Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - with Spoilers - discussion thread

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Saw it yesterday, very good. Only criticism was film makers have over done the greatest hits theme (spectre and terminator) and bb8 had a touch of scrappy do about him. Still, nowhere near as annoying as jar jar Binks and in a different league to the prequels. Sensibly made a film about the new breed also - a film centred on the old mob would have had the feel of a veterans football match.

Best 12 quid I've spent in a while.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I loved BB8, how they got that much personality into a metal ball is amazing.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think Rey is Luke's daughter and he sensed she was powerful but leaned to the dark so he dumped her on a remote planet so she couldn't learn the ways of the force. She will turn to the dark side. Luke did not look happy to see her.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'll take that bet. Bit odd that Leia didn't realise she had a daughter too.

Well, see, I got the impression that both Han and Leia knew as well and they were hiding it from her.

My theory, patchy as it is, is this: Rey was also a student at Luke's Jedi school thing alongside Kylo Ren. Snoke, was an older pupil there as well. He fell to the dark side, kidnapped Kylo Ren and it was Han, Leia and Luke who whisked Rey off to Jakku to be safe.

Its heavily implied in the film that it was Kylo Ren who destroyed Luke's school but I think it was Snoke.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why does she have to me anyones daughter? Part of what ruined the prequels was Lucas trying tie everything together.

Anakin building C3P0 being a prime example :facepalm:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
I think Rey is Luke's daughter and he sensed she was powerful but leaned to the dark so he dumped her on a remote planet so she couldn't learn the ways of the force. She will turn to the dark side. Luke did not look happy to see her.

That'd be a good twist.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Snoke, was an older pupil there as well.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-11-biggest-differences-between-the-book-and-movie-v-1749329046

Supreme Leader Snoke is a whacking great mystery throughout The Force Awakens. Who is he? Where did he come from? Is he a Sith? Is he really that big, or is he holocommunicating with some major compensation issues?

The novelization doesn’t answer all of those questions, but it gives some insight into Snoke by revealing that he’s been working behind the scenes for quite some time, even during the Original Trilogy.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

She did seem to get very angry with Ren and seemed to be trying to kill him. At that point I was wondering if they were going to really go for a loop and have her be the bad guy, and him return to the light to be the hero that stops her.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-11-biggest-differences-between-the-book-and-movie-v-1749329046

Supreme Leader Snoke is a whacking great mystery throughout The Force Awakens. Who is he? Where did he come from? Is he a Sith? Is he really that big, or is he holocommunicating with some major compensation issues?

The novelization doesn’t answer all of those questions, but it gives some insight into Snoke by revealing that he’s been working behind the scenes for quite some time, even during the Original Trilogy.

Balls. That's my theory mostly natched.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well, see, I got the impression that both Han and Leia knew as well and they were hiding it from her.
No. Hans goes to his death, and doesn't get to say anything meaningful to his daughter. She then watches her dad die, and faces her brother, and Leia still decides not to tell her, but to send her to Luke. No, that would be shit.

She told Han about Luke asked Han if he knew him. He said yeah, I knew him. If he and Leia were hiding something from her, it would make more sense that they were hiding the fact that Luke was her father, as it's for Luke to tell her.

Why does she have to me anyones daughter?
All women are Bladders, that's how it works.
Part of what ruined the prequels was Lucas trying tie everything together.

Anakin building C3P0 being a prime example :facepalm:
C3PO is a good example, but that's not compatible to someone who has exceptionally high force powers.

True @Bladders. She could just be a brand new powerful Jedi. There were enough of them at one time.
The Jedi in the previous films needed a lot of training from a young age to be powerful, the offspring of another Jedi are a different matter. There aren't any previous of examples of someone that powerful without good reason.

She did seem to get very angry with Ren and seemed to be trying to kill him. At that point I was wondering if they were going to really go for a loop and have her be the bad guy, and him return to the light to be the hero that stops her.
Were you high when you watched it?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
OR

Luke was right into being a proper Jedi straight after ROTJ. So absolutely no ****ing about with rebelgroupies/golddiggers. But the temptation was intense, and being a community minded sort of fellow so he relieved the tension by visiting a jizzbank in Coruscant under an assumed name.

Bob's yer uncle. A few years later some random couple make a withdrawal, completely unaware that the seed they've loaded the turkeybaster with is absolutely chock full of midichlorians.

Edit - actually that would work better with Obi-WAN-Kenobi

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
OR

Luke was right into being a proper Jedi straight after ROTJ. So absolutely no ****ing about with rebelgroupies/golddiggers. But the temptation was intense, and being a community minded sort of fellow so he relieved the tension by visiting a jizzbank in Coruscant under an assumed name.

Bob's yer uncle. A few years later some random couple make a withdrawal, completely unaware that the seed they've loaded the turkeybaster with is absolutely chock full of midichlorians.

Edit - actually that would work better with Obi-WAN-Kenobi

Like it. I reckon in the directors cut of ROTJ we will see the scene with Yoda

'Difficult to see the future is, the Jedi must survive. Crack one out in this pot Luke you must, there is a magazine in the cupboard with jabbas dancers in stormtrooper outfits if you need some inpiration'

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Have a feeling Snoke is...................................

Darth Plagueis.

His mashed up head looked like he's been through some violent shit.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This idea that only decedents of a Skywalker can be THAT powerful with the force is just plain wrong.

Sideous was more powerful that Vader, as was Yoda for a start.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
My money is on Rey being Kylo Ren's sister. There was something about their scenes together, made me see some connection between the characters
This is what I've been thinking also (assuming she's not a clone of Palpatine). I reckon she had a guardian or similar on Jakku who left her there, rather than Han or Leia.

Have a feeling Snoke is...................................

Darth Plagueis.

His mashed up head looked like he's been through some violent shit.
I like that but think it might rely on too much background knowledge to be workable - if it's any previous character I reckon it's a mashed up Darth Sidious.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I'm not buying this Sister lark of Ben Solo.

In the EU Ben (known as Jacen in the EU) did have a twin sister[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif], Jaina Solo, who was a Jedi Master but no way Rey and Kylo are the same age, and not even sure how Leia and Solo conveniently forgot they had a daughter.

Han and Leia desperately want their murdering son back but were happy to dump his sister on Jakku?

Nah, not for me.
[/FONT]

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This is what I've been thinking also (assuming she's not a clone of Palpatine). I reckon she had a guardian or similar on Jakku who left her there, rather than Han or Leia.

I like that but think it might rely on too much background knowledge to be workable - if it's any previous character I reckon it's a mashed up Darth Sidious.

Well all those star destroyers in the sand on Jakku were from the Battle of Jakku, which took place not long after the Battle of Endor. That wasn't explained in the film at all.

Plagueis has been mentioned in some depth in Revenge of the Sith, and with two more films to come that can be fleshed out a bit.

The hologram didn't resemble Sidious at all imo, in look or mannerisms.

If you search online images of Plagueis they much more resemble the look of Snoke.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here