Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Accused of Murder?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I assume it is perfectly legal to discuss that the Argus have reported something, which is a statement of fact? I won't say names in case that isn't right, but surely the fact they've reported something is the story and not the accusation?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I assume it is perfectly legal to discuss that the Argus have reported something, which is a statement of fact? I won't say names in case that isn't right, but surely the fact they've reported something is the story and not the accusation?

the problem with that is, if the Arsegas has put up something that's defamatory, then repeating it here *could* have ramifications. Best just to stick to the requests not to mention it until the case is over.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
the problem with that is, if the Arsegas has put up something that's defamatory, then repeating it here *could* have ramifications. Best just to stick to the requests not to mention it until the case is over.

Good plan

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just seen the report in the Argus. Seems a desperate attempt to deflect. I'm hoping justice will be done and seen to be done.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
All over the BBC news at 4, it will be interesting if Mr X has evidence to back up his claims
Let's not get dragged in to speculation that might end in a mistrial which would be a disaster.

Suffice to say that I doubt any person would keep quiet and withholding credible information about the dreadful murder of two children.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just seen the report in the Argus. Seems a desperate attempt to deflect. I'm hoping justice will be done and seen to be done.
I just want justice to be done. Not so keen on it being seen to be done, as that can interfere with the former.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Suffice to say that I doubt any person would keep quiet and withholding credible information about the dreadful murder of two children.

People say nothing for all sorts of reasons. Fear and stupidity, and sometimes both together, being two.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's me thinking this would be a yes/no/don't like to talk about it poll.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm pretty sure the claim was presented on here as a rumour once. It's where I remember first hearing it.

The Rattler

NSC Patreon
Jun 30, 2010
Dullsville, Herts
I certainly don't want to get myself, Bozza or NSC in any trouble, but just talking at work at lunch, another individual has been accused of two high profile murders in open court, and as a result this is being reported across all media platforms.

Does the individual, Mr X, have any means of redress when he's eventually exonerated?

Can he sue the barrister?

Surely the Judge should have made the Defence barrister withdraw the remark and imposed reporting restrictions ?

Mr X is not on trial Mr Y is.

Out of interest, were Mr Y to be found guilty and jailed (or indeed be found innocent, but nevertheless still go to jail to complete a sentence for another similar offence), and were he then to become the victim of an unfortunate accident in his cell / the shower / etc., resulting in his early demise... would you, if asked, accept the job of dealing respectfully with whatever pieces of his body remained?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here