Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goal line Technology - North goal line camera

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
:lolol:
Watch it back, is all I'll say.

Have done afterwards, watch Martials feet, got the wrong side of Knockaert and made contact.

Not seen anything to think otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have done afterwards, watch Martials feet, got the wrong side of Knockaert and made contact.

Not seen anything to think otherwise

Watched a replay after and thought bit soft, THEN, there’s one angle which really does nail it as a penalty for me - I actually think he’s fouled twice. Other end and that’s given.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Never a penalty for me. Contact minimal :)

Whilst I agree, as usual it’s the inconsistency that frustrates, a few minutes after the incident Groß put his hand on Mata’s shoulder and he flopped to the floor, Neville said correct decision for a free kick but he wasn’t having Knocky’s penalty shout. I know they’re different fouls but they were both equally weak in my opinion.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Never a penalty for me. Contact minimal :)

Was never a pen. Doesn't matter about the refs performance, he simply would not have been able to give the goal, no way could he have known for sure it was over the line, linos never help in these circs.

An inch is always enough for me !

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
A couple of ManU players immediately tried to intimidate the ref, as they expertly do, that it didn't cross the line .... but soon shut the **** up.

I think to be fair to them, they went up to the ref to ask why/what?, and he simply pointed at his watch - then the couple of players who had gone up to him pointed at where their watches would have been to the other players to show them why the decision was made. I don't think there was any real argument or attempt at intimidation. And that's where something like goal-line technology wins out over the still fairly subjective rulings of VAR. It was either over the line or it wasn't - and players seem fairly happy to accept it. I can't imagine that ever having been given as a goal without the technology, and we'd be spending all day today arguing about it!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Nope, contact was made after Lingard got his shot away, no penalty.

Not enough contact for AK to get a penalty either

Ref got both right imo

What about that pen against us at Derby. Cross was made before Dunk clattered the guy and pen was given. Pundits all thought that was a fine decision. Haven't seen such a decision since. Have the rules changed or are pundits all just twats I wonder....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What about that pen against us at Derby. Cross was made before Dunk clattered the guy and pen was given. Pundits all thought that was a fine decision. Haven't seen such a decision since. Have the rules changed or are pundits all just twats I wonder....

When I read [MENTION=19]Icy Gull[/MENTION]'s post I thought of exactly the same incident (but it was Greer's challenge, not Dunk's).

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I think to be fair to them, they went up to the ref to ask why/what?, and he simply pointed at his watch - then the couple of players who had gone up to him pointed at where their watches would have been to the other players to show them why the decision was made. I don't think there was any real argument or attempt at intimidation. And that's where something like goal-line technology wins out over the still fairly subjective rulings of VAR. It was either over the line or it wasn't - and players seem fairly happy to accept it. I can't imagine that ever having been given as a goal without the technology, and we'd be spending all day today arguing about it!

exactly - look at Rojo in the highlights. He goes up to the ref to ask why the goal has been given, ref points to his watch, Rojo just shrugs 'oh well'

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Screenshot_20170728-180443.png

These are the real heroes....this is a picture my son took of them testing it pre-season in the North end.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Too happy to argue, so the only thing I'll say is that if you give that one, you will end up giving four penalties a game most of the time.
Rather like that Zaha one against Watford.

Never argue with you TSB, I enjoy your posts too much.

Just don’t agree...... [emoji2]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here