Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joel Lynch

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Nahki Wells then :moo:

Now you're talkin'.

Lynch is at best very average with little to really commend him including minimal sell.on value.
I've said before the best option for a fourth centre back is Curtiss Nelson on a free from Plymouth if Rangers don't grab him first. Young & promising but with lots of experience too.
Wells up front playing off Hemed would be a real predator. The other one I'd fancy in that role would be Dwight Gayle but, maybe wrongly, I'm not sure about his attitude. Wells would be an excellent signing in my book.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Now you're talkin'.

Lynch is at best very average with little to really commend him including minimal sell.on value.
I've said before the best option for a fourth centre back is Curtiss Nelson on a free from Plymouth if Rangers don't grab him first. Young & promising but with lots of experience too.
Wells up front playing off Hemed would be a real predator. The other one I'd fancy in that role would be Dwight Gayle but, maybe wrongly, I'm not sure about his attitude. Wells would be an excellent signing in my book.

If Wells fancies coming south then yes, l would agree with you. I fancy Gayle would want too many pennies though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Lynch would be a good addition to the squad, but not the first 11. He has a bit of that stealiness and naughtiness that we are missing at times, Kayal has it but we need more players with that guile about them

He's got as much guile as a double decker bus, & the same turning circle. We all burst out laughing when Buckley left him sitting on his backside, & then scored.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lynch? OMG yes! - I'd forgotten about him. He used to play for us didn't he? In which case, sign him up, obviously - get him in straight away! After all, we don't want any rubbish that has never pulled on a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt on before, do we ... ... ... ...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Probably be more like £4m + Baldock

I've a strong feeling that Chris loves Sam Baldock, and would be very reluctant to let him go. He is very much a Chris Hughton type of player.

Think about it, he has a good work ethic, puts in no end of energy, can run all day, has a good understanding with Tomer, and is very much a 'team' player. I like him too, just such a shame he can't contribute with a few more goals.

scooter1

How soon is now?
He's got as much guile as a double decker bus, & the same turning circle. We all burst out laughing when Buckley left him sitting on his backside, & then scored.
It's all about opinion, and when our players get clattered by the likes of Lynch and get up, retaliate and get booked, players like Lynch get away Scott free. This is the 'type' of player we've missed, and other than Kayal we don't really have it.
Its been a long time since Buckley has delivered anything other than sick notes to anybody, the season we got from him would appear to have been his peak

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Obviously his mistake was going for a one year contract in the hope that he could negotiate a better deal on promotion. It’s really sad to see that football has been impacted in the same way that other industries have. The hope is that during his long career, he has built up a substantial nest egg. Wish him and all the players desperate for a contract the best of luck.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You take a chance, and it it doesn.t pay off. It's called life.

This, his greed of a better contract versus stability of an offered 2 year deal. He rolled that dice and lost.

Go and drive for Amazon or Asda like the rest of us if you can't find a club. No sympathy at all.

1000's are losing long standing careers, homes, everything and clever dick is upset his extra money grab plan back fired.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
This, his greed of a better contract versus stability of an offered 2 year deal. He rolled that dice and lost.

Go and drive for Amazon or Asda like the rest of us if you can't find a club. No sympathy at all.

1000's are losing long standing careers, homes, everything and clever dick is upset his extra money grab plan back fired.

One man's greed is another's ambition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here