Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Trump BLIMP over Westminster

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/pol...don-during-mass-protest-against-a3880211.html

trumpbaby.jpg

Sadiq Khan has given his permission for a giant balloon of Donald Trump to be flown over Westminster by protesters during the US President’s official visit to London.

The police and national air traffic service have the final say on whether the unflattering portrayal of the President can take to the skies.

But Mr Khan has described the balloon as a symbol of “peaceful protest”.

The 6m high balloon shows Mr Trump as a giant baby in a nappy and with his trademark blonde hair. Campaigners want him to fly near Parliament on July 13.

A spokesperson for the Mayor of London said: “The Mayor supports the right to peaceful protest and understands that this can take many different forms.

"His city operations team have met with the organisers and have given them permission to use Parliament Square Garden as a grounding point for the blimp.

“However the organisers will also need to receive the necessary approvals from the Metropolitan Police and National Air Traffic Service in order for it to fly.”

Mr Trump and Mr Khan have had an acrimonious relationship ever since the US President rebuked him online over the London Bridge terror attack.

The President is due to visit the UK over the weekend of July 13. It is understood he will go first to the US Ambassador's residence in Regent's Park before having dinner at Blenheim Palace.

During his three-day trip, he will meet with Theresa May at Chequers before joining the Queen at Windsor Castle.

Haven't seen this discussed on here. Glorious satirical right-on protest ? Or a bit puerile and childish ? A bit of both I suppose, I can't really decide, but I'm surprised its been given the go-ahead by the Mayor of London, even if there is no love lost between them.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Ridiculous move by Khan. When you get into a position of authority you need to show responsibility. Yes, Trump is a CJTC, but he is also President of the most powerful nation on earth. We do not need to cowtail to him but we should afford him a modicum of respect, at least in public. As for the Twxxs protesting, get a life you saddos.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Ridiculous move by Khan. When you get into a position of authority you need to show responsibility. Yes, Trump is a CJTC, but he is also President of the most powerful nation on earth. We do not need to cowtail to him but we should afford him a modicum of respect, at least in public. As for the Twxxs protesting, get a life you saddos.

Yeah bloody protestors. Bunch of saddos getting up off their arses and making their voices heard. Get a life, M I RITE!?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Trump's actions, especially those that impact the environment and security, directly affect us whether we like it or not. People have every right to protest this visit.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Absolute bollocks. We are a free nation, with the absolute right to peaceful protest. To suggest otherwise is absurd.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yeah bloody protestors. Bunch of saddos getting up off their arses and making their voices heard. Get a life, M I RITE!?

To achieve absolutely sweet FA. Do something constructive to actually make your target think again, rather than just insult and sneer, leading to you being even further ignored.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
A bit childish, but if triggering a cruel, thin skinned malignant narcissist's rage is your thing then why not ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
People were stockpiling bottles of piss for when he was supposed to visit previously. Thats probably more of a concern. :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Its REALLY pissed off Piers Morgan, so I'm struggling to have a problem with it now.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Absolute bollocks. We are a free nation, with the absolute right to peaceful protest. To suggest otherwise is absurd.

A right to protest, good, brilliant, enshrined in law, absolutely. Now wait for the silly left wing twats rioting cos an idiot comes to town, smashing up shops, injuring policeman and achieving absolutely fxxk all. Protesters that is, not DT, at least not directly.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I think it's hilarious and entirely in keeping with how the President of the United States conducts himself. I'll be protesting his visit on Friday.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Instead of getting of their arses and protesting against the visit of Trump why not get of their arse and get a job

I obviously missed the part of the story that explained how all those behind this protest were unemployed :shrug:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A right to protest, good, brilliant, enshrined in law, absolutely. Now wait for the silly left wing twats rioting cos an idiot comes to town, smashing up shops, injuring policeman and achieving absolutely fxxk all. Protesters that is, not DT, at least not directly.

I'm sorry. You seem to now be arguing an entirely different subject altogether.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm sorry. You seem to now be arguing an entirely different subject altogether.

Do drop the whataboutery. Those planning to protest should use their imagination to do something better than allowing their displeasure to be hijacked by serial anarchists, which is exactly what will happen.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Anyone going to be at the protest and fancy forming a 'Seagulls Bloc'?

(I will be there a bit later in the day on account of my job)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here