dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
... or have one during the race!

6d75effdfc9c1e471c87d22e81fc89a9.png

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Just had some of the boys run by in the second mile of the Bright10. All looking good. Big Nuts had pulled 15 seconds clear of Ninja and the thin runner, formerly known as Mr Blobby, had maybe 20 seconds on Guinness Boy.
I expect to be updating the table later.....

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Congratulations to [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] for smashing his 10 mile record this morning. I couldn't get near the man and he deserved the comprehensive 5 minute victory. As it goes, my times are marvellous in their pattern. I got slower in miles 1-5 and then progressive each mile from 6-10. Mile 10 was my third quickest of the race but I was already in the bin by that point. Overall, I piled into a 1:10:34 which is disappointing but I'm not too concerned. I've been a bit heavy all week so I think the race possibly came a bit quickly. I think the Arena 80c 10k will be at just the right time. I need some pride back! :blush:

As I mentioned to the big chap this morning, my next goal is the Christmas Day parkrun at Preston Park. Time for a PB!

Last edited:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
My first 10 mile race, so it was always going to be a PB.

Delighted with my time of 1:12:40. Well done to all who ran. Some really impressive times on here already.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Totally outclassed by [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] this morning - not surprising as he's in a race every week at the moment. I did manage to beat the clock though and scored two minutes plus off my PB with a 1:21:06. Very pleased with that and some even pacing that I suspect may end up in negative splits when I download the watch.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Totally outclassed by [MENTION=474]Mr Blobby[/MENTION] this morning - not surprising as he's in a race every week at the moment. I did manage to beat the clock though and scored two minutes plus off my PB with a 1:21:06. Very pleased with that and some even pacing that I suspect may end up in negative splits when I download the watch.

And I've just strava'd it. My three fastest miles were in the second five including a final mile at 7.33. However, 7-8 was my slowest of the race and that's what Mr Blobby said about his run too. I think it's a little bit difficult to get back in to a steady rhythm after legging it down the hills in 6-7.

My watch has measured it just short at 9.99 which is interesting as it looks like others on Strava have too, but then it measures my training runs shorter than my phone :shrug:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
My watch has measured it just short at 9.99 which is interesting as it looks like others on Strava have too, but then it measures my training runs shorter than my phone :shrug:
That can easily happen if a course has a few tight turns or switchbacks. Garmins etc only take a reading every 5 seconds - so abort every 20-25m - and if you’ve taken a sharp turn in the middle of that it’ll assume the shortest distance between the 2 points.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Congratulations to [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] for smashing his 10 mile record this morning. I couldn't get near the man and he deserved the comprehensive 5 minute victory. As it goes, my times are marvellous in their pattern. I got slower in miles 1-5 and then progressive each mile from 6-10. Mile 10 was my third quickest of the race but I was already in the bin by that point. Overall, I piled into a 1:10:34 which is disappointing but I'm not too concerned. I've been a bit heavy all week so I think the race possibly came a bit quickly. I think the Arena 80c 10k will be at just the right time. I need some pride back! :blush:

As I mentioned to the big chap this morning, my next goal is the Christmas Day parkrun at Preston Park. Time for a PB!

Thank you for the kind words. Pleased with today in good conditions for seafront running. Felt strong throughout and my mile splits were generally consistent with a last mile of 6:13.7 which is pleasing.

Good to catch up with all the NSC runners I know today.

Hopefully similar conditions in two weeks for the Arena 80 10k.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/3071544976

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
That can easily happen if a course has a few tight turns or switchbacks. Garmins etc only take a reading every 5 seconds - so abort every 20-25m - and if you’ve taken a sharp turn in the middle of that it’ll assume the shortest distance between the 2 points.

Cheers. There were a lot of tight turns, one on the flat by the Marina and two in the last mile getting back to the seafront that I cut as fine as I could. I tried to concentrate on hitting the racing line as well as the field was nicely spread out. All in all a very good event. Not overcrowded with the tighter pinch points towards the end. Water stations in sensible placing, very well signed start positions and a lot of club runners so people tended to start at the right place. I didn't get blocked off at any point and picked my scalps up in the fast last mile rather than at the start. A big contrast with Brighton Half where everyone's first mile is normally the slowest.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Could someone update the NSC PB table. 1:05:38 is a big 10 mile PB for me.

Yes, Sir! Good running today by all. Once the wife has stopped playing online scrabble on the PC, I will update.

Highlight for me today is that all of you beat the ex neighbour. 50 year old Palace fan had mouthed off about his running achievements every time he'd seen me returning from a race, without ever doing one himself. 1:22 must have been disappointing for a sub 3 hour New York Marathoner. ...... Well done NSC runners! At least he tried.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Yes, Sir! Good running today by all. Once the wife has stopped playing online scrabble on the PC, I will update.

Highlight for me today is that all of you beat the ex neighbour. 50 year old Palace fan had mouthed off about his running achievements every time he'd seen me returning from a race, without ever doing one himself. 1:22 must have been disappointing for a sub 3 hour New York Marathoner. ...... Well done NSC runners! At least he tried.

I’m so pleased I ran that 7:38 last mile. Hopefully he was one of those I Zatopeked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here