Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] How many hours TV do you watch a day ?

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
When I was a kid there used to be about 4 channels to watch,so when you went to school the next day you would talk about the same program, as you knew everyone was watching it. You even had to turn off the TV when the national anthem came on to say no more tonight.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Most are saying 1 to 2 hours. Doctor asks how many fags a day. Oh about 10 doc. Doctor writes 20 to 30 on the notes

Bullshit posters

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Most are saying 1 to 2 hours. Doctor asks how many fags a day. Oh about 10 doc. Doctor writes 20 to 30 on the notes

Bullshit posters

I dont think so, TV viewing figures are collapsing, I read that 66% of 16 to 24 year olds never watch the BBC. You dont have to go far to see these kind of numbers.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/tv-ratings-decline-2015-9?r=US&IR=T
"The number of people watching TV is falling off a cliff"

They are using among other things social media, where this poll is, so I believe what they are posting.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Bullshit posters

Not really, personally I get up at 7 get ready for work feed the kids/myself, work 9-5, get home eat dinner and play with my kids, put them to sleep, tidy up the utter destruction they have caused throughout the day, then go to the gym/or the missus does, both sit down about 21:30 to watch an episode of something on Netflix then off to bed. Sorry to disappoint.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Bullshit posters

From the answers I've scanned, many people don't seem to be counting Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube etc as TV, which I think is wrong, whether you watch those things actually on a large screen fixed in a room somewhere, or on a phone, tablet or computer.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I read "TV" as tv programmes - gameshows, soaps, news, reality shows etc - which I watch none of. Only football and the odd Netflix series with the missus, which won't be more than 2-3 episodes a week.

However, if you were to ask how much time I spend actually in front of a TV with an Xbox connected, then I probably spend 3-5 hours a day. That sounds quite bad when put like that but I work shifts so have a lot of time at home on my own!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just watch a small number of series - Game of Thrones, X-Files ( when will channel 5 deign to start series 11 ? ), Line of Duty, Luther, Night Manager plus the odd new try if I hear of it - McMaffia, Hard Sun next.

Along with Match of the Day sometimes, and albion away games on sky in the pub.

Must average no more than 5 hours per week.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
From the answers I've scanned, many people don't seem to be counting Netflix, Amazon Prime and YouTube etc as TV, which I think is wrong, whether you watch those things actually on a large screen fixed in a room somewhere, or on a phone, tablet or computer.

Indeed I concur.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here