Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Now that's more like it Hughton......................

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
we have the talent to be beating 60% of the teams in this league day in day out
We don't have as much talent as a lot of the other teams. We can beat them on our day, but beating them day in day out? We're not that good.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We don't have as much talent as a lot of the other teams. We can beat them on our day, but beating them day in day out? We're not that good.[/QUOTE}

from the games i have seen the full 90 minutes live i would say we are 9-10 points behind where we should be .......a combination of poor concentration / composure and a flat out lack of intent are directly to blame for this imho......we have the players to give most teams a game and beat most on our day .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
from the games i have seen the full 90 minutes live i would say we are 9-10 points behind where we should be
:lol: You think we should be in 7th.
.......a combination of poor concentration / composure
Composure - yes, because our players aren't as good as the ones who are composed.
and a flat out lack of intent are directly to blame for this imho......we have the players to give most teams a game and beat most on our day .
Sorry sydney, you're wrong on this one.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
:lol: You think we should be in 7th.
Composure - yes, because our players aren't as good as the ones who are composed.
Sorry sydney, you're wrong on this one.

look sausage .......we should have beaten bournemouth , newcastle , southampton and possibly watford against 10 men .....theres 8 points , stephens , duffy and particularly march have struggled with their composure and basic decision making for large parts of the season and there have definitely been numerous games where the whole emphasis has been on damage limitation ....no...? a bit more intent against the 4 teams mentioned above and we are 8 point to the good........i know it's a lot of ifs bits and shoulds but i said previously on other threads that we are lacking real quality and i got humped for it .....i can't be wrong all the time , even my mrs lets me win the odd argument now and then.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
look sausage .......we should have beaten bournemouth , newcastle , southampton and possibly watford against 10 men .....theres 8 points , stephens , duffy and particularly march have struggled with their composure and basic decision making for large parts of the season and there have definitely been numerous games where the whole emphasis has been on damage limitation ....no...? a bit more intent against the 4 teams mentioned above and we are 8 point to the good........i know it's a lot of ifs bits and shoulds but i said previously on other threads that we are lacking real quality and i got humped for it .....i can't be wrong all the time , even my mrs lets me win the odd argument now and then.
But without those 4 points the Albion would currently be 19th.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
look sausage .......we should have beaten bournemouth , newcastle , southampton and possibly watford against 10 men .....theres 8 points
You're talking absolute rubbish, you can't just keep all the wins we have got from close games, and choose extra points from others.
stephens , duffy and particularly march have struggled with their composure and basic decision making for large parts of the season
Because they're not among the best players in the division.
i said previously on other threads that we are lacking real quality and i got humped for it .....i can't be wrong all the time
Well it depends on the context. If you're saying we've lacked some quality in the final third this season, I think most would agree with you. If you've saying we've lacked any Premier League quality, I think that's overly harsh. But saying we should be in 7th place is just ridiculous. And you're saying that while at the same time (so you tell me) saying that we are lacking real quality? You've lost the plot.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You're talking absolute rubbish, you can't just keep all the wins we have got from close games, and choose extra points from others.
Because they're not among the best players in the division.
Well it depends on the context. If you're saying we've lacked some quality in the final third this season, I think most would agree with you. If you've saying we've lacked any Premier League quality, I think that's overly harsh. But saying we should be in 7th place is just ridiculous. And you're saying that while at the same time (so you tell me) saying that we are lacking real quality? You've lost the plot.

jesus......this would be so much easier with a pint....we have , up until now , this season dropped 8 points where we could have easily taken them , we have a few players who have struggled inexplicably after doing well in previous games .... solly is a stand out in this bracket , it is a confidence/composure issue in my opinion ........i have never said we should be 7th , i said we had dropped 8 points that we may well have had with a bit of confidence & intent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
jesus......this would be so much easier with a pint
I'd like that one of of those silly signs you hang in the kitchen.

....we have , up until now , this season dropped 8 points where we could have easily taken them
I don't particularly disagree there, we could indeed have done better in some games. But 'could have' taken extra points is very different to 'should have'.
we have a few players who have struggled inexplicably after doing well in previous games .... solly is a stand out in this bracket , it is a confidence/composure issue in my opinion
Ok, but I don't think it's that inexplicable. This is our first PL season, and each week we're against teams who've been here longer.

........i have never said we should be 7th , i said we had dropped 8 points that we may well have had with a bit of confidence & intent.
No, you said "i would say we are 9-10 points behind where we should be", so that's 36 or 37 points - 7th. We've also won games that on another day we might not have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here