Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Metallica album

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who else is getting excited about this release? Love the Atlas Rise track.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There's something about Metallica that I just cannot like; I can't quite put my finger on it but I think it's because they seem to be trying a bit too hard to be heavy ? Maybe someone else can explain it better...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There's something about Metallica that I just cannot like; I can't quite put my finger on it but I think it's because they seem to be trying a bit too hard to be heavy ? Maybe someone else can explain it better...

Are you talking about them now? Or their career in general?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not my cup of tea, although I do like their cover of Whisky in the Jar but that was some years ago

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Are you talking about them now? Or their career in general?

Generally I guess. When I hear a Metallica track on the radio (I mostly listen to Planet Rock) I tend not to like it. I think it's cos the singer sounds, to me, like he's forcing the gravelly voice.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Generally I guess. When I hear a Metallica track on the radio (I mostly listen to Planet Rock) I tend not to like it. I think it's cos the singer sounds, to me, like he's forcing the gravelly voice.

I'd never considered his voice that gravelly to be honest. But if you like singers like, for example, Dio or Bruce Dickingson, I can see your point.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
Yep - I've got it on preorder and enjoying the tracks as they periodically download.

emphyrian

May 25, 2004
Woodingdean
They are signing in London at midnight on release day. also playing a gig to all members of met club or fifth member website in London on 18th if you win tickets in the draw.

loving Atlas, Rise! and Moth into flames so far. Cant wait for album

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Looking forward to it as 8 years since last album is absurd. Really hope UK gets a gig in the round at The O2 as on the Death Magnetic tour.

They can range from brilliant (Master of Puppets, Ride The Lightning and Black Album) through to steaming garbage like St Anger ( utter mess with biscuit tin snare drum). Personality wise never been keen on Hetfield and Ulrich. Arrogant and self absorbed and whilst they had a valid point about Napster they went about it way too heavy handed.

And today's interesting fact is that the Black Album is the biggest selling LP of the last 25 years!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Looking forward to it as 8 years since last album is absurd. Really hope UK gets a gig in the round at The O2 as on the Death Magnetic tour.

They can range from brilliant (Master of Puppets, Ride The Lightning and Black Album) through to steaming garbage like St Anger ( utter mess with biscuit tin snare drum). Personality wise never been keen on Hetfield and Ulrich. Arrogant and self absorbed and whilst they had a valid point about Napster they went about it way too heavy handed.

And today's interesting fact is that the Black Album is the biggest selling LP of the last 25 years!

I didn't mind St. Anger. It was definitely not their best but it had its moments.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I didn't mind St. Anger. It was definitely not their best but it had its moments.

I don't mind the title track and Frantic but that's it. And the documentary Some Mind Of Monster was self indulgent naval gazing tripe. The only bit I enjoyed was Robert Trujillo nailing the bass audition and then trying to look cool when they confirmed his million dollar contract. And on the subject of bassists they need to move on from the death of Cliff Burton as tragic as it was and the treatment of his successor Jason Newstead was pretty shoddy..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

You make some good points.

With respect to their albums there are very few artists who have knocked out classic album after classic album like Metallica did in the first part of their career.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I don't mind the title track and Frantic but that's it. And the documentary Some Mind Of Monster was self indulgent naval gazing tripe. The only bit I enjoyed was Robert Trujillo nailing the bass audition and then trying to look cool when they confirmed his million dollar contract. And on the subject of bassists they need to move on from the death of Cliff Burton as tragic as it was and the treatment of his successor Jason Newstead was pretty shoddy..

Every time I've watched Some Kind of Monster and the Trujillo bit has come up I've instantly wanted to switch it off and go listen to old school Suicidal Tendencies instead.

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
Absolutely looking forward to this. Each track that has been released from the album is better than the previous one in my opinion. Was hoping that they would be headlining one of the days at Download but guess it will be o2 or maybe Wembley next year instead.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Absolutely looking forward to this. Each track that has been released from the album is better than the previous one in my opinion. Was hoping that they would be headlining one of the days at Download but guess it will be o2 or maybe Wembley next year instead.

They have said the won't be over in Europe until the autumn so I guess it's arenas ie the O2

Some of the tracks yet to be officially released have been leaked on Youtube if anyone fancies a listen before Friday's release. In my opinion, "Spit Out The Bone" is one of the best, thrashiest songs they've released in decades!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Will be interesting to see if their current set list will change after Friday's album release. Curiously now it only features 3 tracks from the new album which is contrast to Maiden's recent tour which featured 6 tracks from The Book Of Souls.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
I caved and downloaded the album... don't worry I will purchase it as I have done all their albums.... the last track 'Spit Out The Bone'. Holy crap... this is the best Metallica song in 20 years.

It gets better with every listen too OH MY GOD!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here