Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ultimate REFERENDUM thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought you'd be capable of a better argument than that, HT

It was meant as a joke, please see the text in the post which I highlighted....and the smiley. It might not be the greatest humour but it certainly wasn't intended as an arguement

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
What points can't the in camp answer? Also it is not nearly 350m a week.

https://next.ft.com/content/202a60c0-cfd8-11e5-831d-09f7778e7377

I see it's £350 million a day, before the rebate, so the UK actually pays just under £250 million a week.. an astonishing amount of money that I'm not convinced is well spent by Europe. All I see is a body that makes unnecessary laws, taking power away from our democratically elected Parliament. I see a body that pays bloated salaries to fat cats who don't do a huge amount of work to justify it.

A trading agreement? Brilliant. Im in 100%. Makes total sense. But why should we let Europe make laws that bypass UK law? Are we not capable of that ourselves? Why should we let them insist on free movement into Britain? Not against migration into the UK at all, but why shouldn't we be able to say 'yes' to tradespeople that fill a shortage, Doctors, Nurses, skilled workers etc, why have an open door policy to absolutely everyone? I've not seen one decent argument to any of these points from the inners,

Please God convince me I'm wrong, otherwise I think it makes sense to break from the EU, make our own laws and control who comes in, all the while saving £250 million a week.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Message for 5ways. Get ready to buy that palace season ticket.I take it you remember you said you'll buy one If Turkey join the EU. It wouldn't happen you said. Well as Del boy once said brace yourself.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
Losing an argument so resort to unpleasantries. Excellent work.

this coming from hitler himself:lolol:

unpleasantries :nono: it was used as tongue in cheek you din. . and how the f*ck can i be losing an argument when all i have done is to point out some of the hidden truth's within the EU itself. there is not a single argument that outweigh's the truth..

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Message for 5ways. Get ready to buy that palace season ticket.I take it you remember you said you'll buy one If Turkey join the EU. It wouldn't happen you said. Well as Del boy once said brace yourself.

Turkey applied to join the EU nearly 30 years ago and progress ebbs and flows. There was talk of things speeding up as part of agreements to deal with the refugee problem but right now the appetite is going in the opposite direction. The Daily Mail likes to big it up a bit but (and apologies if I'm wrong) it currently seems very unlikely that anything will happen soon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

unpleasantries :nono: it was used as tongue in cheek you din. . and how the f*ck can i be losing an argument when all i have done is to point out some of the hidden truth's within the EU itself. there is not a single argument that outweigh's the truth..

"brain dead moron" - just a bit of banter eh?

D

Deleted member 22389

Watching these European leaders roll up for this summit on the news. Looks like bloody Hollywood not a discussion on the migrant crisis. They should all be ashamed of themselves. That's your money paying for this red carpet treatment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Lord Haw Haw is better, Hitler just shows a lack of wit.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Turkey applied to join the EU nearly 30 years ago and progress ebbs and flows. There was talk of things speeding up as part of agreements to deal with the refugee problem but right now the appetite is going in the opposite direction. The Daily Mail likes to big it up a bit but (and apologies if I'm wrong) it currently seems very unlikely that anything will happen soon.

Did you see the news today? It might not happen today or before the referendum. It will though. It will.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

..... the Turkish government is asking for the EU to increase its pledge to €6bn ($6.6bn; £4.64bn), European Parliament President Martin Schulz said.
Turkey is also seeking a faster path towards EU membership and the speeding up of plans to allow Turks visa-free travel in Europe.
Turkish PM Ahmet Davutoglu told reporters that he was proposing a "new package" designed to "strengthen Turkish-EU ties not only on the illegal migrants issue but also in all challenging issues as well as Turkey's EU accession process".

This is why the EU is so important to our long term security and prosperity. Their solution to preventing the huge pressures on European countries dealing with 2 - 3 million refugees/migrants heading towards Europe in the next few years is to bung a load of (our) cash at Turkey and allow 80 million of their citizens visa free travel across Europe in the next few years and possibly full membership.... genius.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

I'm still safe, trust me. First and foremost - Europeans don't see Turkey as part of Europe. It is, practically speaking, mostly in Asia. Secondly the path Turkey has taken is exactly opposite to the one you'd take if you were serious about the process. The government abuses free speech, shutters newspapers, detains journalists. Turkey has to undertake around 34 'chapters' on everything from social, to economic to political reform to quality. There is a long-check list and for reform minded governments it sets out a clear road map. Turkey has completed one of these chapters. Also every member state has to sign off on each chapter - not going to happen. Finally Cyprus will veto anything substantial.

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Slightly off topic , what happened to that poster who lived in Turkey, not seen him post in ages
Edit was thinking of [MENTION=260]sully[/MENTION] couldt shoot

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would imagine he is quite unpleasant when winning an argument too. Going in past experience though, I don't think we will ever find out.

:lolol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I hope the "leave" campaign use as many of these examples of made up bollocks as possible, as they will destroy any case they may have.

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/cabbage.asp

Straight bananas anyone?

Project 'bullshit'

I love the way that the IN campaign think they have some moral high ground on the information given to the public. It's made all the more funny because straight after [MENTION=1320]Notters[/MENTION] debunked something a supporter of the OUT campaign had posted he was caught out posting similar rubbish himself.

Clearly both sides are doing it and in equal measure and you both know it.

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/h...both-sides-of-the-brexit-divide-a3180631.html

http://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexitvote/2...and-yet-more-misleading-statistics-on-europe/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here