Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Incident at Parsons Green Tube station

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What's all the fuss about.......

It was just a Lidel bomb.......

I'll get me coat...

There have also been reports though of someone shouting Aldi Akbar......

:tumble::tumble:

Attachments

• Lidel bomb.jpg
    Lidel bomb.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 420
Last edited:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just guessing of course, but seems like a home made IED that hasn't detonated as expected. To my mind, this is not the MO of IS with their penchant for suicide bombers.
One thing is for sure, if I saw that, I would be getting everyone away from it, well away.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just guessing of course, but seems like a home made IED that hasn't detonated as expected. To my mind, this is not the MO of IS with their penchant for suicide bombers.
One thing is for sure, if I saw that, I would be getting everyone away from it, well away.

Before you do get away, remember to video it on your phone, regardless of any risk to yourself.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Before you do get away, remember to video it on your phone, regardless of any risk to yourself.

Yes, makes you wonder when people do that.

Terrorist bomb but let me film it for social media

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yes, makes you wonder when people do that.

Terrorist bomb but let me film it for social media

I think you under-estimate the worth of 3 likes and 6 retweets, with an outside chance of "going viral". You can then pin the tweet to the top of your timeline to illustrate how cool you are.

It's genuinely worth risking your life for.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Some tweeter on BBC website says

I'm safe. Just had to run for my life at Parsons Green. Big stamped (sic). Don't know why.

Why ****ing bother to tweet that drivel. Ring your family. People are pricks.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester

Actually you might jest...

When i did my Royal Engineers Search Course in Northern Ireland we were taught that the person who discovered the device, or got the closest to it, would have to do a sketch and personally hand it over to the ATO (the one that wears the bomb suit) along with as detailed description as possible. This is to assis the ATO as much as possible.
I'm not really sure what they teach these days as my course was pre-smartphone. I suspect it's still a sketch as an unstable device could be triggered accidentally, but whatever the current SOP's, if you discover a suspected device we were taught to take a good look at it and take in as much detail as possible before running away.

If i saw that on the tube, i think I'd probably take a photo. Not to sell to the media or publish online, but to assist any follow-up agency.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Some tweeter on BBC website says

I'm safe. Just had to run for my life at Parsons Green. Big stamped (sic). Don't know why.

Why ****ing bother to tweet that drivel. Ring your family. People are pricks.

Because it didn't happen unless they show off about it - such is the yoke of social media these days and peoples me me look at me neediness!

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
reports are that the bomb didn't go off fully and apart from the potential lives this has saved it might also give up a lot of evidence. I would imagine you aren't too bothered about fingerprints and the like if you are making something you expect to explode. Hopefully it'll have a lot for the forensic team to work with.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
reports are that the bomb didn't go off fully and apart from the potential lives this has saved it might also give up a lot of evidence. I would imagine you aren't too bothered about fingerprints and the like if you are making something you expect to explode. Hopefully it'll have a lot for the forensic team to work with.

Don't these trains have CCTV? Shouldn't need a forensic team.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I expect images of culprit to be circling come the end of the weekend

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here