Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knockaert moving ....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He wasn't though was he. What a ridiculous statement.

1) Wasn't done for speeding

2) Would have probably have been done in Germany for driving like that.
Driving like what? Perhaps there's some evidence of him driving really badly, in which case, ok, fair enough (etc). All I know so far is that he was doing 110 in a 70.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Firstly, he's a complete knob and probably realizes that now.

However, there does appear to be some holes in the info, possible in the actual facts or possible in the dire reporting.

Nowhere does it state what speed he was actually doing yet many are banging on about him doing over 40mph above the limit. The article only states that it was the Police that drove at 110mph to catch him up! If they were waiting at the side of the road then of course they are going to have to drive faster to catch him up!

Find it odd that they were not able to record his speed as I thought all traffic cops had cars with equipment in them to identify the speed plus dash cams to record and provide evidence of the manner of driving. Not like the old days with a radar gun. It seems he was convicted purely on the manner of his driving, ie tailgating. For all we know he might have been doing 85mph. Still breaking the law but hardly excessive.

As for the club, I would very much suspect they are dealing with this and no doubt the player liaison officer is involved. I would hardly expect the club to broadcast how they deal with matter internally!

The other thing is that it was described as a police chase which I would understand is when someone tries to evade the Police. Doesn't sound like this was actually the case.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Driving like what? Perhaps there's some evidence of him driving really badly, in which case, ok, fair enough (etc). All I know so far is that he was doing 110 in a 70.

Afraid you don't know that. All you know is that is how fast the Police drove to catch up with him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Afraid you don't know that. All you know is that is how fast the Police drove to catch up with him.
Fair point, he may have been doing less than 110. So what evidence are people using, apart from the fact that he was speeding? Doing over 100 would count as undue care and attention from the police, so is there anything showing it was more than that?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Firstly, he's a complete knob and probably realizes that now.

However, there does appear to be some holes in the info, possible in the actual facts or possible in the dire reporting.

Nowhere does it state what speed he was actually doing yet many are banging on about him doing over 40mph above the limit. The article only states that it was the Police that drove at 110mph to catch him up! If they were waiting at the side of the road then of course they are going to have to drive faster to catch him up!

Find it odd that they were not able to record his speed as I thought all traffic cops had cars with equipment in them to identify the speed plus dash cams to record and provide evidence of the manner of driving. Not like the old days with a radar gun. It seems he was convicted purely on the manner of his driving, ie tailgating. For all we know he might have been doing 85mph. Still breaking the law but hardly excessive.

As for the club, I would very much suspect they are dealing with this and no doubt the player liaison officer is involved. I would hardly expect the club to broadcast how they deal with matter internally!

The other thing is that it was described as a police chase which I would understand is when someone tries to evade the Police. Doesn't sound like this was actually the case.

The article actually says, if I am reading correctly (as you say reporting is a bit crap), that the police were unable to reduce the distance between them and his car, despite the police reaching speeds of 110mph, which implies AK was driving at a similar speed:

"The police reached a speed of 110mph as they were trying to catch the black car," said Mr Day.

"They were unable to reduce the distance between them."

They article says he "was clocked cruising on the A27 between the Hove and Shoreham junction 40mph above the speed limit".

The article implies, but does not say, he could only be caught once traffic had slowed him down.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Fair point, he may have been doing less than 110. So what evidence are people using, apart from the fact that he was speeding? Doing over 100 would count as undue care and attention from the police, so is there anything showing it was more than that?

The article says he was "weaving through the road and using excessive speed and tailgating".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The article actually says, if I am reading correctly (as you say reporting is a bit crap), that the police were unable to reduce the distance between them and his car, despite the police reaching speeds of 110mph, which implies AK was driving at a similar speed:
Well the prosecutor said that. Maybe they were reducing the distance, but not quickly :shrug:

It's difficult to tell how bad it was from the report. But driving at 110 isn't always bad IMO.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The article says he was "weaving through the road and using excessive speed and tailgating".
Could you give me the minimum definition of 'weaving' please?
Obviously going 100 is excessive, but not necessarily risking life.

I guess I'm the only one here who's ever been speeding (a confession, not a brag, for those too stupid to tell).

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes, I notice some of those who suggested we get rid after his sending off have the knives out again

It's with remarkable consistency that the same old dick heads who have been calling him for to be axed because he's not 'PL quality' are the ones with the knives out in this thread with the odd exception.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Could you give me the minimum definition of 'weaving' please?
Obviously going 100 is excessive, but not necessarily risking life.

I guess I'm the only one here who's ever been speeding (a confession, not a brag, for those too stupid to tell).

I'm just relaying what the article says, since you asked if there was anything more than speeding. I haven't offered any opinion as to the rights or wrongs of it.

The reporting is not clear, but the image weaving draws up in my mind is manoeuvring between cars to overtake, which implies undertaking. There's no specific law against undertaking itself, but it can become dangerous/careless driving.

Tailgating was also mentioned, which is illegal.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's with remarkable consistency that the same old dick heads who have been calling him for to be axed because he's not 'PL quality' are the ones with the knives out in this thread with the odd exception.

He is one of the most exciting players I've seen play for the Albion.

Doesn't make him any less of a knob for driving like that.

In my ideal world he'd receive a ban from driving, be exposed to the consequences of driving like that and score a hattrick on the first day of the season.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
He is one of the most exciting players I've seen play for the Albion.

Doesn't make him any less of a knob for driving like that.

In my ideal world he'd receive a ban from driving, be exposed to the consequences of driving like that and score a hattrick on the first day of the season.

Fair enough. What are you going to do, campaign for a harsher sentence? Surely your gripe is with the legal system.

Otherwise you're just going to have to move past this and support the bloke. Superstar footballer acts like a dick and speeds in his (not so) supercar - hardly a first is it.

I seem to recall fairly recently James Rodriguez refusing to stop for police and doing something like 130mph (double the speed limit) and getting away with just a pitiful fine because he claimed fear of being kidknapped (also late for training by the way). At least AK has admitted guilt and not conjured up some bullshit like that.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here