Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More banners today, is this getting out of hand?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Surely now we have shown these things up for what they have become - it's time to ban them. Why in God's name is an Arsenal player posting a shirt to this kid? Fear of being outed in local or social media?

Come on Paul Barber - let's make a stand.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This is massively unfair to those of us in the upper tiers.

How on earth are we expected to catch the eye of opposing players so we can get our hands on their shirts?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
This is a a cringing act of begging but to beg for the oppositions shirts... Proper tinpot and does reflect on the club.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
No more shirts to be given to anyone asking with shitty signs. If players want to give shirts throw them to random kid in crowd but not anyone asking!!!

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
I have emailed jex roofing in Worthing, we have a leaking roof and my 8 year is very sad!! It would make his year if it could be fixed for free, hey if u don't ask u don't get.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Surely now we have shown these things up for what they have become - it's time to ban them. Why in God's name is an Arsenal player posting a shirt to this kid? Fear of being outed in local or social media?

Come on Paul Barber - let's make a stand.

No, he mustn't do anything that looks like he's taking a stand against his club's "customers".

Green Gull

Feb 25, 2018
I wonder if we'll see any "can I have your shirt" signs at Selhurst Park tonight?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
So in April 2017, the kid is an AK fan - and his Dad uses the media to extort a shirt.

In Dec he's an Arsenal fan all his life and tries to get a shirt out of Arsene Wenger (see tweet)

And in March he's at the Amex guilting Orangatang out of a shirt.

Great parenting there. What an absolute wanker. #GetLucaTheShirt? Nope - #BanTheFather from the Amex!!

View attachment 94868

Spot on. I feel sorry for the young lad who’s probably been exploited in all of this. Dad’s unequivocally stated that his son has been an Arsenal fan since birth. Not Arsenal and Albion, just Arsenal. So he’s not an Albion fan. Dad’s therefore “blagged” a shirt from Knocky (see post #72) which could have been gifted to a real Albion fan or been donated to a worthier cause. In the remote hope that dad reads NSC, and this thread in particular, if he has any scruples he should donate Knocky's shirt to AITC so they can auction it for charity. He'll know it’s the right thing to do.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Dont know how to embed tweets, but the kid has previous. this is an rather embrassing tweet from his dad:

https://twitter.com/jexroofing/status/858403959970693120

The 3 Dec 2017 tweet from his Dad's Twitter:
"...Luca has been an Arsenal fan since birth! We wondered if you wanted to make his Christmas by allowing him to walk out with the Arsenal team at this match? Understand if this is not a possibility but if we don't ask for him, his dream wouldn't have the chance to come true! Fingers crossed!!"

This was important enough to tweet directly to Ozil, Sanchez, Walcott, Welbeck, Ramsey, Bellerin, etc.

Despite the liberties taken, there's essentially no problem with any of that as long as, with Luca's dad identifying him as an Arsenal supporter 'from birth', sitting in the away end was made compulsory on Sunday. He could have held up as many signs for Arsenal shirts as he wanted there. Arsenal supporter - Arsenal shirt.

But not in the home end. And not with the home supporters.

If he sits there, he doesn't make any outward sign of supporting the opposition. He's quiet and watches the game.

And definitely doesn't advertise any allegiances elsewhere with requests for shirts.

It gets worse with Dad's earlier tweet of 12 August 2017:
"Help needed seriously sad 7 yr old whom didn't receive Knockearts match day shirt as promised." (directly sent to AK as well as the club)
The hashtag #getlucatheshirt was also used along with the ever-so-slightly-entitled question, 'I wonder if knockeart will fulfill that promise today?'

Why would Dad want Luca - 'an Arsenal fan from birth' - to have AK's shirt? He doesn't support the Albion.

That's more than a little disingenuous. And quite why AK and the Albion are expected to acceede to a demand like that is anyone's guess.

There are doubtless plenty of other Albion-supporting kids out there who would treasure it far more. Perhaps your son or daughter.

Returning the shirt would seem appropriate at the very least.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The 3 Dec 2017 tweet from his Dad's Twitter:
"...Luca has been an Arsenal fan since birth! We wondered if you wanted to make his Christmas by allowing him to walk out with the Arsenal team at this match? Understand if this is not a possibility but if we don't ask for him, his dream wouldn't have the chance to come true! Fingers crossed!!"

This was important enough to tweet directly to Ozil, Sanchez, Walcott, Welbeck, Ramsey, Bellerin, etc.

Despite the liberties taken, there's essentially no problem with any of that as long as, with Luca's dad identifying him as an Arsenal supporter 'from birth', sitting in the away end was made compulsory on Sunday. He could have held up as many signs for Arsenal shirts as he wanted there. Arsenal supporter - Arsenal shirt.

But not in the home end. And not with the home supporters.

If he sits there, he doesn't make any outward sign of supporting the opposition. He's quiet and watches the game.

And definitely doesn't advertise any allegiances elsewhere with requests for shirts.

It gets worse with Dad's earlier tweet of 12 August 2017:
"Help needed seriously sad 7 yr old whom didn't receive Knockearts match day shirt as promised." (directly sent to AK as well as the club)
The hashtag #getlucatheshirt was also used along with the ever-so-slightly-entitled question, 'I wonder if knockeart will fulfill that promise today?'

Why would Dad want Luca - 'an Arsenal fan from birth' - to have AK's shirt? He doesn't support the Albion.

That's more than a little disingenuous. And quite why AK and the Albion are expected to acceede to a demand like that is anyone's guess.

There are doubtless plenty of other Albion-supporting kids out there who would treasure it far more. Perhaps your son or daughter.

Returning the shirt would seem appropriate at the very least.

This bloke deserves to be Jamied.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
This bloke deserves to be Jamied.

That thought did run through my mind too. A genuine Jamie candidate has been long overdue.

Can't find the link to the original thread, but for those not ITK, it was arguably NSC's finest act of collective retributive justice. And hilarious.

el punal

This is not an Albion issue though (despite what some Palace twunts will have you believe on Twitter). It's happening at every single ground now. At Liverpool, at Arsenal, Old Trafford, and yes, even Palace.

It is a bit crap, however you look at it. The first time somebody did it, I guess it was a bit cheeky, quite funny. Now it's just stupid, there's almost an expectation that shirts are going to be given away. I think if I was a player, I'd be tempted to give my shirt to the kid sitting quietly several seats along from the one with the sign. Just to make a point.

I know they're only kids, but come on.

Yes, I agree with everything you've said, but any chance that Shane Duffy could convert one of his "hell yeah" headers with his rolled up shirt in to the vicinity of D Block WSU. I will be sitting quietly and patiently in anticipation. Thank you very much.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here