Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Morteza Pouraliganji

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Then after that it was the Portuguese Murray that made himself at home in Morteza's pocket.

. Beware though, if you guys ever go through a struggling phase, you can be sure to see loads of "play morteza! " or "idiot manager!" Comments on social media.

First comment - Really funny

Second Comment - I am not amused

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
[tweet]1022765339107577858[/tweet]

It's a shame Naylor also (like so many others on NSC) is peddling this nonsense that we *need* 8 HGP. That's the wrong way around - we're allowed a max of 17 non-HGP, so bringing this guy in would force an existing non-HGP out of the squad. And bringing him in on a free would mean we still have budget to go get new HGP should we feel we need to.

But then, given the source is Daily Mail I'm inclined to take his "no" at face value (for now).

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a shame Naylor also (like so many others on NSC) is peddling this nonsense that we *need* 8 HGP. That's the wrong way around - we're allowed a max of 17 non-HGP, so bringing this guy in would force an existing non-HGP out of the squad. And bringing him in on a free would mean we still have budget to go get new HGP should we feel we need to.

But then, given the source is Daily Mail I'm inclined to take his "no" at face value (for now).

Quite - Skalak & Suttner (he's now 3rd choice LB) clear candidates to be moving out..................

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

HGP is something we look at - The two back up Goalkeepers are now HGP, so that obviously shows that it might be an issue but I see it the other way. Some non HGP will be earmarked to leave so there may be legs in this transfer; however, there can only be a 25 man squad and you also need to be careful that too many players won't be heading off to the Asian Games during the season, so that would count against this transfer. Truth is, none of us know for sure.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Naylor just said no...

[tweet]1022765339107577858[/tweet]
Naylor's source is either the agent - who he just interviewed - or the club. The agent could easily have given an 'emphatic no' if the club had asked him to keep it quiet. The club will have their own tactical reasons for anything they say about transfer business.

In short, who knows ? I wouldn't rule it out.

Although, there is a reasonable chance the mail just made it up.

Last edited:

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
HGP is something we look at - The two back up Goalkeepers are now HGP, so that obviously shows that it might be an issue but I see it the other way. Some non HGP will be earmarked to leave so there may be legs in this transfer; however, there can only be a 25 man squad and you also need to be careful that too many players won't be heading off to the Asian Games during the season, so that would count against this transfer. Truth is, none of us know for sure.

Yeah, agree that it's complicated. Ideally we'd want a full 25 squad, with enough cover to be able to put a strong team on the field at any given time during the season. But we could, if forced, name just 24 (say) with 17 non-HGP and 7 HGP (assuming we can ship out the out of favour HGP's we currently have). Picking up back-up 'keepers who are HGP has helped, as has getting Murray recognised as HGP.

I can see some scenarios where this might have legs, but it depends a lot on exactly what Hughton is planning in terms of formations for this season.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Naylor's source is either the agent - who he just interviewed - or the club. The agent could easily have given an 'emphatic no' if the club had asked him to keep it quiet. The club will have their own tactical reasons for anything they say about transfer business.

In short, who knows ? I wouldn't rule it out.

Although, there is a reasonable chance the mail just made it up.

I can see where you're coming from but the agent wasn't exactly quiet about ARJ, in fact, he was encouraging the media interest with his tweets.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can see where you're coming from but the agent wasn't exactly quiet about ARJ, in fact, he was encouraging the media interest with his tweets.

Didn't really say where he was going though.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We must be keeping it quiet in case LEICESTER want a replacement for McGuire...

:fishing:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Read into this what you like, given Naylor has already said no, but this turkish guy who has 98k followers and looks fairly itk at Trabzonspor (the club Morteza was supposed to sign for) is claiming that we HAVE in fact stepped in.
https://twitter.com/yunusemresel/status/1022754658593525761

Given that this journalist has no need to speculate and name random teams, I would suggest that it shows we are in for him. But the deal is most likely in early stages hence why Naylor was told no.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Given that this journalist has no need to speculate and name random teams, I would suggest that it shows we are in for him. But the deal is most likely in early stages hence why Naylor was told no.

Indeed. The headline in the mail was probably quite misleading, stating that we were poised to sign both him and Arce, when in fact, the Arce deal we referred to by the player himself as '90% advanced', yet the mail article says we were were only talking to Morteza, which indicated a deal is still some way off. And the Turkish journalist stated in no uncertain terms that we were interested , so I reckon there's something significant in this, and not a total fabrication.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Barber will soon need a permanent desk in the FA ork permit office [emoji38]ol:

Areza

Jul 27, 2018
Can I just say how nice it is to have Iranian fans on here to give us some insight and tips on potential signings. Long may you be Albion supporters, I hope you are all planning a visit to the Amex soon.

May I say that I am already looking to buy tickets to come to Amex and support Albion. Its gonna be bit difficult to get a UK visa and travel from Ireland but I will definitely come. Will be ordering my Jersey asap. Go Seagulls.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here