Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chefs you can't stand

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I appeared on Floyd on Food when I was in the Navy, Keith Floyd was a number one tosspot, even hated by his own people. I felt sorry for his young researcher, he was an out and out twunt to her, and one of the Marines on our course asked her if she wanted Floyd "dealt with" . Unfortunately she declined the offer

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I appeared on Floyd on Food when I was in the Navy, Keith Floyd was a number one tosspot, even hated by his own people. I felt sorry for his young researcher, he was an out and out twunt to her, and one of the Marines on our course asked her if she wanted Floyd "dealt with" . Unfortunately she declined the offer

Yes, I heard myself that he was " difficult " at best and downright obnoxious by default.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Obnoxious is putting it mildly, one of the most unpleasant individuals I've ever had the misfortune to meet.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Obnoxious is putting it mildly, one of the most unpleasant individuals I've ever had the misfortune to meet.

He's one of the few celebrity chefs I've actually met. It was at a corporate breakfast at White Hart Lane, he and that Spurs giant Scandinavian goalie (whose name I've completely forgotten) were special guests and Floyd was drinking red wine and staggering around totally pissed at about 9.30. He was being obnoxious to all and sundry too

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's one of the few celebrity chefs I've actually met. It was at a corporate breakfast at White Hart Lane, he and that Spurs giant Scandinavian goalie (whose name I've completely forgotten) were special guests and Floyd was drinking red wine and staggering around totally pissed at about 9.30. He was being obnoxious to all and sundry too

Erik Thorstvedt?

Weird. I've not heard that name for years, and that's the second time today it's come up. Assuming that's who you meant.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ha Ha! Have to agree. Got his silly programme on in the background right now, how can someone be so enthusiastic about fxxk all? 'Ooh, I am so excited by this Ghanain classic version of an historic desert recipe', sign of a great salesman/presenter I guess.

He also...has...a deeply irritating...habit...of pausing indiscriminately...every few words...he speaks.

Slater is annoying, but it's Oliver who needs a frying pan in the face for me. I like his food, but I can't stand his excessively matey chirpy banter, and everything being "beau' iful", and his habit of serving pretty much everything on a PLANK.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
C*nts the lot of them, got a lot to answer for filling the TV schedules with loads of boring shite.
Particular mentions for Rick Stein and James Martin.
However, the little blonde piece who does the show (they film at Seven Dials) about where food really comes from :love:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Erik Thorstvedt?

Weird. I've not heard that name for years, and that's the second time today it's come up. Assuming that's who you meant.

That's the fella - name completely went out of my head. He seemed like a nice guy, unlike his drunken companion

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Nigel Slater. Never in the field of TV chefdom has so much dosh been made by a smarmy tw@t tossing salads or frying a fecking egg!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He also...has...a deeply irritating...habit...of pausing indiscriminately...every few words...he speaks.

Slater is annoying, but it's Oliver who needs a frying pan in the face for me. I like his food, but I can't stand his excessively matey chirpy banter, and everything being "beau' iful", and his habit of serving pretty much everything on a PLANK.

Someone needs to teach chefs, restauranteurs or waiters, whoever makes these stupid decisions, that PLANKS are for scaffolding, or for use as a derogatory term, or for smacking catering staff back into the normal world.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Erik Thorstvedt?

If not him then Espen Baardsen. I have no idea what part of my brain that came from.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If not him then Espen Baardsen. I have no idea what part of my brain that came from.

I like to think that us football fans have a special part of our brains dedicated to obscure 90's footballers. I thank/blame Merlin sticker collecting as a child.

On topic: Another mention to Nigel Slater. He's the only person who claims to make things 'out of leftovers in the fridge', yet some of the things I wouldn't even know where to buy, let alone cook.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Simon Rimmer is awful, but that may be in part due to his indelible association with Tim Lovejoy.

James Martin wears terrible rings which, when shown in extreme close up as he juliennes some carrot makes me feel sick. Plus the whole 'Yorkshire' thing obviously. And that ****ing pancake challenge.

Heston is a bad parody of himself.

Lorraine Pascal though is the worst. She literally doesn't even cook.

There are some really good ones though; Jamie oliver, Steve Raichlen and Rachel Khoo especially.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

She annoys me much more that she should. I stopped watching after a while but when I did her schtick seemed to be going shopping followed by making something really obvious with her "little twist" - a drizzle of honey or the addition of a chilli more often than not.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Simon Rimmer is awful, but that may be in part due to his indelible association with Tim Lovejoy.

James Martin wears terrible rings which, when shown in extreme close up as he juliennes some carrot makes me feel sick. Plus the whole 'Yorkshire' thing obviously. And that ****ing pancake challenge.

Heston is a bad parody of himself.

There are some really good ones though; Jamie oliver, Steve Raichlen and Rachel Khoo especially.

True, true. Rimmer is the toady Richard Hanmond to Lovejoy's Jeremy Clarkson, forever following him around & with no identifiable career of his own.

It says a lot about Lovejoy :tosser: that, given the choice, I'd actually prefer to spend an hour trapped in a lift with Clarkson than that idiotic mockney Chelsea arse.

Martin gets on my nerves too, probably for his excessive Yorkshireism & the fact he chucks half a block of butter into everything he cooks.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
She annoys me much more that she should. I stopped watching after a while but when I did her schtick seemed to be going shopping followed by making something really obvious with her "little twist" - a drizzle of honey or the addition of a chilli more often than not.

An entire segment of one of her shows was - literally - how to chop strawberries and put them on top of a cake FFS.

It really wound me up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here