Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Official Match Thread: Croatia v Denmark

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I think that should have been a red. The rules changed so that accidental fouls cannot be punished with a red and a penalty, but that was a pretty deliberate and desperate attempt to prevent a tap in. I'm rooting for Denmark though so can't say I'm too fussed.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure how Gary Neville can praise Denmark and the defender for that. Croatia had an open goal to win the game and only a clear foul has stopped them. Forget the 115 minutes before it, on that incident alone Denmark have cheated to stay in the game. I can accept they had to do it, but don’t praise them for it!

In reverse I thought he also over praised the attacking move.

Two defensive statues, right next to a static striker, allowed him to get a long head start in a foot race.

That’s bread n butter defending for any centre half.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Really? Clean through on goal, already past the keeper. That is red in anyone's language. And do not come back to me with the whole double punishment penalty adjustment to the rules, this is an order of magnitude above the standard goalie brings down the striker red card and penalty.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Casper is a great keeper in his own right and have often wondered if he could have played for England. He was born here wasn't he?

My money is on him to get them through.

He could have.

A joke today. Russia’s RB Fernandes is Brazilian with a full Brazilian cap, moved to Russia 6 years ago. The Spain and Portugal teams contain born n bred Brazilians.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Really? Clean through on goal, already past the keeper. That is red in anyone's language. And do not come back to me with the whole double punishment penalty adjustment to the rules, this is an order of magnitude above the standard goalie brings down the striker red card and penalty.

Looked to me he wasn't very far away from the ball at all, therefore, you cannot deem it as a purposeful foul.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
He could have.

A joke today. Russia’s RB Fernandes is Brazilian with a full Brazilian cap, moved to Russia 6 years ago. The Spain and Portugal teams contain born n bred Brazilians.
Happens in a lot of sports including various English teams.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Looked to me he wasn't very far away from the ball at all, therefore, you cannot deem it as a purposeful foul.

Think we will have to agree to disagree on this one. For me it does not matter how close he got to the ball, as there is absolutely no way he could have got the ball from there without taking the man first.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So Croatia not looking anywhere near as good tonight as we all thought they were. Denmark unlucky there.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Poor game Croatia we very poor Denmark were the better team but with no striker the penalty shootout was amazing very tense but so far I have seen nothing in this group that makes me think England if they get past Columbia could might no I must not say it

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
That professional foul reminded me a bit of Rodney Thomas's handball. Or someone like Nogan or Small bursting through in front of the North Stand, hapless lower div keeper comes rushing out, hauls 'em down, huge roar, possibly a sending off depending on the ref's ineptitude

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here