Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rosenior Returns

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Very pleased that (a) he wanted to stay involved and (b) we wanted to keep him involved. He's come across very well in the media in recent times and could be a real asset to the club.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am delighted that he has decided to take his first steps in coaching with us, who knows where it could lead in 10 years time when CH has retired. I am surprised that he hasnt decided to be available as an over age player for the U23 if required or perhaps he has and just not mentioned it.

And run the risk of having to pay a playing contract, insure him as a player (costly business) and utilise one of the over age players that we may need to utilise for players coming back from injury. Your normally one of the people to spot these sort of pitfalls at such suggestions. Your slipping BG , your slipping Sir.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really good news , there's a lot of pictures floating around of players old and new , some stick in my head more than others and this one is certainly locked away in the memory cabinet , top bloke and i wish him every success in his new role .

View attachment 99282

I agree, an absolutely iconic picture, bruised and battle scarred. "Keep your heads up lads, all is not lost yet", although ultimately of course it was, for that particular season anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You also have to factor in ''stability'' in a coaching capacity

If he goes somewhere else the managerial merry go round is such that he could have ended up going somewhere as a No 1 or a No2 and the manager and his assistant are sacked within a few months. There is a 3/4 year stability of Manager at Brighton as it currently stands. Plus he was already doing some coaching last year with us so it probably was an easy decision for him to make once he had been told we wouldn't be offering him a new ''playing contract''

I always thought Leroy Rosenior was treated badly, and enjoyed his punditry on Late Night Kick Off on local SE BBC.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I always thought Leroy Rosenior was treated badly, and enjoyed his punditry on Late Night Kick Off on local SE BBC.

I too enjoyed his punditry.

I never thought he was treated badly though because I have no doubts it would have been explained to him the reason why he never got a new playing deal.

You can't have too many older players in the squad and especially not in the same position ie ; right back both him and Bruno. Both were still playing well but when trying to move up the leagues as we are you gradually need to start bringing in younger replacements and if you have two older players in one position it could conceivably put off newer younger recruits from potentially signing if their path to the first team is blocked.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Me too, and although many will disagree, Leroy also did a good job on the axed BBC version of the Football League Show on a Saturday night, alternating as pundit with the much maligned, (in my view anyway), Steve Claridge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And run the risk of having to pay a playing contract, insure him as a player (costly business) and utilise one of the over age players that we may need to utilise for players coming back from injury. Your normally one of the people to spot these sort of pitfalls at such suggestions. Your slipping BG , your slipping Sir.

I hadnt even considered the possibility of playing for the first team for him as it doesnt exist but also didnt think the insurance etc to register and play for the U23s would be that great so thought that he could offer good grounding for the likes of Molumby Sanders and White by playing with them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
NooBHA;8543810[B said:
]I too enjoyed his punditry.

I never thought he was treated badly though because I have no doubts it would have been explained to him the reason why he never got a new playing deal.
[/B]

You can't have too many older players in the squad and especially not in the same position ie ; right back both him and Bruno. Both were still playing well but when trying to move up the leagues as we are you gradually need to start bringing in younger replacements and if you have two older players in one position it could conceivably put off newer younger recruits from potentially signing if their path to the first team is blocked.

I think that you have confused Liam with his dad Leroy who was a striker at Fulham. It was his dad who was on the TV with Sreve Claridfge.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It was a shame that his peak years weren't with us, but Hull City were the lucky ones and the open letter he wrote to that club's supporters after half a decade there suggests a professional footballer out of the ordinary. He is exactly the sort of person a community-rooted club needs and it is just wonderful that we have him back.

Here's the letter.

Dear Hull City fans,

Due to the wonderful five years that not only myself, but my wife Erica and four children, have experienced while playing for this fantastic club, I feel compelled to write you an open letter to express my extreme gratitude for all of the support and best wishes I have received at this time.

Firstly, I would like to say thank you to you the fans, for the unbelievable support I have received in my time here as a player and I hope I have represented you in a way that would make you rightly be proud of this amazing club. It has been an unbelievable journey!

I would also like to thank the owners, the Allam family, who without, I do not believe this proud club would be in existence if it wasn't for the extreme generosity they have shown, in not only saving the club from extinction but investing heavily in the club and seeing it to promotion, the first FA Cup final in the club's history and the first time in the club's history at reaching European competition.

I would also like to thank my teammates, most of whom I now count as good, good friends, who have worked so hard in the time I have been here to be successful and I know they will all be successful in the future. They are all fantastic people.

There are special people running through the club working so hard behind the scenes who deserve a mention. From all the medical staff, technical/coaching staff and admin staff, through to the kit men and tea ladies, Paula and Jean, I would like to place my pleasure at working with you all on record. Too many to name, you know who you are!

I would also like to apologise to you all at our failure to stay in the Premier League this season.

I can guarantee you that all of the players gave everything and we were inconsolable in relegation and the unbelievable reaction we got after the game, a standing ovation at relegation again, proved to me what a unique, special and unbelievable set of supporters we have at this football club.

You all deserve success and I know in time the club will grow from strength to strength again due to this.

Even in these difficult times the club is still heading in the right direction, the fantastic work that Tony Pennock and his staff have done with the academy in a short space of time, coupled with the high investment in youth by the owners, means that hopefully one day we'll have young players from this area playing and representing this proud club at the highest level.

It was my ambition to assist this process through coaching and management in the distant future but I know it will be a success nevertheless.

I would also like to add that whether the club is called Hull City or Hull Tigers the most important word in this club is HULL, a proud hard-working city that I have had immense pleasure bringing up my children in over the last five years.

The club will always need your support. I hope that as fans you realise you really are the heartbeat of the club and without your continuing fantastic support, the club will not be able to fulfil its unbelievable potential that you all deserve. Everyone needs to pull in the same direction for success!

I wish you all the very best in the future and hope you support the team to promotion next season! Again, I thank you for your tremendous support and I hope our paths cross again in the future.

– LIAM ROSENIOR

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
We really are building something special here with people that get us and understand where we have come from. He will be an excellent additions to the Coaching staff and Bobby as ambassador.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I hadnt even considered the possibility of playing for the first team for him as it doesnt exist but also didnt think the insurance etc to register and play for the U23s would be that great so thought that he could offer good grounding for the likes of Molumby Sanders and White by playing with them.

Even dafter statement.

You don't register to play ''solely'' for U23s.

If someone is ''playing staff'' - They need to be insured against career ending injuries. They are not as small a premium as you may think

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think that you have confused Liam with his dad Leroy who was a striker at Fulham. It was his dad who was on the TV with Sreve Claridfge.

You have quoted the wrong person. I never said he appeared with Steve Claridge - Go back to bed and get up again BG

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Does he even go to bed? I though he was an enigma.

I enjoy BGs posts - I know I am in a minority but I think he talks sense sometimes.

The only times he really talked a wee bit drivel was the left back problem a few years ago and a comment he made after the Gaetan Bong incident. Apart from that I really enjoy his ''banter''

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Even dafter statement.

You don't register to play ''solely'' for U23s.

If someone is ''playing staff'' - They need to be insured against career ending injuries. They are not as small a premium as you may think

I didnt realise that as I thought that it was an individual register for each competition so that some of the U23s would be registered for them and the first team, and some for Youth and U23s I didnt realise that it was a blanket insurance to play for any team in the club, thanks for correcting me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here