Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you like Albion quizzes, I've just uploaded some on Sporcle.....

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
New quiz up - pretty tough one, I have to say: how many of the 53 players who turned out for the Albion at the Priestfield Stadium 1997-1999 can you name? I think anything above half marks is indicative of an excellent recollection of some long-forgotten names......

http://www.sporcle.com/games/tinycowboy/brighton-and-hove-albion-players-at-priestfield

Blimey that was tough.

I got 25 and also missed out a couple of really obvious ones. It did bring back memories of Champ Man 98 though which can't be a bad thing.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Blimey that was tough.

I got 25 and also missed out a couple of really obvious ones. It did bring back memories of Champ Man 98 though which can't be a bad thing.

When I wrote the quiz, I was amazed at the number of players I had completely forgotten. We'll be saying the same about Obika, Rodriguez and Lita in the not-too-distant future. There's a Withdean players quiz on Sporcle too - takes ages as there are about 181 answers. I played it then became a little obsessive about getting all 181. Best I've done so far is 170. I'm trying to leave it alone now after about 10 plays. I've added a 54th player to the Priestfield quiz now - thanks to [MENTION=1131]Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo[/MENTION]....

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
41/45 - should have been 43/45 but it didn't like the (correct) spelling of one striker in the early-mid 90s
Thanks for doing them anyway :)

Oops - I included eight different ways that people might have spelled his name, but ironically didn't include just his surname. Sorry about that. If you'd typed in his first name as well as the correctly spelled surname, it would have been OK. Just the surname spelled correctly wouldn't have worked, although his surname incorrectly spelled by itself probably would have. I've fixed this now. Consider yourself having achieved 43/45...:clap2:

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
42/45 - Missed out on 91/92, 05/06 and - annoyingly - 12/13.

Excellent brain-frying.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
12/13 seems surprising, with hindsight, maybe more so than 1997/98 and 2014/15. Or maybe I'm being unfair - it's just hard to remember him banging in that many goals.

97/98 I remember. In fact, I believe that the person who comes up as the answer was joint top scorer. Stand to be correct though.

Not getting 14/15 - forgettable season though it was - would have been unforgivable.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Excellent as ever [MENTION=12196]tinycowboy[/MENTION].

There must be something in Gary Hart's DNA which means I ALWAYS forget him in these things. It's shameful.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here