Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What things annoy you - even though they shouldn't really?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Subjectivity in weather forecasts.

"It's going to be another lovely day" - Insert Glorious, Beautiful, Nice or any other similar adjective. Not everyone thinks hot sunny weather constitutes 'lovely'.

"I'm afraid rain is on it's way" - WTF are you afraid of!? Some people actually grow things in the ground believe it or not and appreciate it when rain comes along and saves them endless hours of watering. Nothing to be afraid of.

Stick to the facts alone please weather forecasters, your opinion doesn't speak for everyone. News presenters don't present the news in that way, so what makes weather reporters think they're any different?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Women on Facebook who list their occupation as "full time mummy"

Women on Facebook who put "proudmummy" or similar variants into their actual name

Public transport offering "free wifi" that is totally unusable. Make it work or don't offer it!

People in Brighton who do their utmost to be "alternative", but only end up succeeding in looking like every other douche with stupid hair and a cravat in the middle of summer.

Anyone who uses "banter" or calls their mates their "squad". Anyone that thinks stuff is "cheeky", anyone who uses the term "bae"

The general public.

Let's get married :lol: :thumbsup:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
A woman probably just around 60 years old at my work always sounds like she has a pube in her throat. There's nothing wrong with sometimes lightly coughing, and perhaps really something is happening to her in the neck area that might take her life, but i do want her to stop that particular noise, even if it makes her live slightly shorter.

Dreadlocks on white people. I grew one myself at the age of 17 - a dreadlock and not a white person - but i'd slap myself if i saw the 17 year old me now. I also had a Calderon underlip muff and i find those utterly ludicrous. Especially on men in their 30s.

Very hairy hands. I'm quite a hirsute chap, but not greatly in the hand area. In a similar way, i don't like chaps who seem to be slick and hairless all over, but have very thick eyebrows. Seems illogical.

The girlfriend says she can't stand ladies putting on their make-up on public transport.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Not eating the crusts of pizzas. What a waste. And loosely connected, those who leave a very small thing on their plate exclaiming that is all they can fit in and are full to the brim. It's a single brussell sprout. Eat it.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The middle aged woman in Tescos today who spent five minutes trying to choose a ready made salad. She parked her trolley across the aisle so no one could get near.
FFS!!!

People who are too scared of middle aged women to move their trolleys to one side so they can pass - and then moan about their experience.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
People who type out "...Full Stop" at the end of a sentence as emphasis.

People who complain about other peoples' pet hates.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Today's generation of young women who always have their (pretty pink) mobile phones in their hand - even when their carrying bags of heavy shopping or pushing a large baby buggy (which really needs two hands) - and spend every second of the day texting or chatting; on the rare occasions they aren't on their phones, they walk along with the palm of their hand turned upwards with the phone displayed for all to see - is it a fashion thing (blokes don't do this)?

Following on from the above, women who sit with a group of mates or colleagues in a pub, but keep dropping out of the conversation to check/play with their phones - and then say ' Oooh what was that? I missed that?'. Or spend Friday/Saturday night stood outside the pub so they can chatter to someone else - why not just go out with/visit the friend you're yapping to if it's so important?

Teenage girls who say 'like' at least 5 times in every sentence...having started the sentence with 'Ohmigod', regardless of how uninteresting the topic is. Word of advice; you don't sound cool or American, you just sound like an airhead.

Chavvy blokes who drive round town playing their car stereos full volume with the windows wound down as soon as the sun comes out, with the vibrations from the bass registering 5.4 on the Richter scale. The music they play is always sh*t too!

Train announcers who say 'Thank you for choosing to travel with.....' Er, what choice did I have?

The growing number of people who now say 'Can I get a coffee/beer/sandwich?' No, you can't, but the person serving you will get it for you.

Management-speak or corporate jargon which is endemic in the work-place these days.

Old people who a) stop in the doorway of the shop to count their change b) wait until they get on the bus before getting their purse out and start rummaging for money to pay the fare - you've been waiting there for 15 minutes, so why didn't you have your fare ready before the bus arrived?

:mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant::mad::rant:

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Buses.
I don't (won't) like riding on them because they won't take you straight to your destination but insists on going in a zig zag route before getting to to where you want to be.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Train announcers who say 'Thank you for choosing to travel with.....' Er, what choice did I have?

Even more annoying is the AUTOMATIC train announcement saying "we look forward to you travelling with us again". That's great, a robot can't wait for me to get on a train again.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Old people who wait until they get on the bus before getting their purse out and start rummaging for money to pay the fare - you've been waiting there for 15 minutes, so why didn't you have your fare ready before the bus arrived?

I'm one of those who keeps people waiting because I use the B&H buses phone app - which I can't get ready before the bus arrives. Or rather I can, but the e-ticket will disappear by the time the bus comes and I have to reclick on the app three or four times. Grrr

Anyone with small wheelie cases. Pick it up

When I'm this country's dictator, I'm going to introduce a fare supplement for anyone using these - if you're under 65. Fair enough for people like my mum, but 20-something using them is the height of laziness. I don't go to London very often but when I do I invariably trip over one or two

Anyone who calls their mates their "squad". Anyone that thinks stuff is "cheeky", anyone who uses the term "bae"

I must live in different world because I've never heard any of these words used outside their usual meanings - I have no idea what bae means in this context

People filming gigs on their phones. Why pay money for a gig and then watch it through a 6 inch screen? More to the point: put the ****ing phone away, I can't see the ****ing band!
The woman next to me at the In C concert on Saturday spent most of the time updating her Facebook page. It was a sold-out gig, with people standing at the back. If you didn't want to be there, why go?

I'm normally blasé about spelling mistakes but for some unknown reason I get wound up by people spelling shoo-in as shoe-in. I don't know why this misspelling gets my goat: I think it's because it's such a nonsensical phrase - if you had to shoe something in, it implies it's quite tough - the exact opposite of the meaning - and to me it's just a sign of bad spelling but sloppy thinking. It's the one word that really irks me

... and relax

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wimbledon full stop. Overhyped toffs occassion, the real sport hidden behind screeching upper/middle class (mostly) women who blather on about it endlessly for two weeks and speak like they are sports geeks, until the day after the final when their talk goes back to handbags/shoes/calories in lettuce or whatever for another 50 weeks. I got dragged along with my old boss once to a corporate day there, it was truly fvcking horrendous. Oh, and agree with Sharapova's grunting, in another scenario I'd put up with it, but not tennis.

Spot on with your comments about female tennis 'fans'.
I always ask them if they watch the other tennis tournaments on TV, it's my favourite part of Wimbledon.
I'm not a tennis fan, but I find it odd how some women can watch Wimbledon on TV but not take any notice of the sport for the rest of the year.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Can we rename this thread "First World Problems" please?

Jesus you lot are uptight.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Lycra clad cyclists who refuse to use cycle paths provided for their own safety, Falmer to Woodingdean for example.

You mean against police advice? Which suggests that cyclists shouldn't use shared use paths if they're going over 12mph.

The surface on the path you mention is also crap and dangerous. I've used it once and got a puncture. But carry on.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
People with such tiny lives and minds of their own that they have to spend their time whinging (ususally on the internet as these types don't get out much) about other more successful and dynamic people getting on with enjoying their lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here