Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You are over 14 years of age and .....

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I wore my favourite variant of the SKINT era - 2004 play off winning - signed by the squad on Saturday.

Why? Because I'm 37 and it made me feel good supporting the team I've waited 30 seasons to see in the top flight at home in a shirt that means a lot to me.

You can go fudge yourself if that irks you in anyway.

That is all

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Each to their own and if people of any age want to wear a replica strip then I don't see a problem. Personally I wouldn't, although I always wear a blue polo shirt or similar to games.

Funnily enough, my son who turned 14 this year actually turned down my offer of buying him the home or away replica strip this season. Shame because I've always enjoyed buying them for him as I loved footie shirts when I was young.

He said he'd rather spend the money on a pair of Levi's jeans or a Lyle & Scott shirt. I think he's realised that a nice pair of jeans is more attractive to the opposite sex than a football strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Happy to please you.

Smashing, to have a purpose in life, innit?

:bowdown:

I think the OP, who has apparently been on NSC for years, is either a Palarse mole, or is Ben's grandson..... :facepalm::lolol::thumbsup:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Another tedious iteration of the same, tired old thread on NSC. Why?

This. I hate morons thinking they have the right to tell other fans what they should or shouldn't wear. Who cares?!

I'm 35 and don't always wear the shirt to games by any means but sometimes I do and love it. The last game I wore it to was Wigan and I'm glad I did, it looked great seeing so many fans in the stripes.

Waiting for the next thread now from someone telling us what we should or shouldn't do with regard to respecting/clapping opposition players. That's another favourite on here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Is this part of a GCSE sociology project? As an experienced teacher, I'm sorry to say that it lacks coherence, is contextually incontinent, and is, overall, tatty and shabby. I'm sorry to say, it's a fail :cry:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

I think he's realised that a nice pair of jeans is more attractive to the opposite sex than a football strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OK then

81e55b4cc8f3153dff2017eae1da9a9e--soccer-fans-football-fans.jpg
3f7e53eab86c97d1d7f5adf7326167b4--badges-brazil.jpg
f8588cce236c63b0e8e47ff5e29b6932--football-girls-soccer-girls.jpg

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
You wear a replica top to matches. Why ?
I see it as people wanting to be a Brighton footballer and that's the nearest they'll get, id compare it to somebody who wants to be a postman dressing up like a postie and following one about.

Couldn't be further from the truth. Quite simply, showing my pride for the club.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Is this part of a GCSE sociology project? As an experienced teacher, I'm sorry to say that it lacks coherence, is contextually incontinent, and is, overall, tatty and shabby. I'm sorry to say, it's a fail :cry:

As an experienced teacher perhaps you should be able to recognise an old fashioned fishing trip when you see one. Sincerely hoping you get your much deserved pay rise.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Because we're Brighton fans going to a Brighton match?

I get that it's unacceptable to be a "full kit wan*er" at a football match over the age of about 10, but why is wearing a replica shirt unacceptable? I mean, when else am I supposed to wear my replica shirt if I'm not wearing it to Brighton matches?

On holiday? Thousands do !
However, on topic, I think anyone wearing a replica shirt to their team's game is absolutely entitled to.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The answer has a long and storied tradition in history. Where ever humans were representing their tribe there was a flag/banner bearer.

Despite being one of the most deadly occupations in an army the flag bearer/bannerman was the most sought after position such was the honour.

When a flag bearer would fall there was never a shortage of men who'd pick it up from the fallen comrade and march on with it.

Replica team jerseys today draw their tradition from this mentality of flying the colours of the team to show which team you are with.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I see it as people wanting to be a Brighton footballer and that's the nearest they'll get, id compare it to somebody who wants to be a postman dressing up like a postie and following one about.

you get a daft analogy award. if your going to take it this far, may as well question going to watch football at all, people could just wait stay at home and look up the final score after the game.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Sorry for the goading :kiss::lolol:

I'm not sure about the 'together' thing. My first reaction is like yours (sound of medieval church bell, squark of rooks, and mewing as I softly clunk my head on nearest hard thing). However.... its kinda sweet. We can't all be veterans of hardship, face-offs, accidentally getting onto a train carriage at Hove full of massive Alice thugs, the wilderness years, Hull on a Tuesday night.....

At least they bought a shirt (and 'bollocks' to the OP) and made the effort of personalizing it, using their money (not like the Chelsea tit I bumped into on Saturday, sneaking off after an hour so he'd not miss Bake Off).

Live and let live.

But whoever it was who saw someone in a Liverpool shirt in the home seating - scream for a steward! I am quite serious. It is a flagrant provocation, rather like wandering into a Catholic Church wearing a Henry the eighth rubber face mask. :wrong:

You were obviously sneaking off as well then :drool:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here