Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Tinpot sack their manager

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Reading. :lolol:

It wont happen, but if they went down with Wednesday and Ipswich I would laugh rather a lot.........

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Someone needs to save a copy of this for posterity. It should never be forgotten.

I'd genuinely not seen this before :lol::lol::lol:

In fairness, that would have a fair shout as a Eurovision entry. It's that formulaic.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
In 100 years time, they will still feel the deep shame of that song. It's a knockout blow which any fan of another club can use in an argument with a Reading equivalent: sort of like an all-in-one roundhouse kick and double throat punch.
The antithesis of foreign owners taking over and spectacularly not getting what it means to be a follower of an English club, it's truly horrific viewing and listening.

Nah. The song doesn't even register among our fanbase.

It was done by the owner (who isn't even here any more), with no input from the fans at all. So you can use it as banter - but none of us care about it, it had nothing to do with us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd genuinely not seen this before :lol::lol::lol:
You must have been on a sabbatical. Imagine the club staff having to bite their tongues as they go ahead with the most embarrassing tribute in their history. Yeah, a foreigner who knows nothing about our club or football in this country singing a rousing song will go down wonderfully with the fans.

In fairness, that would have a fair shout as a Eurovision entry. It's that formulaic.
I love to start watching it and laugh at their expense, but I can never actually watch beyond about 90 seconds of it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

It was done by the owner (who isn't even here any more), with no input from the fans at all. So you can use it as banter - but none of us care about it, it had nothing to do with us.
Yeah you can say that.

You see that embarrassment that everyone's laughing at. That's your club that is.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Isn't it nice to have the smug feeling that they are unlikely to steal any of our managers EVER again?!

Tinpot club if ever there was one!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

What's any of that got to do with it?! It's the Headline, not the Detail :) From Woodley to Winnersh, it's ALL you hear blarring out of car windows - "they call us the Royaaaaaals!" :O

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Well, let's not forget "We are Southampton," that unintentionally hilarious dirge to the tune of "My Way" that they used to play before kick-off at St Mary's. That would force a draw at least.

Bloody hell, that is tragic. Not sure who'd win Reading v Soton: the musical?!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yes, it was like walking past somebody tucking into a Kentucky Fried Chicken bargain bucket as you were to off to buy your winning lottery ticket.

:bowdown:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Another one for Steve Cotterill to apply for but it must be said that it is an easy daily drive from Sandbanks when he gets out of the jungle.

Steve Cotterill, Sandback, Omsung Phine. Well done BG.???

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here