Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ffs! Open the upper stands and get tickets on general sale! - East Stand Upper now on sale

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The thing is its the chicken and the egg because if fans see the club treating it as a 2nd rate game some fans will also. The club have based this games arrangements on the Palace tie which a alot of factors that affected the crowd. If bronze members can get 4 tickets I will bite the bullet and try to get 7 together in the lower stadium. Modern football what a drag:(
You seem to want East Upper. Why not wait for it to open in the next day or so ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Trying to get my sons nephews and brother to all sit together for the first time at the Amex, might not get the chance again and thought it would be a good opportunity to all get together in decent seats at a decent cost for a 5th round of the FA Cup. Not a great ask tbh.

Maybe.

Alternatively you’re just using this opportunity to continue your tiresome prick act, although I’m not sure it is an act.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The thing is its the chicken and the egg because if fans see the club treating it as a 2nd rate game some fans will also. The club have based this games arrangements on the Palace tie which a alot of factors that affected the crowd. If bronze members can get 4 tickets I will bite the bullet and try to get 7 together in the lower stadium. Modern football what a drag:(

The obvious main difference to the Palace tie is that this one is a Saturday 3pm kick-off, so the club shouldn't even be attempting to extrapolate figures from one tie on to the other. Just looks like a lack of ambition to me. They've not even TRIED to sell this game.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Given the general lack of enthusiasm for the FA Cup not only amongst the clubs but the fans, and that they club got burnt badly on the Palace game, opening the the lower bowl to begin with makes sense from the club's perspective. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and spend other peoples money.

I'd rather sit in the WSU for this game, but my desire to see the game is greater than my seat preference so I have bought a seat in the north. At £18 and the prospect of a good old fashioned cup-tie buying a ticket for this should be a no brainer for fans. Absolutely stunned at the moaning on this thread, if anything can be described as tinpot, it's putting seat preference above match attendance.

If you are a season ticket holder, or a member the info is there, you can buy multiple tickets so people can sit together, it's not that hard to get a ticket for this game, and they are STILL available so the club is vindicated thus far. If we sell out more tickets will go on sale, it's really not that hard to figure out.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Given the general lack of enthusiasm for the FA Cup not only amongst the clubs but the fans, and that they club got burnt badly on the Palace game, opening the the lower bowl to begin with makes sense from the club's perspective. It's easy to sit behind a keyboard and spend other peoples money.

I'd rather sit in the WSU for this game, but my desire to see the game is greater than my seat preference so I have bought a seat in the north. At £18 and the prospect of a good old fashioned cup-tie buying a ticket for this should be a no brainer for fans. Absolutely stunned at the moaning on this thread, if anything can be described as tinpot, it's putting seat preference above match attendance.

If you are a season ticket holder, or a member the info is there, you can buy multiple tickets so people can sit together, it's not that hard to get a ticket for this game, and they are STILL available so the club is vindicated thus far. If we sell out more tickets will go on sale, it's really not that hard to figure out.

Nailed it. Couldn't agree more.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The obvious main difference to the Palace tie is that this one is a Saturday 3pm kick-off, so the club shouldn't even be attempting to extrapolate figures from one tie on to the other. Just looks like a lack of ambition to me. They've not even TRIED to sell this game.

What possible reason do they have to not try and sell out this game?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

That’s all very well but what about the once a season mob who want to choose their 7 seats together, not pay very much, then go back to watching county league the next week? It’s NOT fair

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Trying to get my sons nephews and brother to all sit together for the first time at the Amex, might not get the chance again and thought it would be a good opportunity to all get together in decent seats at a decent cost for a 5th round of the FA Cup. Not a great ask tbh.

Was nine the other day..lost a couple?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

With pricing being equal wherever the seat is, it makes sense that folks will take the best seats they can get. If they think, as I do, that one of the upper tiers will be required, and for whatever reason did not get on quick enough to get the pick of the lower tiers, they will wait, as I am waiting. Waiting is a bit frustrating though, don't you find?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That’s all very well but what about the once a season mob, one of whom has never bought a ticket at the Amex before, who want to choose their 7 seats together, not pay very much, then go back to watching county league the next week? It’s NOT fair

Fixed for you.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You tell me :shrug:

The club have priced it at £18 and £6 and promoted it normally. I’ve had 3 emails trying to flog tickets - I assume this isn’t a personal service just for me. Even opening stand by stand is normal for a game like this.

Don’t understand view on the one hand Club wants to make ££s as possible, except for cup games when they’d prefer not to sell tickets and ££s.

What is “trying” to sell this game that they’re not trying?

With pricing being equal wherever the seat is, it makes sense that folks will take the best seats they can get. If they think, as I do, that one of the upper tiers will be required, and for whatever reason did not get on quick enough to get the pick of the lower tiers, they will wait, as I am waiting. Waiting is a bit frustrating though, don't you find?

This.

I was in super early and grabbed seats in those blocks there are normally real expensive, just behind CH.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

With all due respect, it is 90 minutes against Coventry City in a stadium with all decent seats.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
With all due respect, it is 90 minutes against Coventry City in a stadium with all decent seats.

Yeah, all decent, some better than others though, and I am waiting for a better seat than those currently available for me and my mates. If you have four in the rear of the West lower near the halfway line, would you swap with me if I pick up four at the front of the North East corner? If not, why not, they are all decent seats?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
I have mine now they've gone to purchase history, not much of a prime selection left so I've plumped for the north again, central area (single seat availability only) was considering waiting to see if upper areas would open but couldn't risk missing the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here