Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Grenfell Tower bonfire

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I follow Amanda Jacks the caseworker for the FSF on Twitter (@fsffaircop). She posted about a fan banned by Sheffield Utd recently for bringing the club into disrepute on social media.

Was it legally challenged?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
They would not have a prayer IMO.

You're probably right. However, I'd guess that anyone subjected to such a ban would not want the extra publicity of challenging it in court, not the cost of legal representation.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
They would not have a prayer IMO.

Indeed, given that Steve Parish has practically fellated the hoody wearing flare lighting element of the Palace fanbase and given them precedence to regular Palace fans, I'd half expect them to be invited into the director's box to watch the next home match if they are Palace fans.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What was the outcome? (and what did the fan post on social media)

The fan was banned as per my previous post. I don't know.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...r-after-vitriolic-social-media-post-1-9422382

Whilst searching for that, I found a Wednesday fan has also been banned, just today, for vitriol towards Billy Sharp's dead son.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/shef...sharp-over-tragic-death-of-late-son-1-9432151

As for being legal, we all agree to the terms and conditions of buying tickets, so clubs have the right to ban you if they feel you've broken their terms and conditions.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Who exactly do you think they need protection from ? Genuine question .
Really? If id upset probably millions of people some of whom whom will react diferently, friends, familys, people opposed to little ninjas getting flamed
Would you expect to be able to walk round and hope the worst you can get expect is being called a **** and an egg thrown at you? Personally I would be shitting myself at my gone wrong joke

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Really? If id upset probably millions of people some of whom whom will react diferently, friends, familys, people opposed to little ninjas getting flamed
Would you expect to be able to walk round and hope the worst you can get expect is being called a **** and an egg thrown at you? Personally I would be shitting myself at my gone wrong joke

They havent upset millions of people to the extent that people will.go out.of.their.way.to hurt them , you may think or wish that was the case , i can assure you its not , in a months time gou wont even remember their names

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How many resources? A couple of hours getting evidence from a house?

The outcry over police resources being blown up out of proportion.

Agree with you .. the police resources used were not significant. Only those wanting these people to have a free rein are going on about that.

After many high profile blunders in the past in failing to look at matters, the police seem to cover all bases now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
They havent upset millions of people to the extent that people will.go out.of.their.way.to hurt them , you may think or wish that was the case , i can assure you its not , in a months time gou wont even remember their names

Whether or not they've upset millions is besides the point really. They've upset some people, certainly. The question is whether we want people arrested for this sort of moronic behaviour.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

It;'s not how many are upset but who are upset that could cause problems for the miscreants involved .

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Indeed, given that Steve Parish has practically fellated the hoody wearing flare lighting element of the Palace fanbase and given them precedence to regular Palace fans, I'd half expect them to be invited into the director's box to watch the next home match if they are Palace fans.

Stick to football finance Pres.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It;'s not how many are upset but who are upset that could cause problems for the miscreants involved .

The Grenfell Tower incident is another excuse for weirdos to crawl out of their petty existence to mock others unfortunate lives.
On a sidenote, we were talking about this yesterday, when driving to Westfield Shepherds Bush.
As you come over the A40 westway, you see the tower with heart symbol on it, in total view of the wealth that pours into Westfield & BBC etc...
Does make you think somewhat.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It's also almost as bad burning effergies of for instance the Prime minister, Mrs May. Just because a few stupid extreme Corbyn fans think it's funny doesn't make it acceptable.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
No burning of any MP's , its extremely disrespectful. I loath everything about Jeremy Corbyn but I wouldn't want an effigy of him burned. Why is it usually extreme lefties that think this is acceptable in this country. Tells me all I need to know about their mindset. Deeply unpleasant people that think this is funny.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

We still remember Jamie though! And I bet he hasn't forgotten the agonies he was put through.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Yeah, I'm not sure what the crime is. You can't be convicted of being a dickhead unfortunately

I assure you, you can.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here