Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Prop-per did it again
He played with my heart, during the game
Oh Davy Davy
Prop-per, we're in love
You're sent from abooooovvveee
You're not so innocent.

All to be accompanied by Britney dance moves, of course.

This guy right here

dcOBuVk.gif

:bowdown:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Davy's on the road again
Wearing different clothes again
Yes, that will be the new University Gold alternative kit...

Needs more work, I think

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
The fees banded about for this guy seem to range vastly. I'm presuming this is because the English Media think we're a bit of a cheapskate club when it comes to signings and the Dutch media are bigging up the fee as PSV are a popular side. I reckon it will probably fall into the £7-8m bracket with some potential add on's/clauses

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Phillip Cocu seems to think it's done and dusted. He's already been talking to the local press about the need to sign a replacement to strengthen his team.

Does he think that Propper signing for Brighton & Hove Albion is done and dusted? or does he just think that Propper leaving PSV is done and dusted? Big difference.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
The fees banded about for this guy seem to range vastly. I'm presuming this is because the English Media think we're a bit of a cheapskate club when it comes to signings and the Dutch media are bigging up the fee as PSV are a popular side. I reckon it will probably fall into the £7-8m bracket with some potential add on's/clauses

It seems to me that the Daily Mail came up with the wrong info (who’d thunk it) and everyone repeated. It’s also reported to be a record signing by Argus and others also probably just repeating info.
Personally don’t give a stuff. He looks pretty good to me and if our leaders want him that will do for me.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
To be honest no. But reading up on the player he is obviously well thought of in Holland played a high standard of football looks good in the videos I have seen. It also pleases me that he is signing for us because he has been mentioned by Palace fans as a player they would like and those who had seen him play thought he would strengthen their midfield, So all this together is why I am pleased if he signs for us.

Would you not be pleased if he signs then?
Yes we can't rely on Sidders all season he looks a decent player thought we looked a bit weak in the middle of the park yesterday until Steve came on a younger Sidwell model would do for me.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Barber on Sky Sports News just then:
Confirmed we are doing a deal today that will break our transfer record - "if we get it over the line"
Didn't deny it when Jim White said it was Davy Propper and it was 10 million quid.

Sky had a highlights reel of Propper that they played over the interview with Barber saying he was the type of "quality" player they were looking at.

Body language wasn't brilliant when questioned. Let's hope we haven't blown this one or had it hijacked. I didn't feel warm and fuzzy when watching.

I suspect that if the deal isn't done today it won't happen

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
So is it pronounced 'Pruhpper'?

Probably "Prer-per", but it's not a traditional Dutch name. Almost certainly German origin. There is no "ö" in the Dutch alphabet, you only see it in imported words.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Body language wasn't brilliant when questioned. Let's hope we haven't blown this one or had it hijacked. I didn't feel warm and fuzzy when watching.

Body language probably wasn't great because he'd rather keep any prospective deals low key rather than them been publicised on Sky for everyone to see.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sounded like Prooper on the Youtube vid - which will end well. :cool:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Body language probably wasn't great because he'd rather keep any prospective deals low key rather than them been publicised on Sky for everyone to see.

Thought body language was fine, just didn't want to commit until all paperwork complete.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

PSV official website just now.

propper.png

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought body language was fine, just didn't want to commit until all paperwork complete.

Wouldn't read too much into it either, a bit of smirking, admission it'll be a club record.............didn't seem to negative to me, just circumspect and not willing to give anything away (as usual)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here