Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The other Dick Head at it again!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
LK is damn right, Alex Scott or any other woman 'pundit' views have absolutely no validity whatsoever having never played the men's game and having only played to 'park' standard. It's an absolute insult to successful ex footballers who have played the game at the highest level such as Redknapp, Carragher, Souness to have her or any other female beside them on the panel as an equal. You may as well have me on the panel (ex park footballer).

As for 'arry' what a snob!!! Why mock someone's working class East end accent? Your type probably purport to hate middle class 'Tory scum' and yet mock someone because they have an accent reflective of where they were born? Incidently would you refer to Hope Powell as 'ope' as she was born in Lewisham so therefore doesn't speak with a clipped home counties accent?

Ahh. Two misogynistic threads you've frequented in a couple of days, to register your 1970's attitudes.
Fine work.

You know how you've only made 540 posts in 8 years? Yeah, let's keep that ratio going.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
LK is damn right, Alex Scott or any other woman 'pundit' views have absolutely no validity whatsoever having never played the men's game and having only played to 'park' standard. It's an absolute insult to successful ex footballers who have played the game at the highest level such as Redknapp, Carragher, Souness to have her or any other female beside them on the panel as an equal. You may as well have me on the panel (ex park footballer).

As for 'arry' what a snob!!! Why mock someone's working class East end accent? Your type probably purport to hate middle class 'Tory scum' and yet mock someone because they have an accent reflective of where they were born? Incidently would you refer to Hope Powell as 'ope' as she was born in Lewisham so therefore doesn't speak with a clipped home counties accent?

Oh dear.

Feel better now you've got that embarrassingly meaningless gibberish off your chest? Talk about creating your own fantasy and running with it...

Meanwhile, back in the real world, you are an appalling misogynist (to be fair, you are at least consistent in your undisguised hatred of women). You evidently have issues, though I'm not sure here is the best place to get yourself treated for that.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton

You've got a point.

But you will get slaughtered for airing that view on here by the snowflakes though.

This thread is surprisingly quiet. Maybe because a lot of people agree with it, and can't be arsed to be talked down to from the usual suspects.

If I watch a sport, I want the pundits to have experience of what they are talking about by playing at the highest level. Women's football is not a high level.

In this equal world we live in, why do we even have mens and womans football. Should it not just be football?

What's next, some little darling will complain there are no women's managers in the men's game.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Can't even say Alex Scott is 'struggling'. She comes across as intelligent and knowing what she's on about. And her command of English is a damn sight better than 'Arry's offshoot'.

I actually don't think she is that great; that said, Leon Knights word were shall we say ''less than constructive'' - She is new to this and not everyone is great at their job when they first start. She tends to repeat herself a lot but she will get better with time and we have to start somewhere with women football pundits.

I recall listening to Bianca Westwood when she first started reporting at grounds around the country. I thought she was awful but now I think she is one of the best reporters and she puts Jeff Stelling in his place when he comes out with his sexist comments.

I don't see Leon Knight coming out slating Clinton Morrison saying we can't understand a word he says. Snazziest and best dressed bloke on the Telly he most certainly is but as a football pundit. He is ****ing awful.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As a side note has Beach Seagull actually been living in a cave as the moniker 'onest 'arry has been around for about 20 years. Seems a very strange thing to try to have a pop at someone about!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What's next, some little darling will complain there are no women's managers in the men's game.

There are no women managers in the men's game. There, I've said it.

I don't care which gender, race, religion, nationality a pundit is, as long as they can pundit.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The other thing we need to stamp out is these PL managers who have never played at the highest level.

How can we expect seasoned international footballers to listen to the ramblings of some prick whose playing CV is embarrassing or non existent. They may as well employ me as a manager as I've played Football Manager on my phone.

I mean what the hell do Arsene Wenger, Jose Mourinho and the rest of these imposters know about football? It's a disgrace!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
There are no women managers in the men's game. There, I've said it.

I don't care which gender, race, religion, nationality a pundit is, as long as they can pundit.

Same here. No problem at all. But I would prefer pundits to come from a background from the highest possible level. I don't want to hear from someone who plays at a level which is not a lot different to county league standard.

I wouldn't want to listen to an ex-county league player, commenting on televised games, unless maybe a county team is ever featured in a live football match.

But I honestly think the standard of women's football is terrible. I probably do county league players a mis-justice of comparing it. I mean, look at it!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6bJfwOnw3A

Just generally fed up of people getting jobs, because of "what" they are, rather than "who" they are.

The best qualified people, who is likely to do the best job should be there. Not because they are a man, woman, white, black, green, tall, short. But because they deserve it.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

They won't because it's not true: Patrizia Panico is manager of Italy U16s and, until recently, Corinne Diacre was manager of French league club Clermont. She was there for three years too, so must have done a pretty good job.

There are also quite a few women coaches knocking around.

It's very, very early days though. Look at how few black managers there in English football and there have been black players since the 70s. I fully expect there to be women FL manager in my lifetime but it won't be in the next 10 years though.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I backed you up in the last thread as I thought you made a valid point. Had I known you really were a misogynistic nob as now appears evident, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I backed you up in the last thread as I thought you made a valid point. Had I known you really were a misogynistic nob as now appears evident, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

Anybody who spent any time reading or contributing to the (long, original) thread about the Ched Evans case, will know very well this poster's true colours.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'd like to know how much Alex Scott got paid for that night's work compared to Redknapp and Carragher.

On the one hand if they are doing the same job they should be on equal pay. On the other hand, if the value of Redknapp's contribution is deemed to be higher than Scott's then why are Sky foisting a reduced quality viewing product on me by having Scott rather than, say, Souness or Gary Neville?

Robbie Williams could be on the same bill as my Uncle Graham, one can sing and is a better "pull" than the other therefore would be paid more?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You've got a point.

But you will get slaughtered for airing that view on here by the snowflakes though.

Snowflakes is such a pathetic term. What is it supposed to even mean?

If it means people who are 'easily offended', then have you not got this particular case a little confused? Leon Knight and yourselves seem to be the ones 'offended' by the BBC's pundit choices. Everyone else is just watching telly unbothered :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here