Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Liverpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We contained them and we are progressing from 9-1 last season to 2-0 this season net score.

We should be pleased with that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Apologies to all if I've missed something somewhere, but does anybody on NSC know why no Bissouma today?

Hamstring issue apparently

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I agree with you up to a point, we had a similar situation at Anfield, we caught them when they were not entirely at the races
I am not saying we should have started with attacking intent, you can't with Salah, mane and firminio on the pitch but in both games, especially after going 1 down we should have changed tactics, but it should have been done at half time in my opinion.
I think on our day we are now good enough and when you are lucky enough to play one of the top sides at home and they are below par following 2 defeats, injuries and players in different positions, then you have to change tactics and go for it.
If Liverpool were at full strength and playing at their best I would have totally understood.
Maybe we may have got stuffed but we still lost anyway, but just like at Anfield we certainly did not look like scoring so why not give it a go

I think CH got it just right. The back 4 were pushed far upfield (compared to depressingly negative mass Alamo deep defences for some games past), with Locadia supporting Murray. March had his hands full trying to nullify Robertson’s attacking game. Even Guardiola now treats LFC with respect and he has the most expensively assembled squad in football history to call upon.

To push bodies forward would’ve left Mane & co with space and 1 on 1’s.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool had no shots on target and won 1-0.

FAAAE2A0-C0C7-49AD-8AB8-028A347071E0.png

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
never pleased to lose a game, but understand that improvement has been made since last year

Nor am I but we have to accept that there are some teams that have far better players and bigger spending budgets than we will ever have

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Nor am I but we have to accept that there are some teams that have far better players and bigger spending budgets than we will ever have

Agree, but week on week this season it’s dawning on me that most teams in the Premier League (including the top 6) aren’t actually all that and with our commitment and organisation we are more than a match for them?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Agree, but week on week this season it’s dawning on me that most teams in the Premier League (including the top 6) aren’t actually all that and with our commitment and organisation we are more than a match for them?
Yep, Liverpool (the current top team) were made to look bang average today.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
BBC coverage a bit bias, I would have like to have seen Locadia's late decision for offside in the 1st and the push in the their box near the end of the 2nd.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I have to say the game wasn't exactly electrifying to watch (yes, I was there) - but it was simply a very competent display of containing a team without looking like we were defending for our lives for 90 minutes.

Strange atmosphere at the Amex today. Thought the scousers sang up well (when they did, which wasn't often), and we were pretty quiet. It won't be a game I'll remember for years to come, but it wasn't one I'll chose to forget. We didn't get tonked, and we put in a proper shift. I can't say any more right now..

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have to say the game wasn't exactly electrifying to watch (yes, I was there) - but it was simply a very competent display of containing a team without looking like we were defending for our lives for 90 minutes.

Strange atmosphere at the Amex today. Thought the scousers sang up well (when they did, which wasn't often), and we were pretty quiet. It won't be a game I'll remember for years to come, but it wasn't one I'll chose to forget. We didn't get tonked, and we put in a proper shift. I can't say any more right now..

I thought the singing started well and loud, then a quite tension took hold in watching the chess match on the pitch. Interspersed with hatred towards Friend and his linesmen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here