Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings FA Cup 5th round - Coventry (H)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Apologies if fixtures but couldn't see a thread.

Coventry ratings from those at the game please. Thanks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Subs

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Much of the game felt like a training session. So difficult to give ratings, but here goes:

Krul 6 - Nothing to do
Maenpaa 6 - Nothing to do - not at fault for the goal.
Bruno 7 - A few lapses that would have mattered against better opposition. Great cross for Ulloa.
Goldson 7 - A mixed bag defensively - marked up for the goal
Hunemeier 7 - Decent performance, with some classy cross-field passes in the first half.
EDIT: SUTTNER - 7 - Great delivery throughout the game ( can't believe I missed him out)
Knockaert 7 - trying too hard but involved in all three goasl
Stephens 8 MOFH (man of first half) - One of two players who really showed his class against lower opposition. The forward passes looking for J Lo were an interesting development, hope to see more of that in Prem games
Propper 6 - Average
Kayal 6 - Average
March 6 - Average
Locadia 8 MOM - Not bad for a first game back from injury. Looks like a great signinh
Ulloa 7 - superb header, but not as sharp as he's looked when coming on as a sub.

Baldock 6 - his last first team game as an Albion player? Hopefully will get a run out at Old Trafford.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Much of the game felt like a training session. So difficult to give ratings, but here goes:

Krul 6 - Nothing to do
Maenpaa 6 - Nothing to do - not at fault for the goal.
Bruno 7 - A few lapses that would have mattered against better opposition. Great cross for Ulloa.
Goldson 7 - A mixed bag defensively - marked up for the goal
Hunemeier 7 - Decent performance, with some classy cross-field passes in the first half.
Knockaert 7 - trying too hard but involved in all three goasl
Stephens 8 MOFH (man of first half) - One of two players who really showed his class against lower opposition. The forward passes looking for J Lo were an interesting development, hope to see more of that in Prem games
Propper 6 - Average
Kayal 6 - Average
March 6 - Average
Locadia 8 MOM - Not bad for a first game back from injury. Looks like a great signinh
Ulloa 7 - superb header, but not as sharp as he's looked when coming on as a sub.

Baldock 6 - his last first team game as an Albion player? Hopefully will get a run out at Old Trafford.

Where's Suttner?

borat

Jul 16, 2003
I must have seen a different game to Weststander - rating Knockaert ahead of March??? I thought March was close to MOTM. Running at players and some fantastic crosses. 2 for Locadia, 1 for Baldock when he hit the post and another that Ulloa got close to. Love Knockaert but he was pretty poor yesterday. Also thought Ulloa despite his goal looked slow and contribution was lacking. Would start Murray ahead of him if we were to play 2 strikers again.

Was really impressed by Clarke-Harris and to a lesser extent Bayliss for Coventry. Both could be playing at a higher level (admittedly have never seen them in other games).

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
I must have seen a different game to Weststander - rating Knockaert ahead of March??? I thought March was close to MOTM. Running at players and some fantastic crosses. 2 for Locadia, 1 for Baldock when he hit the post and another that Ulloa got close to. Love Knockaert but he was pretty poor yesterday. Also thought Ulloa despite his goal looked slow and contribution was lacking. Would start Murray ahead of him if we were to play 2 strikers again.

Was really impressed by Clarke-Harris and to a lesser extent Bayliss for Coventry. Both could be playing at a higher level (admittedly have never seen them in other games).

Match MoM for me. Beat their fullback 9 times out of 10.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Krull 6
Bruno 6
Suttner 7
Uwe 6
Goldson 8
Knockaert 6
Kayal 7
Stephens 7 - brilliant first half
March 7
Locadia 7
Ulloa 6

Propper 6
Maenppa 6
Baldock n/a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I've not rated the players from yesterday, are you thinking of another poster?

IMO March in the second half showed the best form he has all season.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Krul 6
Bruno 8
Suttner 8
Goldson 9 MOTM
Huenemeier 7
Stephens 8
Kayal 7
March 8
Knockeart 5
Locadia 8
Ulloa 6

Propper 6
Baldock 6
Maenpaa 6

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Krul 6
(Mäenpää H-T, 6)
Bruno 7
Hunemeier 6
Goldson 7
Suttner 6
Knockaert 7
Stephens 7
(Pröpper H-T, 7)
Kayal 6
March 6
Locadia 7
(Baldock 75min, 6)
Ulloa 6

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've not rated the players from yesterday, are you thinking of another poster?

IMO March in the second half showed the best form he has all season.

This. The second half he was very good, showed his early season promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Clarke-Harris gave the BFG a torrid time. This lad's coming back from serious injury. I'm sure the recruitment team will keep an eye on him (hopefully).

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Nice to watch a match where there was no pressure. Makes a change this season.

Krul 6. Not much to do. Any news on his injury? Presuming that was why he was subbed.
Bruno 7. Looked pretty good for most of the game, but some sloppy stuff towards the end.
Hunemeir 7. Good defending and some great crossfield balls.
Goldson 7. Well taken goal. Some nice runs upfield. But I thought he was too often outjumped by their forwards.
Suttner 9. Excellent.
Stephens 8. Best I have seen from him in a long time. Actually wanted to pass the ball forward. But then you have to consider the ability of the opposition.
Kayal 7. Did OK without standing out.
March 8. Thought he had a good game.
Knockaert 6. Poor. Shooting awful. Held on to the ball too long on a number of occasions. Amazingly the Sunday Times gave him MOM.
Ulloa 7. Great goal. Some good stuff. But overall showed he needs more game time.
Locadia 8. Great goal and an all-round positive display. Looks like a very good acquisition.

Subs:
Maenpaa 7. Not a lot to do, but handled the ball well under pressure.
Propper 7. Not quite up to Stephens' standard, but did well.
Baldock 6. One shot that grazed the bar, but not a lot else.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
One thing hit home yesterday given the amount of players rested is our strength in depth - pretty good

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
6= average

Everyone 6

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Krul 6
Bruno 7
Suttner 7
Hunemeier 7
Goldson 7
Knockaert 6
Kayal 7
Stephens 8
March 7
Locadia 7
Ulloa 7

Propper 6
Maenppa 6
Baldock 6

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Clarke-Harris gave the BFG a torrid time. This lad's coming back from serious injury. I'm sure the recruitment team will keep an eye on him (hopefully).

My thoughts exactly on Clarke-Harris. Impressive display from him. On the whole it looked like men against boys, which is essentially what it was.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Nice to watch a match where there was no pressure. Makes a change this season.

Krul 6. Not much to do. Any news on his injury? Presuming that was why he was subbed.
Bruno 7. Looked pretty good for most of the game, but some sloppy stuff towards the end.
Hunemeir 7. Good defending and some great crossfield balls.
Goldson 7. Well taken goal. Some nice runs upfield. But I thought he was too often outjumped by their forwards.
Suttner 9. Excellent.
Stephens 8. Best I have seen from him in a long time. Actually wanted to pass the ball forward. But then you have to consider the ability of the opposition.
Kayal 7. Did OK without standing out.
March 8. Thought he had a good game.
Knockaert 6. Poor. Shooting awful. Held on to the ball too long on a number of occasions. Amazingly the Sunday Times gave him MOM.
Ulloa 7. Great goal. Some good stuff. But overall showed he needs more game time.
Locadia 8. Great goal and an all-round positive display. Looks like a very good acquisition.

Subs:
Maenpaa 7. Not a lot to do, but handled the ball well under pressure.
Propper 7. Not quite up to Stephens' standard, but did well.
Baldock 6. One shot that grazed the bar, but not a lot else.

As I saw it but March 6. He had the ball a lot in second half but didn't actually do much with it. I wa expecting March and AK to shine a little more against "lower" opposition.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here