Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Oscar Offered his Resignation?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am a little perplexed by all of this as it appears that Oscar has offered to resign not actually said he is resigning. To me it is a case of him saying " I failed to get promotion so do you want me to go or are we going to have a budget to enable me to try again next season or would you rather I leave and you bring in a new man".

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I am a little perplexed by all of this as it appears that Oscar has offered to resign not actually said he is resigning. To me it is a case of him saying " I failed to get promotion so do you want me to go or are we going to have a budget to enable me to try again next season or would you rather I leave and you bring in a new man".

That pretty well sums it up in my mind. Lets hope Burke feels the same and offers his resignation for the same reasons.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
*use of indisputable fact Klaxon*

The fact that Barber wasn't at the club at the time, will not matter one jot to [MENTION=647]Seagull73[/MENTION] He will STILL consider the situation to be of PB's making.

He hates Barber more than [MENTION=894]Mr Burns[/MENTION] hated Ashley Barnes.

He hates him SO much that the hatred and anger has twisted his mind, much like when Anakin Skywalker turned into Darth Vader.

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014

I think you have hit the nail firmly on the head there and I hope we oblige to oscars budget request and hopefully we will be celebrating automatic promotion on the last day 🙏

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Ward, Stephens and Conway (loan) were excellent signings.
Lita and Andrews should have been similarly good.
Lingard scored some important goals, though flattering to deceive on a fair few occasions.
Rodriguez was desperation after Grabban played with us.
Not sure what Obika was about but you can't get them all right.

The bloke gets such unfounded criticism.

You forgot to mention Agustein and Chickson in this seasons signings neither contributed much to our season, so I make that just Ward as being the really good signing of the season.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Just want an answer from the club so we can move on and build for next season. Really can't be arse in having another episode like last season.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
You forgot to mention Agustein and Chickson in this seasons signings neither contributed much to our season, so I make that just Ward as being the really good signing of the season.

Chickson could turn out to be the signing of the season but lets not allow forward thinking and long term planning get in the way of this thread.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

Forgot the aberration that is Kemy.
Chicksen looks a decent prospect and was signed as such.
Interesting refusal to accept that Stephens looks class.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Ward, Stephens and Conway (loan) were excellent signings.
Lita and Andrews should have been similarly good.
Lingard scored some important goals, though flattering to deceive on a fair few occasions.
Rodriguez was desperation after Grabban played with us.
Not sure what Obika was about but you can't get them all right.

The bloke gets such unfounded criticism.

So a 30% success rate when his job is exclusively to find good players is not worthy of criticism then?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So a 30% success rate when his job is exclusively to find good players is not worthy of criticism then?

3/8 being (what I consider as) excellent is not bad.
Lingard, Andrews and Lita were all okay when they were here.
Rodriguez and Obika cost us nominal money.
Chicksen is a decent prospect.
Only Kemy looks like a huge flop.

Look at Forest and Reading and then tell me he deserves to be criticised.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yes, but we don't want to be signing players in the last minute on deadline day do we?

Well the transfer window doesnt actually open for at least 3 weeks anyway, besides - 1 or 2 days extra will hardly hurt. We played our last game yesterday, you cant just start signing players immediately, you need to plan things through and see what you actually need. Also, the club have to decide who to keep and who to let go, which isnt going to be a quick decision.

Also, most clubs havent finalised their retained lists yet either, which could contain a load of potential new players. There is over 3 month until the transfer window (which isnt even open yet) closes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, but we don't want to be signing players in the last minute on deadline day do we?

What makes you think we will break away from our normal. It is like buying fresh bread from a supermarket at midday it costs the right price 10 mins before closing you may get the same loaf at 10% of the normal price.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
If Oscar offered his resignation, but did not speak to a board member, to whom did he make the offer? And did he offer to go, or say he wants to leave? The story is garbled and confusing but perhaps I'm missing something.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Well the transfer window doesnt actually open for at least 3 weeks anyway, besides - 1 or 2 days extra will hardly hurt. We played our last game yesterday, you cant just start signing players immediately, you need to plan things through and see what you actually need. Also, the club have to decide who to keep and who to let go, which isnt going to be a quick decision.

Also, most clubs havent finalised their retained lists yet either, which could contain a load of potential new players. There is over 3 month until the transfer window (which isnt even open yet) closes.

Burke must have a dossier on all players that suit us and must be prepared for whether we're in the Prem or Championship. I'm hoping the club are straight out the blocks this time unlike last season where we didn't know if we were coming of going. We need to be on the ball this time around and rap up business as soon as possible. We must know our targets because if we don't then Burke might as well leave.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

Who says we need to sign anybody.
If we can actually get everybody fit, it will be like having 7 new signings anyway.

Our squad is fantastic and when fit, good enough for the automatics.

Dec 29, 2011
What makes you think we will break away from our normal. It is like buying fresh bread from a supermarket at midday it costs the right price 10 mins before closing you may get the same loaf at 10% of the normal price.

:facepalm: No it's more like being on a desert island with minimal water supplies, while everyone gets their water from the tank you're having a ****. When you get back there's limited time until death and you have to fight it out for the little water left with 3 other people. Now you're going to have give more coconuts to get the same amount of water as there's less supply.

Clubs who buy on deadline day will, on average, pay a lot more for a player than the ones buying the same quality but earlier on in the transfer window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here