Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crystal Palace winger says he was sent death threats after Arsenal draw

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
At the risk of sounding controversial...So bleedin what? It’s part and parcel of being anyone remotely famous or infamous these days. Hasn’t anyone cottoned on yet such online ‘threats’ aren’t in anyway remotely to be taken seriously? Just angry idiots who’ve done well to log on given their IQs. Ignore, safe in the knowledge that such idiots would detonate themselves long before mastering the art of bomb making etc.

No way should threats through social media be taken lightly and 'ignored'. I cant believe anyone would think like that.

Some people definitely let their palace hatred get the better of them in this thread.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
To all the people who are having a pop at Zaha because of this, if you supported Bong when one of our own was being attacked and having his character assassinated by Burnley fans and the press but are now piling in on Zaha, then you're a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

I can't stand the guy as a player but nobody deserves what he's got.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No way should threats through social media be taken lightly and 'ignored'. I cant believe anyone would think like that.

Some people definitely let their palace hatred get the better of them in this thread.

Dear oh dear, read on and you will hopefully understand. And do NOT imply that’s me re: your second sentence. Unless you’re deliberately trying to provoke me in which case I shall ignore.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
To all the people who are having a pop at Zaha because of this, if you supported Bong when one of our own was being attacked and having his character assassinated by Burnley fans and the press but are now piling in on Zaha, then you're a hypocrite. Plain and simple.

Who is having ‘a pop’ at Zaha in so far as they believe he deserves racist abuse and death threats? I don’t know a single Brighton fan who does. Evidence please - or are you just making things up?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

This.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Weird one innit. Bong thinks he may or may not have heard a comment from JRod and we all back him. Get super defensive of the player, have a go at West Brom, Burnley fans on social media even though we don't really know.

Zaha receives racist abuse and we all find a way to have a go. We're better than that aren't we ?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Some of the usual suspects letting their rabid hatred of all things Palace to cloud their rational thinking.
Disappointing, but not surprised.

I hate "all things palace" postcode boy. But I would never condone racist abuse of any player from any club.

But maybe...just maybe...if he wasn't such an attention seeking, whinging, cheat he wouldn't have become a target for the internet's lunatic fringe.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Zaha is an excellent footballer who has managed to make himself into a bit of a laughing stock with his pathetic diving. Sunday's incident was both a penalty AND a dive, for which he should receive the usual sneers. And that's all.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
People often post something and then delete it when called out on it. Who says he hasn't got a screenshot?

So everybody who posted racist abuse or death threats all happened to delete thier messages after being called out on it but nobody who called them out got screenshots that they then posted to BBS/Twitter etc and all of this happened before Zaha saw said comments in the middle in the roughly 25,000 notifications he would have received for that photo in question?

Really? You’re normally a decent poster but I I feel you’re being fairly naive here.

When a QPR fan mocked Knockaert losing his father the Tweets were plastered on here within the hour and that was a comment posted on a nobodies personal page. Yet numerous people send Zaha death threats and not one of his nearly 500k followers has posted a screenshot of the message anywhere else online? ???

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Has anyone asked to see the proof of the threats and abuse? to confirm them would add weight to the story, instead of people just thinking shut up you baby here he goes again.

How does anyone know he is telling the truth????

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Has anyone asked to see the proof of the threats and abuse? to confirm them would add weight to the story, instead of people just thinking shut up you baby here he goes again.

How does anyone know he is telling the truth????

Bit like Bong then.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Bit like Bong then.

Bit like Bong but instead of being a comment made in person with no witnesses it was a comment made where hundreds of thousands of people could see it on social media and yet there’s still absolutely no proof as far as I can tell.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bit like Bong but instead of being a comment made in person with no witnesses it was a comment made where hundreds of thousands of people could see it on social media and yet there’s still absolutely no proof as far as I can tell.

Bong should never had said anything then, as he can't prove it.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Isnt the difference HAHA is saying he was sent them? If they have been sent there is the proof no?

Why does he have to 'prove' anything?

How do we know Knockaert was depressed after his dad died?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here