Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal - on his way?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The recruitment team have got their work cut out to find squad quality to replace Kayal, Hunemeier, Sidwell, Tomer et al. All excellent club men, we'll do well to find such selfless players as these.

I think it will be sad to see him go if he does leave. He was Hughton's first buy as our manager, and what a fantastic buy he was. I truly believe he was the reason we stayed in the Championship that year. He was absolutely brilliant.
He has proved he is good enough to play in the PL, but probably not as a starter. I would like to keep him as back up, but I'm not sure that's what he wants or deserves. We do need more central midfield players, but they have to be good enough to give Stevens and Propper a run for their money.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What was his message?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, our target for next season must be mid table consolidation and to do that we need to improve the overall squad. Kayal has been good for us and us good for him. If he is to get a regular first team spot he needs to play in the Championship.
I am currently putting my trust in the recruitment team as I wouldn’t have a clue as to who we need or can afford.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Wonder what the club think...they may want to keep him? ...we need to sign one firstly to replace Sidders and two to push Pröpper and Stephens....BK will be good for the club as back up

Just as an aside ..he didn’t hang around last night (as against other players)...after the match ...while I was there all other players stopped to do selfies etc...while he acknowledged supporters he just rushed through...read into that what you may

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From the tweet he made on the link in the thread about the nineties he doesn’t appear to be saying goodbye

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I really hope he stays. Granted, he isn't the first choice CM (Stephens and Propper are) and he's not quite good enough to replace/challenge Gross in the #10 role, but he still has a LOT to offer and he has been en excellent servant for us.

Whilst we are establishing ourselves as a Premier League club, I think it would be folly to allow us to forget the quality of player that got us there, especially those that can still offer us something in this league.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I thought he did 'more than alright' when he covered for Proper. If he wants to go I think we can all understand that but I would be surprised if the club want him to go. We do need 2 new midfielders but we need to keep the 3 we have so there is good competition and to cover for injury.

Yoda

English & European
Yes, our target for next season must be mid table consolidation and to do that we need to improve the overall squad.

Our target next season should be survival again.

Ian Wright summed it up perfectly the other week on Sky Sports The Debate show the other week. Every clubs first aim, outside the big 6, should be avoiding relegation. Aiming for anything more is setting yourself up for disappointment.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I thought that this was supposed to be an informal sport chat amongst fans, as opposed to being an education lesson or test.

Writing without punctuation is hard to understand particularly if you add clauses and other ideas that may introduce new themes or anyway they can be so or perhaps you dont think that way maybe not it doesn't matter I suppose so

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
kayal and hemed both have year left on contracts - reckon we will sell both of them - undisclosed fees incoming

Sidwell I reckon will stay

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
kayal and hemed both have year left on contracts - reckon we will sell both of them - undisclosed fees incoming

Sidwell I reckon will stay

Did Hemed not sign an extension. Think he has longer.

Edit. Just checked it was only 18 month extension

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I thought he did 'more than alright' when he covered for Proper. If he wants to go I think we can all understand that but I would be surprised if the club want him to go. We do need 2 new midfielders but we need to keep the 3 we have so there is good competition and to cover for injury.

My thoughts too. If he goes I assume we'll replace with like for like, so a good deputy for Stephens or Propper. In which case why let him go? Can't see him wanting to drop to the Championship to get game time really only leaving one of the promoted sides maybe

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Given that this whole thread / “rumour” is based on a wave and an Instagram post where he says “together we will be back next season” - I’d say the discussion is a tad premature

caf1336699fafe4760530f919f735304.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here