Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Barnes 18-19 Season

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
We need young, quick, skillful, talented, exciting signings - not old has-beens.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
We are going to have to offload Hemed soon, or we will not have anyone we might want to bring back in two or three seasons time.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As I type I can hear Mike Trusson going through his loft, looking for a pair of boots.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
So signing Murray was a mistake - really???

We missed out on one goal in the season Zamora played, scored one of the best team goals I have seen at the Amex , added a lot to the team.

If we CAN get better than Leo let's do it but don't just dismiss him as he is an ex-player as the above two cases has shown it can work. I would actually prefer Barnes , not because he will score a lot of goals (cause he won't) but because of the different style of play we will bring to the team. Much more bite and physical strength which will worry opposition defenders. he will also strengthen our mid-field and give us options around not playing wingers.

A quick look at the PL goal scorers lists shows you that there aren't many goals out there so don't expect (though I would like) any new signing to chip in 10 goals between now and end of season.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I’m still hoping Mark Farrington will return one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We’ll never pry Ashley Barnes away from his lucrative, never gonna play him, but we desperately need home grown players, contract at Chelsea

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe. Fans drove him away though.
Only a small, loud bunch of know-nothing Amex-era muppets. If they drove him away at all, that is. He's WAY better than that, and more than belligerent enough to see them off. Strongly suspect it was far more to do with Burnley offering the proper going rate for strikers and the player doing the best for his family. Top man is Ashley :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lolol: now that would be hilarious

It would be other than the fact it would cause the impossible to happen.

That being NSC will become even more obsessed with Barnes.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would be other than the fact it would cause the impossible to happen.

That being NSC will become even more obsessed with Barnes.
Sadly, if he signs, the then inevitable winner at Selhurst would cause NSC to break.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here