Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Master criminals caught on camera

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Seen this? SABC presenter mugged when about to broadcast live on the news.
He is fine, they stole his and his producers phones and he is laughing about it now, but they did threaten to shoot him. As you do when stealing a phone live on air.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bloody hell what is the world coming too!?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
South Africa is a country I have always fancied visiting but it is an incredibly violent country.

Just out of interest, and I'm sure it's fine, what is like where you live [MENTION=9822]KZNSeagull[/MENTION] ?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
South Africa is a country I have always fancied visiting but it is an incredibly violent country.

Just out of interest, and I'm sure it's fine, what is like where you live @KZNSeagull ?

Not really sure how to answer. Do I feel safe? Yes. Am I aware of the violence? Yes. It is rather strange standing in your garden and you hear gunshots. You hear stories all the time of what happened to so and so but we have been here 11 years and have not had any trouble at all. My brother has been here 35 years and my mother-in-law 40 and they have not had any trouble either. It will be different in the cities, but we all live in rural or semi-rural areas so you get to know they locals and they get to know you. My observation is that if you treat them with respect etc then all is fine - the only people I know that have had trouble are those that do not.

But as you can see from that video, that sort of thing is totally random and if your luck is out then anything can happen. But I could potentially get mugged walking my son to school tomorrow, but I am not going to worry about it.

You should visit. You will be fine and you will have a great time!

Bermondseygull

Jul 6, 2014
Down by the river
South Africa is my favourite place I have visited, and most of the time I felt very safe. I was working in a hospital in Durban though, and coming from the UK it was pretty crazy to see just how many shootings/stabbings/assaults came through the door each night. Agree with the above as well, everyone has a story to tell about getting mugged. Overall though, some of the friendliest and welcoming people I have ever met, regardless of colour, and I personally did not have any serious incidents. A country I'm thinking seriously of moving back to, despite the knowledge that there are certainly safer places in the world!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not really sure how to answer. Do I feel safe? Yes. Am I aware of the violence? Yes. It is rather strange standing in your garden and you hear gunshots. You hear stories all the time of what happened to so and so but we have been here 11 years and have not had any trouble at all. My brother has been here 35 years and my mother-in-law 40 and they have not had any trouble either. It will be different in the cities, but we all live in rural or semi-rural areas so you get to know they locals and they get to know you. My observation is that if you treat them with respect etc then all is fine - the only people I know that have had trouble are those that do not.

But as you can see from that video, that sort of thing is totally random and if your luck is out then anything can happen. But I could potentially get mugged walking my son to school tomorrow, but I am not going to worry about it.

You should visit. You will be fine and you will have a great time!

Oh I will visit. It's on my list. cheers. :thumbsup:

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I bet you have a huge front gate with electric fencing around your garden and two enormous Rottweilers don't you? Standard out there I believe ?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
South Africa? nah I'd give it a swerve----The Cotswolds for me:cool:-------no wildlife there that might eat you if you know what I mean :moo:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I bet you have a huge front gate with electric fencing around your garden and two enormous Rottweilers don't you? Standard out there I believe ?

You would lose the bet. For 10 years we had a house that you could pretty much walk into, Labradors in the garden, the only difference being that the house alarm was connected to the local armed response. Normal fencing, no barbs or razorwire (or machine gun emplacements). Since we moved and are renting, it is pretty much the same except the wire fence is a bit higher (no barbs or razorwire).

There are many houses like the one you describe though and there are the gated estates too. But we are not all living in our boxes with guns at the ready waiting to get burgled, if that is what you mean.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here