Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] £6 million Bid for Aden Flint Rejected

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I think that we should be in.... like Flint....

Or has someone done that already?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hmmm, I thought he was exposed in the Chelsea game. Our defensive strategy makes both him and Duffy appear to better than they are, except when defending set pieces where they are dreadful.

Fair comment, although being exposed by an on form Chelsea/City and to a lesser extent Liverpool is hardly a black mark against his name.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I assumed the Flint bid was in order to send Goldson on loan but continue to play 3 central defenders.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just don't delete part of the quote when it comes up! You managed it fine this time.

I have just done exactly the same not deleted anything, I dont understand why this happens.

PS just edited and checked it is ok I think that somebody has adjusted the settings without my knowledge.:)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't see the logic in Goldson going on loan when he is on the verge of the first team, especially if we want to try the 3 at the back again. That would be like sending Izquierdo or Hemed out on loan atm.
The differences are that we weren't rotating our centre backs, and Goldson is young and had been out for a while and needed game time, whereas we rotated our strikers and wingers, and also bring them on as subs. Things may have changed however since Goldson's recent good performances, and Duffy's drop in form.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We have 4.

With 1 wanting to go out to loan to get regular games, which we cant guarantee to give him. The logical answer is sign Flint and give them Goldson on loan for this season as part of the deal. We get a more experienced player they get a replacement who is capable at that level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here