Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Russia at it again ? Litvenenko #2 ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Man and woman with Russian " connections " hospitalised ...... have they not learned that we take a dim view of this sort of thing ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43295134

Pffffft, I trust you are being ironic.

Generally speaking, traitors deserve what they get, it’s a shame we didn’t do the same to the same to Philby et al back in the 50s.

How do you expect a country to prevent traitorism if there isn’t consequences?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Pffffft, I trust you are being ironic.

Generally speaking, traitors deserve what they get, it’s a shame we didn’t do the same to the same to Philby et al back in the 50s.

How do you expect a country to prevent traitorism if there isn’t consequences?

:facepalm:

If you read the story, he was already punished by the Russians for his 'treason'

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
:facepalm:

If you read the story, he was already punished by the Russians for his 'treason'

I read the story, it would appear that the punishment you refer to was merely a hors d’oeuvre.

Certainly puts the consequences of treason in context for any aspiring Russian traitors.

As it is no doubt intended to do.......

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Not really, he was in prison and then released as part of a prisoner exchange. It makes a mockery of the prisoner exchange if they're then going to track him down and kill him.

Really?

Why WOULDN'T the powers that be in Russia decide that releasing him in order to get a prisoner back, while still keeping their ultimate punishment up their sleeve.

Let’s be clear the cause of death is not established, but if I was running a book I would not be laying Russian secret service involvement and my price would be approx. 100/1 on. Seems like you are saying it isn’t the Russians? I will happily take a punt with you?

What price are you offering?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I've got to say Cunning Fergus I find you increasingly a deeply unpleasant person. Over the years you've gone from an oddball brexit obsessive to a far right defender of authoritarianism. Unlike my right wing chum Bushy you never seem to comment on football or non political threads and you don't have a sense of humour about anything.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Really?

Why WOULDN'T the powers that be in Russia decide that releasing him in order to get a prisoner back, while still keeping their ultimate punishment up their sleeve.

Let’s be clear the cause of death is not established, but if I was running a book I would not be laying Russian secret service involvement and my price would be approx. 100/1 on. Seems like you are saying it isn’t the Russians? I will happily take a punt with you?

What price are you offering?

I think you've misunderstood the op's post

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not sure we can say just yet that this is down to Putin. If, however, the victim is connected in anyway to the Steele dossier and related matters, then all bets are off.

If there is any connection between Steele's work at MI6 and the victim, then it gets interesting.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've got to say Cunning Fergus I find you increasingly a deeply unpleasant person. Over the years you've gone from an oddball brexit obsessive to a far right defender of authoritarianism. Unlike my right wing chum Bushy you never seem to comment on football or non political threads and you don't have a sense of humour about anything.

There are definitely some "issues" there. Believing that you know everything can be damaging to your mental health.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Litvenenko #2. Number 12 or so, it seems at least 10 others have been covered up so as not to upset the flow of Russian money, into the country.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Really?

Because it would mean not getting other prisoners back in the future.

Seems like you are saying it isn’t the Russians?
How did you work that out?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Jeez I’m broken......*wipes away tear*

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Because it would mean not getting other prisoners back in the future.

How did you work that out?

Radio 4 this morning reported that there had been 14 suspicious deaths of people in the UK in recent years connected with the secret services, so I guess the Russians (possibly) are making a mockery of arrangements like prisoner exchange.

These arrangements are not executed under any international laws, and given that we are talking about the activity of national government sponsored spying then trust will be a very rare commodity.

Still that’s my take on this.....you maybe right and HM Govt will be serving a writ to Putin any moment now.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
There are definitely some "issues" there. Believing that you know everything can be damaging to your mental health.

Well I don’t know everything, but I reckon not every Italian man has a small dick and is useless in bed, that said if your missus is prepared to endorse your assertion based on her personal experience I will happily stand down on that particular score.

The balls in your mouth.....sorry I mean Court.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here