Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Random places you've bumped into other 'Seagulls' fans....

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
A slight variation to the theme ....

I've been an Albionite all my life but I married a girl from Coventry, and her entire family, including her two sons, are avid Cov fans, not Albion fans.
When we made the play off final against Brizzle they wanted to come with me to the game because Cov have never been in a play off and nor had they ever been to the Millenium.

We parked in the park & ride that day, and on the way back to the car after the game we were sat on the bus when one of my stepsons got a tap on the shoulder.
It was a lad he used to go to school with who was another avid Cov fan, not an Albion fan ... and he had also been to the game!

It transpired that this lad's girlfriend was a Brighton fan and she had persuaded him to attend the match with her.

Two Cov fans, who hadn't seen each other since schooldays, bump into each other on the same bus, amongst hundreds of buses, in Cardiff, leaving a match involving BHA, ... and neither lad supports BHA in any way!
What are the chances.....

A footnote to that story .... both lads lost touch and never saw each other again ............. until they randomly bumped again in the arrivals hall at Dubai Airport many many years later!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
A bar at the jolly beach resort in Antigua 2004 watching an Arsenal Game, it was good Friday iirc the day before the WI v England test.

Wasn't this guy was it ???

image.jpeg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not as glamorous as Antigua or the desert sands of Mars.
I met my future wife, along time Albion fan, in Hastings. :)

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Some teenager also In Orlando at Wet n' Wild had a Seagulls tattoo on his back (think it was a transfer) Had a chat about how shit Hyppia was and then he popped off in to Disco H20

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Funchal Madeira walking through town back to the cruise ship I was on. He was wearing an Albion shirt so I went and spoke to him.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
This post from 2005

26-07-2005, 19:45 #9

The Pink Elephant (I think) in Magaluf used to be owned by a Brighton fan. (We are talking 15 years ago here)

I nearly got me and my mate killed by telling a pissed up Scottish Man U fan that Jim Leighton had bandy legs. Having the bar owned by a fellow Seagull came in useful.

I was that bar owner!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Saw a kid in a Brighton shirt on Las Ramblas in Barcelona. Gave a cheeky "Seeaaagulls." Got one back from the kid and his dad.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Getting off the TGV in Poitiers last year,Albion polo shirt on,B-Cal shirt getting on next carriage.Plus the usual landlords in Santa Eulalia,Fuengirola,and Gibraltar.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Today, while on holiday in Orlando, we went to 'Boggy Creek Airboat Rides' and as we entered the shop/booking area, a guy wearing a replica shirt came out with his kids.
I didn't have anything identifying myself on but couldn't resist calling out "Seagulls" as he came towards me.
He half smiled, didn't stop, and that was that......a small, strange, brief encounter with a fellow Albion fan, miles from home.
Just wondered if anyone else has had far away random Albion moments like that?

Small world Withdean and I, that guy was my brother and there were 15 of us at Boggy Creek, 9 of the blokes and kids were either current or recent season ticket holders. Half a smile was a good return from him as he can be a grumpy sod! Not helped by the fact that our sat nav has taken us to the wrong Boggy Creek and our booking had been stuffed up and we lost our hour long trip and ended up with 30 minutes instead.. Good fun nonetheless... Who'd have thought that there were two Boggy Creeks, certainly none of us...

We went straight from there to the airport and I'm now back home in Lewes not having slept since that chance encounter.. Exhausted and in need of another holiday. To continue the theme of your thread I was in the pool at our resort on Tuesday afternoon looking after the kids and a couple of lads were chatting nearby and had were looking at their phones and heard them saying that we had gone 2-1 up against Birmingham, turns out that they also followed the Albion, lived in High Wycombe but went to Uni down this way...

Enjoy the rest of your holiday mate.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Today, while on holiday in Orlando, we went to 'Boggy Creek Airboat Rides' and as we entered the shop/booking area, a guy wearing a replica shirt came out with his kids.
I didn't have anything identifying myself on but couldn't resist calling out "Seagulls" as he came towards me.
He half smiled, didn't stop, and that was that......a small, strange, brief encounter with a fellow Albion fan, miles from home.
Just wondered if anyone else has had far away random Albion moments like that?
I think Ernest is currently composing a thread about some dullard that shouted "Seagulls" at him while he was on holiday in Florida.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The Pacific Beer Hall, Hanoi, Vietnam. Bloke was wearing an Albion polo so I went over and had a brief chat. I think it was back in the (most recent) league 1 promotion season.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I was in a pub in Birmingham a couple of evenings ago, and blow me down if there weren't maybe 40 Albion fans in there. I know Brum isn't that far from Brighton, but 40 in one pub has to count as unusual Shirley?

On topic: There's an Albion fan who lives 3 doors down from my place in San Francisco.

Off topic:
There's a guy works down the chipshop swears he's Elvis. (But he doesn't look like him)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Went to a "house-warming" party on Dhahran Family Camp in Saudi Arabia back in the early eighties. The guy "hosting" or looking after the place whilst the owners were on R&R was a guy who ran/owned a newsagents in Portland Rd and had a taxi business.

Not only that he also knew my sister who worked at the shop.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Last week in Prague at the top of a sightseeing tower, just before the Burnley game!

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Whilst living in Dunedin, New Zealand I encountered two different Albion fans. One walking down the street, the other was two rows in front of me at the Rugby World Cup.

Whilst visiting Coventry uni I ended up watching an Albion match on TV with another NSCer - the name eludes me - may have been [MENTION=4815]seagully[/MENTION] ?

And lastly a couple of Albion supporters were at the same restaurant as me a year or two back - here in St. John's - Newfoundland. Gully on their backpacks gave them away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here