Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we rest players vs Man Utd ?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Many of our first team have never played at Old Trafford. These are the occasions that professional footballers live for. The day when they can look back and tell the story to their grand children. You won't get any of our players volunteering to sit this out in favour of having a rest!

What if it’s put to them that saving them for Palace increases their chance of playing at Old Trafford NEXT season?

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Wembley and possibly Anfield are the only ones that get near to approaching the iconic staus of Old Trafford certainly not Arsenals or Citys.
Anfield i agree ... save Wembley for our cup final... flying into Manchester with my son on the 25th ... cant wait! assume we will be at full strength and use our subs if 2 nil up or down

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I wouldnt argue but Anfield and Old Trafford have history and nostalgia on their side which the players may consider to be important to tell their grandchildren in later life. Did you ever play at Old Trafford grandad ? Yes Son I played at Old Trafford and Anfield

I prefer the older stadiums too, I loved the fact that the Anfield stadium seems to be on top of the pitch, like the sideline seems in arms reach of the first tier of seats.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The two away games that we gained six points from West Ham and Swansea were fortunate in that those teams played very poorly to expect Man U and Liverpool to perform at that level is hardly likely.
Fielding eleven defenders and using all the subs would quite possibly keep the score down and ensure that our top players would be injury free and fresh for the games to follow

Huddersfield managed to beat Man United, why cant we? They arnt unbeatable.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm sorry but what...?

You're telling me that a team that played 50 games (46 league games, 4 cup games) last season, often playing Saturday (Friday in our case most of the time) Tuesday, Saturday for most of the last season, will now struggle because they have to play Monday, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday, for the first time this season?

Sorry but I don't buy that once ounce - this team know what it takes, and playing on Saturday and then playing again Tuesday will give the team a very quick chance to possibly bounce back (if we lose) or possibly even kick on even more...
Still sticking with this one ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Fascinating period coming up after the international break.

A very winnable game Vs Stoke and then Man U , palace and Liverpool in quick succession. 4 games in less than 2 weeks.

You would have to think there would be some serious rotation for the man u game, I would be very tempted to give some of the fringe/squad players a game in that one. Baldock, kayal, hune (Duffy will need a rest), Solly, hemed, suttner, brown must all be in with a shout.

Im not one for heavy squad rotation but to have the players fresh for palace is so much more important for me.

Thoughts

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This for the upcoming games against Chelski... plus Bruno. 1 game per week he is amazing, 2 games per week and he starts to look a little tired. Plus, slowly introducing a new match-day captain now will prepare us for the inevitable [and sad] day when he steps down. Dunk taking the armband at 75mins is very different to leading the team on the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here