Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New shirt has arrived

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wow. Home shirt looks shocking - it looks like a primary school project.

Hope anyone who has ordered one sends it back and is credited with a full refund.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
would like to support club financially without looking a bit of a cock. will acetone take off logo?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well my view isn't worth anything, since the last shirt I had was a bukta in the 70s ! However, I do observe and this years effort is up there in awfulness with that Argentina rubbish. It's that iron on awful logo. Christ that requires a revamp. I can only wonder that the brand gurus at Amex aren't used to having to deal with clothing beyond a plastic id badge produced for a leadership bonding paint balling brain dump session in the back end of nowhere.

I'm sure it will shift loads.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Mine arrived today and the logo does indeed look a bit shit.

I wonder if they would have been better off using the logo from the back of the shirt on the front and vice versa.

adamahe2.jpg

A far too sensible idea! Go and have a strong word with yourself!!

snips

Jul 22, 2014
just looked at the new west brom kit made by ADIDAS , now that would of been nice! its obvious that the NIKE kit has just been rushed its a simple as that. from looking at all the other new NIKE kits there are plenty of options on how to put a sponsor on the front its not rocket science !!!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
just looked at the new west brom kit made by ADIDAS , now that would of been nice! its obvious that the NIKE kit has just been rushed its a simple as that. from looking at all the other new NIKE kits there are plenty of options on how to put a sponsor on the front its not rocket science !!!

It's not solely Nike's decision. Amex has brand guidelines.

However, as I've said before, if the club had shown shirts to a focus group at the early stages, and everyone complained about the cheap Amex logo (which, let's face it, isn't good for American Express), I'm sure the club could have lobbied the Amex brand guardians for a solution.

And if anyone thinks that's unlikely, consider that a) this is Amex's first football shirt sponsorship so the problem has probably never been brought to the table and b) Amex have special guidelines created for stitching on polo shirts...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
would like to support club financially without looking a bit of a cock. will acetone take off logo?

Acetone will probably dissolve the whole shirt leaving the logo intact. I managed to get acetone on my car's paintwork and alloy wheel (both lacquered) and it instantly turned the finish a cloudy, opaque white.

Not sure if you are joking or not. If you are, I've been caught.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I did. I have it in my cupboard, and I had the 'skint' black and red one. However, it doesn't have a cheap and nasty transfer on the front. Which is what my problem is with, not the colours.

When the first Green & Black shirt came out, because Errea were in a hurry to get them ordered it had the same style iron on logo as the current Nike kits.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
And if anyone thinks that's unlikely, consider that a) this is Amex's first football shirt sponsorship so the problem has probably never been brought to the table and b) Amex have special guidelines created for stitching on polo shirts...

Though it's Amex's second year as a football shirt sponsor, last seasons representation of their logo was a doozy, spot on colours, perfectly integrated into the shirt. I'm surprised they didn't manage to come up with a better way of doing it on this shirt, a blue patch with white Amex logo, or maybe just a (blue) key line around the white patch version maybe.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Went to the shop after work today to pick up my preordered away top. Shop interesting - seems a lot less stuff generally which is not a bad thing - the old version of the store seemed to have too many islands of random goods meaning the match day queues had to snake all around, and also if you wanted to browse anything on those islands sometimes it was tricky getting to them. Hopefully the new layout will help the queue / shopping experience a bit.

The entrance and exit has swapped sides and the tills (more of them, which should also help with queues) run along the window, which seems to have all the sun's heat absorbed/reflected by the large JFC picture outside.

For those concerned over the sizing, I found the Nike XXL fairly equivalent to the Errea XXXL and maybe even a bit roomier...I prefer a nice baggy one so that I can wear layers underneath for the chilly winter matches etc. I think I saw a comment somewhere that the sizing was a bit smaller than Errea but I've found it to be the opposite.

They had a nice solid blue training top (with individual American Express letters as seen on the goalie tops) which I weakened and bought ready for hols as it seemed perfect for that.

Back to the tops themselves I thought they all looked nicer in the flesh. Saw them on the players at Lewes but good to see the retail version properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here