Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOST Disappointing player over the season - Poll

Which player has disappointed you the most this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
IMO this thread shouldnt exsist.

Frustrating to see Knockaert and March being touted as disapointing, when clearly their roles in a team fghting to stay in the divsion are going to be a little different to roles in a team going for promotion.

Both have had to do a lot more defending this season and will have been reigned in on their attacking play. With better full backs behind them, I think we will see a lot more from them next season. Anyone who thinks they were going to smash this league were a little deluded IMO.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Sadly Solly as I really hoped he'd step up and kick on.

I always thought Knockaert would be enigmatic and frustrating this season, though since the sending off at Everton and coming back into the team for the second half at Selhurst he's started to look the mustard.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
No one. We finished 15th in our first season in the Premier League, which more than exceeded my expectations. Everyone played a part in that. Even Solly, who I do believe featured in every one of our wins.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If the Mods feel this thread is insensitive or out of order please delete

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What I think is probably MORE interesting than the obvious candidates is the votes for the likes of Bong, Ryan and Propper.... (although we have the reason for the Ryan vote - too short). I'd like the voters for THOSE players to explain their justification.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bit harsh this. I thought they all did tremendous

It is harsh. The players see enough to pinch a cartoon from Exile's match report, so a poll like this is hardly going to encourage them for next season.
You'd think our fans would learn from Barnes saying he knew he wasn't wanted.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It is harsh. The players see enough to pinch a cartoon from Exile's match report, so a poll like this is hardly going to encourage them for next season.
You'd think our fans would learn from Barnes saying he knew he wasn't wanted.

Difference here being, everybody loves Solly and wants him to do well and so have high expectations.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Difference here being, everybody loves Solly and wants him to do well and so have high expectations.

Not really if everyone at work had a poll and you come out bottom but everyone told you not to worry we like you, we just want you to well. Im pretty sure you would still feel shit.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
None of them have disappointed me.
Solly has worked hard on his defensive game which has improved but hasn`t done enough going forward.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Not really if everyone at work had a poll and you come out bottom but everyone told you not to worry we like you, we just want you to well. Im pretty sure you would still feel shit.

Disagree, when half the voters thought he was going to take the PL by storm and the other half think he's the Sussex Ronaldo then being disappointed he hasn't reached those levels isn't much of an insult.

Like I said, people are going to interpret this poll in different ways and would have been best left alone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Why should we have high expectations of a Sussex lad, more than a Dutch or Austrian?

Edit to add Bozza did something similar last week discussing out biggest FLOP. I felt the same them.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I didn't expect March to tear up the premier league this season and Knocky has struggled at times as well. So Suttner who was signed on a similar fee to Gross has to be my pick. Obviously the jury is still out on Lacadia.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not one player still at the club has let us down or disappointed at all.

Hughton has done an excellent job weeding out all the let downs.

:albion2:

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know, you tell me. Bias?

Do you disagree that our fanbase in general have very high expectations of March?

I think being selected for England U21s might have given higher hopes than say, Dunk, who wasn't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here