Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Rail STRIKE details

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
Not sure how much to read into it but I was speaking to a southern "suit" today who said an emergency timetable is coming in to operation this week- basically a Saturday service but worse......[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda

English & European
Had to wait 55 minutes for a train home tonight from Durrington to Worthing, If it wasn't for suffering with an infected spider bite on my knee I could've walked home quicker.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
However lets all cheer at them winning awards today at the Railway Innovation Awards including the prize for Passenger Experience!!!

They also won the award for its approach to the environment, presumably the innovative approach is to run no trains at all and then you don't damage the environment

http://www.juicebrighton.com/news/brighton-news/2025792/southern-win-award-for-passenger-experience/

GTR certainly offers a unique passenger experience.

What a sick joke.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/govia-...9449093-detail/story.html#r2sCD0wubqPkou6H.01

The company which runs Southern Rail has won two awards and been 'highly commended' for its 'passenger experience'. Govia Thameslink Railway, which also runs the Gatwick Express, Thameslink and Great Northern services, was named best in the environment and engineering and safety categories at the Railway Industry Innovation Awards. And the company was 'highly commended' in the passenger experience category

WOW.... just unbelievable :nono:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Seems things may improve for the punters, according to my SAUCES GTR are backing down, overtime working & exchange of duties now being allowed, all travel passes & car park passes reinstated and the implementation of the OBS for Conductors has been put back. Shows what happens when a workforce sticks together and fights, an example for everyone to learn from.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/govia-...9449093-detail/story.html#r2sCD0wubqPkou6H.01

The company which runs Southern Rail has won two awards and been 'highly commended' for its 'passenger experience'. Govia Thameslink Railway, which also runs the Gatwick Express, Thameslink and Great Northern services, was named best in the environment and engineering and safety categories at the Railway Industry Innovation Awards. And the company was 'highly commended' in the passenger experience category

WOW.... just unbelievable :nono:

Will the passenger who had a good experience come forward ? We need to know who it is.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seems things may improve for the punters, according to my SAUCES GTR are backing down, overtime working & exchange of duties now being allowed, all travel passes & car park passes reinstated and the implementation of the OBS for Conductors has been put back. Shows what happens when a workforce sticks together and fights, an example for everyone to learn from.

Hope your SAUCE is right. Surely there must be a way that passengers can get from A to B, staff can get paid for taking them there and the company can make a profit? Forest game would have been CARNAGE under the current set up BTW, was bad enough last year before all this started!

Will the passenger who had a good experience come forward ? We need to know who it is.

Three of them

chimps.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Surely there must be a way that passengers can get from A to B, staff can get paid for taking them there and the company can make a profit?

yes, its called automotive transport.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Some evidence of this last night. My train was only 10 mins late and split at Horsham for the first time in living memory

el punal

Magnificent SASTA!

As June seems to be the merry month of moaning at the moment I thought I would add my two penny worth.

Yesterday I went to meet friends for a bit of a booze up in Chichester. No driving involved so I decided to catch the Southern Hi-Speed Super Express from Southampton. Part of the fare was paid for by my delay repay voucher. Oh the irony - the ticket office man then told me that the next two Southern trains were cancelled.

So, onto Fratton using GWR's rattler from Cardiff, hoping that SASTA would then have a train to take me to Chi. Fortunately the Littlehampton stopping service was on hand, and boy, doesn't it do an awful lot of stopping. Never mind, arrived at pre-arranged pub venue 45 minutes later than planned and had a smashing time with me old pals.

Now the return journey. Having had to leave the party early, for fear of not being able to get back home, got to Chichester station to find chaos of Brexit proportions. Three trains, westbound, all due within twenty minutes but not knowing where the final destination would be. I got home eventually three hours after leaving Chichester, for a journey that should have taken 50 minutes. By the way, Fratton is lovely on a cold, wet summer's evening.

So SASTA thanks for making my enjoyable evening much less so. I hope you, or Govia, or whatever organisation you belong to loses your franchise. Your service to paying passengers is appalling. I now look forward with dread to the new football season knowing that there is a real possibility (probability) that any journey to watch my beloved Albion is going to end up being one massive shit-fest. :rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here