Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I am not suggesting it will cease for good, I am suggesting that if we leave after failing to reach an agreement, there will be a period where it will not be possible. It may get resolved quickly, but it may not.

Even if we leave The EU with no trade agreement in place, there will be plenty of areas where agreements will be made before that day arrives. Our gov are keen for example to get the issue of rights concerning citizens already in countries on the agenda straight away and get that done and dusted and out the way. Erasmus could be agreed on before our exit so could scientific study, so could a raft of other areas. Both parties will also simply not permit a situation where there are no flights to happen even temporarily. An agreement on air travel will be forthcoming, this agreement will NOT involve NO flights….stop worrying.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Well contrary to the Remainers constant jibes of racism and nationalism etc, the Commonwealth has only been mentioned as trading outside the EU. Many times it has been stated that we can deal with the Commonwealth and the rest of the World.
Perhaps you were on holiday, or had your mind shut when these opinions were put on this very board, more like it does not fit your perceived view of a Brexiteer.

Lots of lovely countries in the Commonwealth but there are only a few big trading ones. New Zealand for example is smaller than Greece. Anyway, last time I was in Australia it looked pretty far-eastern to me. Even the road signs were in Mandarin. (PS I was trying to remember the last time anyone was accused of racism but if it makes you happy...)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Security and part of the requirements from the USA in getting a trade deal with them.

Travelling to the US is a delight now (or at least has been on my last few trips). Online ESTA takes 5 mins to do and is valid for 2 years, electronic immigration booths at major airports means virtually no queues to enter the country. Took me longer to get back into the UK on my last tip.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Travelling to the US is a delight now (or at least has been on my last few trips). Online ESTA takes 5 mins to do and is valid for 2 years, electronic immigration booths at major airports means virtually no queues to enter the country. Took me longer to get back into the UK on my last tip.

Good to hear.

D

Deleted member 22389

Even if we leave The EU with no trade agreement in place, there will be plenty of areas where agreements will be made before that day arrives. Our gov are keen for example to get the issue of rights concerning citizens already in countries on the agenda straight away and get that done and dusted and out the way. Erasmus could be agreed on before our exit so could scientific study, so could a raft of other areas. Both parties will also simply not permit a situation where there are no flights to happen even temporarily. An agreement on air travel will be forthcoming, this agreement will NOT involve NO flights….stop worrying.

They will find anything and I mean anything to scaremonger, it doesn't work against people anymore. Grounded flights has got to be one of the most ridiculous things I have heard along with football players. Sorry I forgot the other one, France putting all the migrants on boats heading to Dover once we left. What's happened since, the camps have been closed down in Calais.

Last edited by a moderator:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Lots of lovely countries in the Commonwealth but there are only a few big trading ones. New Zealand for example is smaller than Greece. Anyway, last time I was in Australia it looked pretty far-eastern to me. Even the road signs were in Mandarin. (PS I was trying to remember the last time anyone was accused of racism but if it makes you happy...)

Listen, we're gonna get Ozzie wine on the cheap soon and avoid the 10c per litre EU tariff.

Maybe some sort of deal with India in exchange for immigration, welcome to our brave new world

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Last trip to JFK took 2 hours on a biz trip. Our exchange rate will save me the pain of another trip

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Well contrary to the Remainers constant jibes of racism and nationalism etc, the Commonwealth has only been mentioned as trading outside the EU. Many times it has been stated that we can deal with the Commonwealth and the rest of the World.

You do know that it costs MORE to ship stuff to AUSTRALIA than it does to FRANCE don't you?

Quite a lot more in fact.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You haven't thought this through as the answer to your question is no, given that the house will still be occupied.

However lets assume I leave a house where I lock the door. In your world where you are keeping all those nasty foreigners out, someone who was born on the same street and lived there for years, sees me leave the house and knows it is unoccupied. With this knowledge they watch me leave then enter the house and steal lots of valuable items.

When I come back and discover the break in, the police call round to investigate. While investigating several people who live on the right side of the street start blaming those nasty foreigners who can't be trusted.

This dialogue gains some traction, and after a while spreads to the next street, which although crime free, some people on the right side of the street jump on the bandwagon and start protesting about those foreigners.

Next there is a surge of burglar alarms, grills on windows, guns brought and a security wall with wire on top is constructed.

The people on the street all celebrate as they are now safe, however they can not leave the street because it would mean mixing with all those criminals.

Wow...........you have a really healthy imagination, it's actually quite impressive. You could well have a career in children's literature in the future........watch out J.K. Rowling!

Anyway, sifting through this riddle, I think you are saying you would not normally lock your parents front door when you go out because they are usually still in?

It may be hard for you to process this now, but with your imagination I think you will be able to confront the same question again?

What would you do if they had gone out and you were alone in the house.........you want to go down the shops for a copy of look-in and a bag of crisps. So, on leaving the house would you pull the front door shut and lock it or would you leave it wide open?

It might seem scary now, but believe me this will happen at some point in your life, so this is very much a valuable lesson that can be learnt now.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Unless you are going to explain to us with examples, what on earth you are on about can you shut up now, you're very repetitive and rather dull. Cheers.

TB
TC

As it stands DIP could make a post without any words, but yet that post would still convey a message of anger and violent intent...........they all do, because he went to the extra effort of making it just so.

It is odd you don't see it.........you must be one of these people that needs to have things spelt out to you S L O W L Y........a kinda cat sat on the mat type of fella?

You probably secretly enjoy reading the Sun, short news stories, celebrity gossip and tits on page 3.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They will find anything and I mean anything to scaremonger

[MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]'s idea that I might have to catch the Megabus is certainly scary.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
As it stands DIP could make a post without any words, but yet that post would still convey a message of anger and violent intent...........they all do, because he went to the extra effort of making it just so.

It is odd you don't see it.........you must be one of these people that needs to have things spelt out to you S L O W L Y........a kinda cat sat on the mat type of fella?

You probably secretly enjoy reading the Sun, short news stories, celebrity gossip and tits on page 3.

You really are a nitwit. I typed that S L O W L Y for you.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Speaking as a blood-stained and moronic lying hypocrite I'd say that the worst of the aggression seems to come from some among the Leavers on here, ranging from smarmy patronising to the inchoate shrieks of your right wing fellows.

I've noticed one or two of those I agree with being a bit sharp but I wouldn't include our friends of Berlin and Prague in that list.

This is even more absurd than your normal offerings Limpy.

You seem to be saying you are a lying hypocrite and you think being patronising or shrieking about conspiracy in posts are forms of"aggression"?

You don't think that DIP or Herr T (I am assuming) ever post on here in a smarmy patronising or aggressive style?

And best of all........you think I am right wing?

Have I got this all correct.......let me know, hopefully you will have had your medicine.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You really are a nitwit. I typed that S L O W L Y for you.

Dave, I think you dropped a rick there, you should have typed N I T W I T.........you just typed S L O W L Y.........your composition doesn't read right to me?

No wonder you don't see your own personal message of anger and violent intent Dave........your worse than Clampy!

1000/1 its on your next one!

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Dave, I think you dropped a rick there, you should have typed N I T W I T.........you just typed S L O W L Y.........your composition doesn't read right to me?

No wonder you don't see your own personal message of anger and violent intent Dave........your worse than Clampy!

1000/1 its on your next one!

and you are just a fool

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
The runners-up are always accusing us of low intelligence,and none of them has caught on yet!Biggest WHOOOOOOOSH I've ever seen on here.Hope you haven't injured yourself laughing too much.:thumbsup:

I know.......got to remember that in managing responses to some on here.........the cat sat on the mat, the cat sat on the mat, the cat sat on the mat etc.

Thinking about it, this debate is a bit like a Teacher/Pupil relationship.........for the young amongst them I'm sure when they do grow up they will be quite nice well to do young adults.

Some of the olds though are beyond help.........I blame the poll tax.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I know.......got to remember that in managing responses to some on here.........the cat sat on the mat, the cat sat on the mat, the cat sat on the mat etc.

Thinking about it, this debate is a bit like a Teacher/Pupil relationship.........for the young amongst them I'm sure when they do grow up they will be quite nice well to do young adults.

Some of the olds though are beyond help.........I blame the poll tax.

I blame your medication.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
and you are just a fool

Dave on my tissue I can't go bigger than 1000/1.........but it's still there on you posts, a message of anger and violent intent.

If you ask me really nicely in your next post I will tell you my little secret.......I will honest........scouts honour?

Up to you?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here