Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for MK Dons.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My thinking is that Stephens has had a few not so good games, although him with Kayal is the best central partnership jn thd division, so rest him. With Sidwell getting a knock last night who to replace him the choice is either Liam or Bruno with Liam at right back and I feel Liam could do the best job defensively thus allowing Kayal to push forward.

Dont mess with the back line man !.......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dont mess with the back line man !.......

That is part if the reason for putting LR in midfield because as was shown last night Bong is the best left back. Reading brought on McLeary and he gave LR a torrid time last night and perhaps should have started with him.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Stockdale*

Bruno*
Rosenior*
Dunk*
Goldson*

Kayal*
Stephens*
Knockaert
Murphy

Hemed
Baldock

Players with a * should definitely start IMO, others I'm not sure what would be best.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
That is part if the reason for putting LR in midfield because as was shown last night Bong is the best left back. Reading brought on McLeary and he gave LR a torrid time last night and perhaps should have started with him.

you watch a different game to me. Ive yet to see anyone give Rosenior a torrid time, hes hardly broken a sweat dealing with wingers since his return to the side he has been that good.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
FWIW, I'd go with:

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Rosenior

Knockhaert
Stephens
Kayal
Murphy

Baldock
Hemed

Considering our other remaining fixtures, it's a 'must win' if we are serious about getting into the autos.

Yup, this line up for me.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I'd go with the same starting line up as last night with the possible exception of Knockaert who might be best starting on the bench as he has not been in great form.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Stockdale
Bruno-Dunk-Goldson-Bong
Rosenior-Stephens-Kayal-Lualua
Hemed-Baldock

My team is all about the combinations: Stockdale-Bruno, Bruno-Rosenior, Dunk-Goldson, Bong-Lualua, Stephens-Kayal, Hemed-Baldock.
These lads just know how the other one think plus we'll be left with game changers on the bench if things don't go how we want.

Management is a piece of piss.

:)

Lush

Mods' Pet
I wouldn't be surprised to see Bong for Rosenior, if only because Rosenior was getting treatment for something during the warm up yesterday and grimacing. Maybe they gave him an injection or summat, but he could probably do with a rest.

I'd also give Murphy or Knockaert a rest for Kaz.

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Stockdale

bruno dunk goldson bong
Rosenoir kayal stevens lua lua

Wilson baldock

Tbh i just love the depth of our squad strong in all most every postion

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Why would we drop any of a back 5 who haven't conceded in 5 games? Only questions for me are will Wilson be fit enough to start 2 games in 5 days? Doubt it so would imagine Hemed will return to the starting 11, and will we see a change on the wings as Knocky has looked off form recently? Maybe Skalak is worth a go to freshen things up but Knockaert does work bloody hard which is valuable away from home.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
I agree that there is no real justification to break up the successful back 4

However I'd be really tempted to go with the Bong Lualua partnership....

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
The team that started against Reading - don't go there and be negative, treat it like a home game, which it should be with the massive support there, in fact it will be a lot noisier!

We need to pick up two away wins from our remaining games, and there isn't a better opportunity then here or Charlton.

Go and attack from the off and throw down a marker for the others!

We keep saying about Tony Bloom being a gambler, well let's see if Chris Hughton is too...

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Only change could be Hemed for Wilson, otherwise same team. No need to rest anyone, certainly not Murphy. There is a 2 week break coming up and yes, I know he is in the Scotland squad, but we need him more than they do. Swap him for KLL at half time once we are 3-0 up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
don't go there and be negative, treat it like a home game
Definitely.

Go and attack from the off and throw down a marker for the others!
I'm not worried about markers, but yes, let's attack from the off.

We keep saying about Tony Bloom being a gambler, well let's see if Chris Hughton is too...
Ah, you've killed my mojo. It would be totally unfair to say he's been really cautious all season, as we've played good attacking football with two up front. But I'm not sure he can be classed as a gambler. I'm still worried he'd rather a point on Saturday than risk losing, and if it comes to it, we should risk losing to give us a chance of winning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here