Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha out

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They can indeed.

However, if they have left out any existing over 21 players, even any injured for the season, then they cannot.

For example, even if we had only named 24 ( let's say Hemed or Skalak had gone on loan ) then we couldn't do this as Sidwell is registered with the albion and would have to take place 25 in the squad in preference to a free agent.

If you have an over-21 player he HAS to be named in your squad if you don't have enough other players.

So if Palace did only name 24 it means they do not have any more players that could have filled that spot.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Never mind - they've a decent academy side playing in the top division of Premier League 2.

Oh.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never mind - they've a decent academy side playing in the top division of Premier League 2.

Oh.

Hang on...I thought that their academy was a WORLD CLASS production line, endlessly producing mercurial talents such as the fabled Jonny Williams (who's been ripping it up in a series of loan spells at Ipswich, MK Dongs, Forest and now Sunderland). I struggle to take this "injury crisis" of theirs seriously when they can simply pluck class like that from the famous La Masia of Croydon.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Hang on...I thought that their academy was a WORLD CLASS production line, endlessly producing mercurial talents such as the fabled Jonny Williams (who's been ripping it up in a series of loan spells at Ipswich, MK Dongs, Forest and now Sunderland). I struggle to take this "injury crisis" of theirs seriously when they can simply pluck class like that from the famous La Masia of Croydon.
Ahem. "Joniesta". Please.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Roy barely changes his starting 11 and played them into the ground over the winter. It's not surprising they are picking up injuries.

It also wouldn't be surprising if we start to get muscle injuries with our ever-presents. It's would be a silly decision not to bring in a CM if this does happen.
Wonder if us having an exact replica of the amex pitch to train on helps

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wonder if us having an exact replica of the amex pitch to train on helps
Probably, plus Bloom invested in state of the art medical and sport science facilities. Palace have got a garden shed and the academy trains at a public football centre. You reap what you sow.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
We've lost twice in 15 games, both times to Arsenal. I don't think we've had a bounce, I think that Roy has turned us into a solid midtable team.

Hopefully Wilf isn't out for more than a month, we've got an international break after the Everton game this weekend which would mean that he'd only miss two or three games in total. We've been incredibly unluckly with serious injuries this season :ffsparr:

As long as he's back for the last 6/7 games (which are all against teams that we'd hope to beat) then we should still be absolutely fine.
Sorry pal but how are you a solid mid table team when your below us lol

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Sorry pal but how are you a solid mid table team when your below us lol

I said that Roy had turned us into a solid midtable team. As in, if we played a full season with Roy as our manager, we'd finish solidly in midtable.

Unfortunately due to some terrible decision making by our board, our season started a bit later than everyone elses!

As for being below you, enjoy that while it lasts :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I said that Roy had turned us into a solid midtable team. As in, if we played a full season with Roy as our manager, we'd finish solidly in midtable.

Unfortunately due to some terrible decision making by our board, our season started a bit later than everyone elses!

As for being below you, enjoy that while it lasts :)

Have to say I agree. But at the same time you SHOULD be above us as have a 4 or 5 season headstart. As for the cheerleaders - I think it suits your franchise well - always behind the times.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh look, the cheerleader’s turned up !
I’m sure Wilf will be fit for your visit .
Brighton Brighton rah rah rah :lol:

I’m very confused but I understand the huge cup win still hurts so will let your oddness slide.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here