Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Yeah but my knight will be in the way and I have lost the route in to the king (for now). Its been a good game he is gonna have to do something magical to check mate me, even check me, if he offered me a draw now I would tell him to piss off

How did the game end?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Sounds good! Are you going to set it up Maffew!!?

Yeah I am!

Could possibly do with a wingman though as have been hospitalised for 2 weeks from Tuesday with no mobiles or laptops allowed

Lets get it moving, I got a list together, I think entries should and at 25:49 tomorrow to allow Friday night drinker threads to join. We are up to 14 or so far I think and its gonna be bigger that WHC

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Yeah I am!

Could possibly do with a wingman though as have been hospitalised for 2 weeks from Tuesday with no mobiles or laptops allowed

Lets get it moving, I got a list together, I think entries should and at 25:49 tomorrow to allow Friday night drinker threads to join. We are up to 14 or so far I think and its gonna be bigger that WHC

I reckon will have an army of players! Like the idea of playing chess against other football teams around the globe as suggested by Peter Ward. Now we are a premier league football team let's put the club on the world chess map!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I reckon will have an army of players! Like the idea of playing chess against other football teams around the globe as suggested by Peter Ward. Now we are a premier league football team let's put the club on the world chess map!

BHAFC World Chess Champions, I have already seen some good players post some bits. I am a tad worried that I am going to be offline for a shortwhile but lets make a force

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Count me in. Chess.com is very good because we can create our own B H Albion chess club, communicate, practice, set up tournaments, matches against each other and against other clubs ( as you'd expect Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Toon Club, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, River Plate, Dinamo Zagreb for example all have Chess.com clubs that play each other) . With my low grading I still get to play for 3 other clubs - Team England, Sussex and Hastings. As much or as little as everyone wants. Have a look. I'd be happy to help get something started.

Well, well I've just discovered that in Chess.com there is a Brighton and Hove Albion club, founded in Feb 2017, now has nine members, none of whom appears to live or come from Sussex, some international supporters!! and by the way, Spurs, Chelsea, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Burnley, Birmingham City, Fulham, Portsmouth, Reading, Blackburn Rovers, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Rotherham Utd, Brentford, Notts Forest, Middlesbrough, Sheffeld Wednes, QPR, Deby, Hull City, Sunderland and even bloody Milton Keynes Dons all have a chess club on the site.

Thought l'd bounce this as you edited it and the edit might have gone unnoticed

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yeah I am!

Perfect!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've joined Chess.com but a search for Brighton & Hove Albion reveals nothing: where did you find it?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Count me in please. Haven’t played for many years but reached Boys Brigade National final up in Derby back in the early seventies

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I'm in. Might be tricky to commit to times for 'live' games now and again but for longer/correspondence games I'm all over it. I've joined the chess.com club.

I'm not sure I'm very good, though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here