Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club will be writing to those who purchased a ticket for Bournemouth [but didn't go]

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
If people take notice of this I predict we will have less people at away games as a result, which can't be right. Surely that exactly what the club are trying to avoid? The ability for one of your mates to pull out on the day because he has to work or the kids are sick or whatever the reason now means that seat will be empty rather than giving that to someone (almost certainly a decent Brighton fan) who wants to and can go.

As someone has already said a decent away ticket exchange would help with these rules but suspect unless it was somehow able to work on the day I doubt it would make much difference.

I wonder if the club have considered micro chipping us? Works on our dog.

Just e mail the club surely and they can put it up for sale and arrange the buyer to pick the ticket up at the game

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Spot on. The problem here is entirely with the fans .

And the problem with that is by definition they are amongst some of our most "loyal" fans as defined by the club. That in itself has to be a concern?

One of my worries with the scheme is the way it favours season tickets over away attendance. Sure you still need to have been to a few away games before but you don't need to have been to Rochdale on a Tuesday night. The old scheme was a fairer reflection of this I felt. And again I'm alright jack under both schemes.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I just got invited to Arsenal, after missing out myself, as some mates have had a drop out. Guess what..... I'm going.

I know a couple of fans that have got tickets because their mates had to work at the last minute, good luck to them, both good guys, never been in trouble. Tickets are non refundable so why should they not be used! Have a good time up there. I'll be cheering on via BT Sport. :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know a couple of fans that have got tickets because their mates had to work at the last minute, good luck to them, both good guys, never been in trouble. Tickets are non refundable so why should they not be used!

Because, it's against the law for a start.

Of course a blind eye has always been turned to this in the past - it's incredibly difficult to police. Then came CarabaoCupGate.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
I think Bournemouth or any other club may be within their rights to say no you can't have this and blame data protection.

Imagine just for a moment if you're a married man, you told your wife you were going to the Bournemouth game but instead you spent the night with your girlfriend. Shortly you will be getting a letter through your door asking why you weren't there.

I'm not a data protection expert but I suspect you would have a very good legal case against Bournemouth asking why they think they can share this data with BHA, the club employees and ultimately your wife.

*i was there with Mrs Giraffe so I'm alright Jack!

I think the club could be on dangerous ground here with regards to data protection.

By providing data of everyone that was in attendance, they are also providing data (albeit invisible data) of those people that didn't attend.

To then use this against you by sending a letter to your home address is quite frankly disgraceful.

All this because of an isolated incident at Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup in which 600 fans didn't show up.

The club need to be extremely careful here because it is these sort of draconian measures where people begin to say "I don't need this hassle" anymore for a game of football. Personally I can totally understand that mentality.

If someone falls ill on the day of a game the following now applies:

They cannot give their ticket away to a friend.
They cannot sell their ticket.
They also face a ban on future games if they don't attend, despite a genuine reason for non attendance.

A lot of people are extremely disgruntled about the changes to loyalty points this season. I know someone who attended 12 away games last year, yet hasn't been able to get a ticket so far this season. That is fundamentally wrong.

Away game loyalty points should be based on away games only, and this comes from someone who has the maximum number of season ticket points.

I'd expect this sort of over reaction from Paul Barber - frankly it's in his make up. What's disappointing however is that someone more measured (dare I say our chairman Tony Bloom) hasn't reigned him in on this one.

The club have got this so wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Sussex Guy 2k2 is coming across worse than Beach Hut not getting a West Ham ticket, or even that Pratt who boycotted because he didn't get a free shirt.

Essentially, this goon can't handle the fact that people who've held a season ticket longer than him AND have quite probably been to more away games too will buy up a ticket for Man United away in a few weeks time and is throwing his toys out of the pram while making absolutely no point whatsoever.

He's also bitter that he's been busted for not showing at Bournemouth.

Gutted.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just e mail the club surely and they can put it up for sale and arrange the buyer to pick the ticket up at the game

No chance, had same issue at the Bournemouth league game and the end result was unused ticket.

Not going into detail but just shows the stupidity of the system at times

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And the problem with that is by definition they are amongst some of our most "loyal" fans as defined by the club. That in itself has to be a concern?

One of my worries with the scheme is the way it favours season tickets over away attendance. Sure you still need to have been to a few away games before but you don't need to have been to Rochdale on a Tuesday night. The old scheme was a fairer reflection of this I felt. And again I'm alright jack under both schemes.

The old scheme gave 1000 points to season ticket holders rather than 20 points for each Amex year.
No scheme is going to be perfect whilst demand outstrips supply.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Ill? What are the chances, eh?

Luckily for you, there'll only be around 500 people claiming to have fallen ill that day.

It was a 90 minute virus.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Because, it's against the law for a start.

Is it really against the law to buy a ticket find you can`t go and give it to a mate ?

Could you do a poll and ask season ticket holders if they have ever given their ticket to someone else to use ?

I`d be surprised if many hadn`t.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
1 incident. Completely over the top reaction by the club.

Load of nonsense.

It wasn't one incident. As previously mentioned, people were boasting about the Hudds away game last season, and the club has said its checked the Barnet & Bournemouth cup games.

You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
1 incident. Completely over the top reaction by the club.

1 incident, but it would never have been just a one off incident. People like this who don't give a damn about the team they "support" or their fellow fans would have behaved in the same way again and again. Some major sulking going on here because the club has done exactly the right thing in stopping them in their tracks. Well done BHAFC.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think the club could be on dangerous ground here with regards to data protection.

By providing data of everyone that was in attendance, they are also providing data (albeit invisible data) of those people that didn't attend.

To then use this against you by sending a letter to your home address is quite frankly disgraceful.

All this because of an isolated incident at Bournemouth in the Carabao Cup in which 600 fans didn't show up.

The club need to be extremely careful here because it is these sort of draconian measures where people begin to say "I don't need this hassle" anymore for a game of football. Personally I can totally understand that mentality.

If someone falls ill on the day of a game the following now applies:

They cannot give their ticket away to a friend.
They cannot sell their ticket.
They also face a ban on future games if they don't attend, despite a genuine reason for non attendance.

A lot of people are extremely disgruntled about the changes to loyalty points this season. I know someone who attended 12 away games last year, yet hasn't been able to get a ticket so far this season. That is fundamentally wrong.

Away game loyalty points should be based on away games only, and this comes from someone who has the maximum number of season ticket points.

I'd expect this sort of over reaction from Paul Barber - frankly it's in his make up. What's disappointing however is that someone more measured (dare I say our chairman Tony Bloom) hasn't reigned him in on this one.

The club have got this so wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firstly, all Bournemouth or whatever away team are doing is providing a list of seat numbers associated to the tickets that were scanned. The only 'personal' data is held by the BHA who can identify who went and who didn't but matching the seat number to the individual that was assigned the seat when it was purchased.

As for those that can't go at the last minute, does anyone really believe the club will penalize a one time offender? Surely they are looking at those that are repeat offenders.

Lastly, there is more to the reason why the person you know who went to 12 away games can't now get a ticket. Could be he was generally POTG, not a long time season ticket etc etc. Could be that was the only season he went to 12 games!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sussex Guy 2k2 is coming across worse than Beach Hut not getting a West Ham ticket, or even that Pratt who boycotted because he didn't get a free shirt.

Essentially, this goon can't handle the fact that people who've held a season ticket longer than him AND have quite probably been to more away games too will buy up a ticket for Man United away in a few weeks time and is throwing his toys out of the pram while making absolutely no point whatsoever.

He's also bitter that he's been busted for not showing at Bournemouth.

Gutted.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Another one with amnesia, the AMS was quite rightly replaced after the West Ham shambles

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here