Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
in a call today was an interesting revelation that our legal guidance is that contracts and agreements will be valid after Brexit under EEA membership, which we are not leaving.

When was it announced we're staying in The EEA and therefore remaining under the jurisdiction of The ECJ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Farage scared of the backlash against him as the effects of Brexit hit home and he wants out so calling for another referendum

There's a cynical part of me that actually thinks he'd love Brexit overturned, one-way-or-another, so he can come back and carry on as before rather than get blamed for it.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
These projects are based around functions that MUST remain within the EU... things like Euroclear - all European settlement business must take place in Europe. There's no ambiguity here. If we leave the EU, irrespective of the Customs Union stuff, this business (and people), which is transacted by all the banks and other financial companies MUST move. There also a number of European regulatory bodies that are either fully or partially located in London, which once again MUST move to operate, under European Law.

I'm sure you don't believe this.

Yes as I said changes to accommodate our new relationship with the EU. Who knows what a bespoke trade deal will look like, what access we will get. I expect it's a top priority/red line for our negotiators. There is much ambiguity about the number of potential/supposed job movement/losses.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do we have to tattoo "BREXIT HASNT HAPPENED YET" on the back of your hands, fella? :thumbsup:

Perhaps he'll understand if you write it on the side of a bus.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You know absolutely nothing about the role that they play in the sector. They are simply describing a process that has already started and is likely to accelerate and that has an impact on the economy overall. An honest position would be to say that the impact of this sector re-locating would be a price to pay for ridding ourselves of it. Instead we have a typical leaver position which is ignore any facts or detail, divert attention away from the points being raised and question the motivation of the person making the point. The last thing you want is an informed debate as I think you know what the result would be.

Ah the typical 'never answer a question' remainer has surfaced.Are you still counting all those EU officials you know?As regards banking and finance,I am one of the many people who lost money,jobs,property etc. from the actions of HBOS,and in particular the bloke who was scape-goated by them ,Lynden Scourfield.They all knew what he was up to and chose to do nothing in case it brought down their cronies.I think Great Britain would be poorer without them,but would smell a lot better.As for your 'honest position',that is surely an oxymoron when mentioned alongside banking and finance!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There's a cynical part of me that actually thinks he'd love Brexit overturned, one-way-or-another, so he can come back and carry on as before rather than get blamed for it.

:lolol:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Apart from a few looney right wing headbangers like Mogg and a few on here others can see the Brexit dream crumbling around them, a 2nd vote would be a landslide for remain

I agree but it's not going to happen the best we can hope for is a good deal the problem is we have not seen any indication that's going to happen

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Ah the typical 'never answer a question' remainer has surfaced.Are you still counting all those EU officials you know?As regards banking and finance,I am one of the many people who lost money,jobs,property etc. from the actions of HBOS,and in particular the bloke who was scape-goated by them ,Lynden Scourfield.They all knew what he was up to and chose to do nothing in case it brought down their cronies.I think Great Britain would be poorer without them,but would smell a lot better.As for your 'honest position',that is surely an oxymoron when mentioned alongside banking and finance!

I think about I know about 4 EU officials, all minor, but, yes, I am still counting. I think that is the only question in your post.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003
Why would anyone want a second vote now? It would almost be like nobody would know what they're voting for :shrug:

Give it a year and we'll have Theresa's No Borders, alignment with all EU legislation soft option,

Our friends on here's OUT means OUT no deal option

Or cancel article 50

Shirley it would be better to wait until we know what we're voting for :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Farage running scared of the eventual impact of Brexit. Great to see he’s come around to the view the people need to vote on the real proposal, not,some populist snub the leaders vote. Bring it on

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Even though they know the extent of their business they MUST move, you still doubt they'll do it?

He's a dreamer....and still believes VERYTHING will be better after Brexit, like it said on the side of the bus.

As I have occasionally mentioned, Brexit will not happen. Not because I am determined it won't (it does not affect me - close to retirement, secure 'pot', house paid off, money in the bank, not massively intrested in foreign travel, no personal axe to grind), but because it won't. It is far too silly. Sorry to disappoint those still dancing around their bedsit/shed in jubilation at the 'landslide massive' majority to leave :lolol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He's a dreamer....and still believes VERYTHING will be better after Brexit, like it said on the side of the bus.

As I have occasionally mentioned, Brexit will not happen. Not because I am determined it won't (it does not affect me - close to retirement, secure 'pot', house paid off, money in the bank, not massively intrested in foreign travel, no personal axe to grind), but because it won't. It is far too silly. Sorry to disappoint those still dancing around their bedsit/shed in jubilation at the 'landslide massive' majority to leave :lolol:

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why would anyone want a second vote now? It would almost be like nobody would know what they're voting for :shrug:

Give it a year and we'll have Theresa's No Borders, alignment with all EU legislation soft option,

Our friends on here's OUT means OUT no deal option

Or cancel article 50

Shirley it would be better to wait until we know what we're voting for :thumbsup:

Post of the month!

Actually May has a chance now to say, 'OK we will negociate and, at the end of it, we will bow to the wishes of Mr Farrage and have another referendum on the 'deal''. She won't. She's missed a big trick here, but as she has no f ucking idea about anything, this does not surprise me.

WATFORD zero

Jul 10, 2003

I'd hate to think what you were like with your kids when you told them there was no Santa :(

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Post of the month!

Actually May has a chance now to say, 'OK we will negociate and, at the end of it, we will bow to the wishes of Mr Farrage and have another referendum on the 'deal''. She won't. She's missed a big trick here, but as she has no f ucking idea about anything, this does not surprise me.

You are right, and the right answer for a thriving U.K., but then that would require real leadership and strength of character, neither of which has been displayed by PM May. She is not in charge :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here