Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Queen Elizabeth on the move

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Yeah right, it's really just willy waving from a faded colonial power with ongoing delusions of international grandeur - the main problem is that our willy is so small these days that it's liable to be the subject of scorn rather than admiration or fear!!

Far more use in real terms than a Trident submarine. As well as defence of the UK and our allies it can help with disaster relief. A nuclear sub would have been no use in British Honduras in 1972 for example.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Bet you’d like to be on the roof of that carrier Smudge when they start to recover those aircraft, apparently they have developed a rolling landing method rather than vertical, without traps of course!

Btw one of the PO’s is a Lass, did you have her too?

No, I know of her though, heard good things, she got promoted quickly, but then again they all do now. No more "dead man's shoes". (Or women's of course).
One thing is for certain, everyone on board will be glad to get a full air group on board & worked up. I keep winding them up about having no jets.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Its not your head, but your shins that develop scars. Matelots will understand. Ive no idea how many times my shin hit a hatchway, but its left permanent scars.
You've no idea how many times your shin hit a hatchway due to the number of times you hit your head.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Far more use in real terms than a Trident submarine. As well as defence of the UK and our allies it can help with disaster relief. A nuclear sub would have been no use in British Honduras in 1972 for example.

Don't get me started on Trident!!!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
We were in Naples back in the day and the Yank carrier JFK was anchored off and we had a look round her !!
It was beyond belief the size of it and in them days ( Mid 70’s) they had armed robberies onboard on their post office !!
True Dit

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Mum and kids in UK airspace :)

[tweet]1004434421968236545[/tweet]

Home safely
0967268b689bedf6e6f3ceb077c7c3a1.jpg

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions