The new away ('Volt' yellow) and third ('Crimson' red) shirts

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I know I'm never going to see it again but my favourite away kit was the azure blue and black stripes from the mid nineties.

http://www.oldfootballshirts.com/en...ghton-and-hove-albion-football-shirt-s94.html

Nike seem to prefer the thinner stripe in general it appears

1426504773-45031000.png

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Can we please just make sure the American Express logo is actually PRINTED on the shirt rather than stuck.

It's the reason why I did not cough up nearly £50 for this seasons.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Can we please just make sure the American Express logo is actually PRINTED on the shirt rather than stuck.

It will be stuck and not printed because that's all Nike do.

It makes a big difference, however, if individual letters can be stuck on instead of an ugly patch, as is the case with the training kit for example.

20140730-093459-6296_420x315_w.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

No, we can't. It won't be. Nike don't do it.

What we CAN do is have individual lettering stuck on (if the background is plain), rather than needing a horrible rectangular panel. See this year's keeper kits for example.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
The reason for that is the red ad black just look awful and the orange is available on E bay etc at 1/3rd of the price.

The orange kit was only ever given a very limited release by the club. You can get it (without badge and sponsor logo) from any kit supplier that stocks Nike kit for about £12, same with the red and black away shirt (Lewes wear exactly the same shirt as their home shirt, Southend use the orange shirt for their away kit). The only shirt that was unique to us is the home shirt.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can we make sure there's something wrong it? I want to see at least THIRTY threads on NSC from people complaining about their new shirt which they've been FORCED to spend £40 on.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Why do nike say they make bespoke kits but will then not make a shirt with a proper logo or stop the stripes midway through a shirt. Surely the point of a bespoke kit is having is made how YOU f**k1ng want it!!?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Something else which makes the current away kits look cheap is that they stick the same home badge on it. The old green/black kit and previous red/black kits the badge was changed to match the shirt.

The home and away shirts for the first season at the Amex really were quality compared to Nike's refusal to make what we actually want.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why do nike say they make bespoke kits but will then not make a shirt with a proper logo or stop the stripes midway through a shirt. Surely the point of a bespoke kit is having is made how YOU f**k1ng want it!!?

It's not bespoke in the traditional sense, it's more of a Franken-shirt with elements chosen from varying existing shirts.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It won't be stripes again. I posted on another thread but I think it will be all yellow. Considering Amex won't have their logo on a mixed background and I don't think I tile will work with it, I'm ruling this (quite nice) one out:

Capture3.PNG

I reckon it will be one of the below.

Capture2.PNGCapture.PNG

I'd also like to see them colour code the crest like they did on the green/black away kit. If they choose one of these I think it will sell very well. Just not having a horrid tile sticking to your chest will increase sales IMO.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
It will be stuck and not printed because that's all Nike do.

It makes a big difference, however, if individual letters can be stuck on instead of an ugly patch, as is the case with the training kit for example.

20140730-093459-6296_420x315_w.jpg

I'm pretty sure (and I could be mistaken), that there was a thread around the time people were complaining, about a team that had a shirt that had their sponsor printed, and the thread was on the lines of "see it can be done". I think it was a German or French lower league team. Perhaps [MENTION=268]Superphil[/MENTION] can shed some light?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here