Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unseen footage of Brighton vs Doncaster. Last game at the Goldstone.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Brilliant stuff, especially seeing a few Tunbridge Wells fellas in the opening 2 mins - they're still regulars. I have only hazy memories of the day myself, stood in the North Stand as always, so Storers goal wasn't that clear!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Fantastic video, a sad day, bittersweet memories, thanks for taking the time to upload it.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I was 27 at the time and in the South stand Stuart Storer dived right in front of me, the emotion all came flooding back is it really 20 years ago Thank you for posting least we forget.

How many of the older generation in the film are still with us?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I was 27 at the time and in the South stand Stuart Storer dived right in front of me, the emotion all came flooding back is it really 20 years ago Thank you for posting least we forget.

How many of the older generation in the film are still with us?

My dad, still travels home and away at 82

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why did everyone buy their clothes from Garden Centres back then?!

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
To echo Easy10's comments, that's a real bit of social history. Many thanks.

Forgot how tense those added on minutes were. "BLOW THE WHISTLE!"

D

Deleted member 2719

I thought I'd post this so the good people of NSC can be entertained. While my sister was clearing out my mum and dads loft she found aload of old High-8 videos of outrfamily only xmas's past and holidays. While sorting she found this......... I sent the footage of to get it burned to a DVD. And I've popped it on YouTube. It's 45 mins long but it has before and after footage of the game AND Stuart Storers goal from a new angle. Hope everyone enjoys. https://youtu.be/rvFEwAonliE

Many thanks fingers, you are the man.:rave::banana::bowdown:

The only thing is I want our Goldstone back now.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Love that old boy being interviewed in the first minute....

Indeed and one who passed away some time before the Amex I imagine, the baton passed on to the next generation. Touching, passionate interview.

Bloody hell that would be my Great Grandfather, Major Jim Pickering, who I'm told will have been well known to anybody who sat anywhere near his general vicinity at the Goldstone :lolol: He departed some time ago yes, with the baton firmly passed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here