Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Injuries

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Have we just been incredibly fortunate with injuries this season, or is it down to other factors such as training routines, fitness levels and the medical team? Take a look at some of the relegation rivals and they often have half their squad out injured, or in the case of Palace, most of their squad!. Even Schelotto getting clattered and knocked out cold by a combination of a shoulder charge and forearm smash, is declared fit for today! We've been very lucky that all our key players have come thru the season relatively unscathed. The medical staff seem to be doing an amazing job. One group of many unsung hero's this season

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
We've been 'lucky' with injuries for a couple of seasons now, so don't think that is solely down to luck. With the huge investment in Lancing there must be a huge investment in the back room side to that as well otherwise what was the point. Seems the club are taking seriously the whole fitness and education side of the playing staff and that is reaping benefits in the first team.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Have we just been incredibly fortunate with injuries this season, or is it down to other factors such as training routines, fitness levels and the medical team? Take a look at some of the relegation rivals and they often have half their squad out injured, or in the case of Palace, most of their squad!. Even Schelotto getting clattered and knocked out cold by a combination of a shoulder charge and forearm smash, is declared fit for today! We've been very lucky that all our key players have come thru the season relatively unscathed. The medical staff seem to be doing an amazing job. One group of many unsung hero's this season

Oh, ****ing WELL done.

:nono:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So far this season, we've been very lucky. The only loss being the long since forgotten Izzy Brown.
Yes Sidwell and Skalak have been out in the long and medium term respectively, but I don't think either would have been close to the match day squads

I disagree. I think we missed Sidwell’s PL experience and know-how badly in the first half of the season and especially during the Christmas period, when I think he would have been involved if available.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So far this season, we've been very lucky. The only loss being the long since forgotten Izzy Brown.
Yes Sidwell and Skalak have been out in the long and medium term respectively, but I don't think either would have been close to the match day squads

Kayal had a broken leg. Baldock missed months.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I disagree. I think we missed Sidwell’s PL experience and know-how badly in the first half of the season and especially during the Christmas period, when I think he would have been involved if available.

And Kayal was out for the first three months, too.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Am I imagining it or did we have horrendous luck with injuries for a few years under Poyet and Garcia? Players picking up minor niggles and then subsequently out for half the season. Also always seemed to happen at the worst time as well (Derby and Massive away in the play offs springs to mind).

Suppose it helps when you’re training at a state of the art academy and not a dog shit infested patch of grass at the university.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
Am I imagining it or did we have horrendous luck with injuries for a few years under Poyet and Garcia? Players picking up minor niggles and then subsequently out for half the season. Also always seemed to happen at the worst time as well (Derby and Massive away in the play offs springs to mind).

Suppose it helps when you’re training at a state of the art academy and not a dog shit infested patch of grass at the university.

I didn't know Palace trained at the University!!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
It has to be kane, vardy, Wilson, Murray. Rashford maybe also but more in the winger category since we basically only have sterling.

Leon bailey apparently meeting FA representatives, strange as it was previously reported he can’t represent England but now he can per reports.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Knockaert was lucky to not miss most of the season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It has to be kane, vardy, Wilson, Murray. Rashford maybe also but more in the winger category since we basically only have sterling.

Leon bailey apparently meeting FA representatives, strange as it was previously reported he can’t represent England but now he can per reports.

What?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Actually we have had a shocking load of injuries: Baldock, Kayal, Murray, Sidwell, Skalak, Brown.....how we have come through this season is anyone's guess. I blame either the bumpy facilities at Shoreham, or underskilled physios. Barber OUT.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This - he would have at least been on the bench when Kayal was also injured as we had no CM midfield cover at all. We would have been fooked if either Davy or Dale got injured.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here