Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next season starts with Arsenal away apparently

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Dammit, I was hoping we'd get West Ham for the first week, and the second week, and every other week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So when does TV change all the fixtures?

I can't see Utd staying at Saturday 3pm.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Having said I don't care I now have to admit to more than faint annoyance that Palace at home is a Tuesday again (seriously, Sussex Police, did you learn NOTHING?) and Fulham away is also. Two last games are tricky to say the least but a pretty comfortable run in up till then. Otherwise m'eh again.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Palace on a Tuesday is annoying as the trains are so sh*t!

Always need to leave work early for a stress free journey. Other than that a pretty good fixture list.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Looking at the Man U game ... got a wedding in Sweden not back till Sunday early afternoon ... hoping it's the 4.00 or Monday night

I hope that gets moved too, but not to 5pm. It's a special day in our household too.

Our next season in breif.
Aug/Sep shocking..maybe 6 points
Oct/Nov could (won't) win them all
Dec/Jan/Feb mixed good and bad
Mar/Apr..Safety assured.could win most
End Apr/May hanging on for mid-table finish...
Easy...

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
God knows. Sussex police seem to have this bizarre belief that evening games are safer because people only have an hour or so to drink after work. Because nobody would think of taking annual leave and drinking all day, would they? (Or in Palace fans' case, not go to the job centre that day).

I wouldn't want the Scum in our beautiful city over a weekend. Ruining it for the general clubbing/pubing punters.

The hooded little pricks who pull a sickie on a Tuesday, would be lower in number, than those available over a weekend.

The lesser of two chav evils.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I wouldn't want the Scum in our beautiful city over a weekend. Ruining it for the general clubbing/pubing punters.

The hooded little pricks who pull a sickie on a Tuesday, would be lower in number, than those available over a weekend.

The lesser of two chav evils.

Plus it might be cold :whistle:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Why do we always have to play Palace on a Tuesday night, an early weekend kick off would stop most of the problems and the trains would be better.

God knows. Sussex police seem to have this bizarre belief that evening games are safer because people only have an hour or so to drink after work. Because nobody would think of taking annual leave and drinking all day, would they? (Or in Palace fans' case, not go to the job centre that day).

Yeah, because APART from them defacing Bruno's mural, congregating in Buddy's all day, the train chaos before, people getting locked out, away fans with no tickets getting in, fireworks getting in to a supposedly secure ground, the absolutely terrible game with suitably flat atmosphere, the train queues afterwards and Sussex Police blatently lying on social media and getting caught at it the Tuesday night worked really well last season.

I honestly can't see how Saturday 3pm would be any worse than the above, plus it's allowed up there. If you're going to be mega cautious then Sunday lunchtime ko would be fine, in fact that worked out really nicely once :whistle:

There are times when I think my blind old grandma could organise things better than the Sussex OB.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here